Author Topic: Vanessas Fall Tour and other surprises  (Read 25664 times)

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vanessas Fall Tour and other surprises
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2013, 11:30:22 am »
I'm going to the LA show on 11/15. Anyone down?

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2013, 08:18:31 pm »
just bought tickets for the Nov 11th show. Excited. first time seeing Vanessa.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2013, 10:49:39 am »
Vanessa just posted this to Facebook:

Hellooooo out there,

It's due time for me to explain why I am rescheduling and unfortunately cancelling some shows.

I announced that I was pregnant during the first week of tour. The day after our NYC show on Oct 15th, I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy, or in my case it was a fallopian pregnancy (the embryo settled in my tube, which is the width of a straw.)  This is not considered a viable pregnancy because the fetus cannot develop and it is a high risk situation for the mother because of the potential for tubal rupture and internal bleeding.

We caught it relatively early so I was given a shot of Methotrexate, a mild chemotherapy instead of having surgery. This would hopefully shrink the pregnancy and save my tube. My doctors didn't want me leaving the city so that I was very close to hospital at all times. My mgmt moved to reschedule some shows (we hope to announce information about the makeup dates very soon).

This past Monday, Oct 28th, 11 days after the chemo shot and despite our best efforts, my tube started to rupture and I was experiencing internal bleeding. This article was the key I needed to diagnose my own rupture and get me to go to the ER - The Lancet http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(11)61901-6/fulltext.  My doctor performed a successful surgery and removed my entire right fallopian tube.

[On the bright side my other tube and ovaries are perfectly healthy. I also wanted to note that there is a theory that an appendectomy I had when i was 12 (for a ruptured appendix) had screwed up my right tube with scar tissue etc, and that's why my embryo got caught in the tube.  In case you are a woman with a past appendectomy definitely take note.]

It is also very important to note that this is the second time I ended up in the ER without underwear! However, upon waking up the next morning in the hospital, and as my doctor was explaining to me what happened the night before, my fiancé showed up.  He had flown all night.  He had my underwear.  My hunter green lace ones:-)  I realize I am a lucky woman on many levels here.

Unfortunately, today, a week to the day from my emergency surgery I started getting intense nerve pain in one of my incisions.  I was all set to fly to Vancouver on Wednesday but, alas, I am not ready yet.  So, sadly, I will need to cancel the first four dates of my November tour - this includes Vancouver, Bellingham, Portland and Seattle.  I need to stay close to my doctors and the hospital in case this initial pain turns into something more serious.  I'm ready to get back out there mentally though and if all goes even remotely as planned I will be ready for San Francisco. 
I'm so bummed about having to jank up this tour.  It started off pretty great.  My favorite even. Gimme a couple more days, I'll be ready.  Thank you for all your support and understanding through this.

Love
Vanessa

It sounds scary what she went through and I hope she feels better soon!

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2013, 10:57:01 am »
However, upon waking up the next morning in the hospital, and as my doctor was explaining to me what happened the night before, my fiancé showed up.

...well then....
congrats on the engagement!

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2013, 11:29:27 am »
However, upon waking up the next morning in the hospital, and as my doctor was explaining to me what happened the night before, my fiancé showed up.

...well then....

So she is going to be a bride?   :)

Dan/NS

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2013, 02:57:11 pm »
I hope she gets better soon; she was so excited about her pregnancy :(   luckily she has her partner by her side, but this must be a tough moment for her.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2013, 06:26:25 pm »

...well then....

So she is going to be a bride?   :)

Dan/NS

it would seem like it huh?
I wonder if they will purposely try to conceive again as I guess this one was not planned.  If you are thinking your life will be one way, then it accidentally ends up a different way, then that gets all messed up, do you want your life to go back the way it was, or stay on the track you ended up on on accident?  I guess only time will tell.

~Sara~

SparksFly

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2013, 11:37:54 pm »
That sounds so serious =\ I feel bad about her pregnancy.... she must be so sad or either very relieved that they were able to repair the problem. She seemed to be in a good state of mind while writing that letter though.

Boy she sure keeps a private life! I didn't know she had a boyfriend nor a now "fiance" haha.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2013, 07:28:23 am »
I feel so, so sorry for Vanessa right now, it's such a shame that she had to go through that loss when she was obviously so happy and looking forward to a new part of her life. She does seem remarkably positive, and I just hope that with the support of her fiance(!) and her family/friends that she makes a full physical/emotional recovery

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:40 am »
I agree. My heart aches for her and I'm glad that she's staying positive about it. But I am happy for her that she is engaged and hopefully they will try again soon, if that's what they want.

Also, eonline posted an article about her:
http://www.eonline.com/news/477900/vanessa-carlson-reveals-she-lost-her-pregnancy-cancels-tour-dates-after-emergency-surgery?cmpid=eonline-twitter&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_topstories&dlvrit=48939

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 01:36:09 pm »
Posted on her facebook:

Dear ones, I'm at the airport waiting to board a plane to start up our tour again. Just ordered a Hoegaarden. Victor, the mascot Muppet, is ready to resume his role chasing fake frogs. He's waiting in his fly bag patiently.

Thanks for understanding the pause and know that I'm rescheduling many of the dates I missed. They are posted on my site. Hope to see you on this next leg of dates. I have a good feeling about the stuff we are gonna play. A special guest is with me. Bird Cloud is playing too. Lets see what happens.

Love,
Vanessa Carlton

I'm so happy that she's feeling better now. I wonder who her special guest is? Maybe John?

vcfan

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2013, 11:47:38 am »
I just got an email saying I'm a Meet & Greet winner! Has anyone else received an email like this?!

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2013, 05:56:10 pm »
For which show!?!? I was really hoping I would win for the LA show Friday! lol Congrats!
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

vcfan

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2013, 08:26:48 pm »
For LA's show! But I don't even remember entering the contest hahaha. I think I'm going to bring her some flowers and a card. I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2013, 12:28:41 am »
Wow, you're so lucky, I am positively green with envy at the minute. Buying V cards and flowers is so sweet, I'm sure she'll really appreciate that. Have fun at your meet and greet.