Author Topic: House of Seven Swords (new song 1/12/2013) lyrics discussion  (Read 15756 times)

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: House of Seven Swords (new song 1/12/2013) lyrics discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 07:08:13 pm »
THANK YOU!

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 02:50:35 pm »
Does anybody else love how she arpeggiated the chords at the beginning of 7 swords? =) i like the feel of it.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 11:51:12 am »
Does anybody else love how she arpeggiated the chords at the beginning of 7 swords? =) i like the feel of it.

yeah, the new beginning of this song is so lovely.

=) very awesome. I approve! I love it!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 08:09:47 pm »
Tonight she gave an explanation of the song (and it was my first time hearing it)
she said she wrote the song for her brother Edmund who recently graduated college and is now out in the world needing to navigate his own way and finding out who he is, his ethics and morals.  She said is does relate to the 7 of swords tarot card. 
As of right now I don't have any input on the lyrics but I'll get back to you when I can!  but i do think it's "strength and devotion gone without warning" I do remember that.  I remember thinking that is what happens when you are on your own for the first time and the safety net is gone.  You're off in the world fending for yourself and the sturdy hold you thought you had on your life gives way, forcing you to find a new path.
~Sara~