Author Topic: 11.13.13 The Swedish American Hall SF (review)  (Read 6567 times)

wonderponder

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
My Experience at Vanessa's San Francisco Concert 11/13/2013 - A Miracle!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 07:16:46 pm »
I went to Vanessa Carlton's small concert this past Wednesday night (11/13/2013) in SF, and amazingly as it was early and I was only one of six people in line so far, she said "Hi!" to me as she entered the small venue with John and her pup Victor after just walking up the sidewalk. A couple hours later in the music hall, as she was coming down the stairs and through the hallway,  she surprisingly told me she really liked my "Vanessa/Victor" t-shirt as I then welcomed her to San Francisco and handed her two copies of my poetry book about "Planets, Birds, Stars & Bees". She said "Thank You" and steered off course to hand them to her assistant asking him to hold onto them for her. What absolutely melted me though was that as she was walking toward him, I saw her slow mid-route and look at the cover of my book ever so slowly before handing them over. Then, she headed back around toward the path to the tiny stage where everyone was waiting and cheered loudly. It was an amazing intimate session as I sat with my two nieces in the front row a few feet away from Vanessa as she played many old and new songs, and joked around a lot. What was most amazing of all though, was that so soon after her surgery and what must be extremely emotional for her (as us all), she still flew out to San Francisco to sing wonderfully for her fans, and is continuing the rest of her long tour. Her voice is utterly amazing as her piano skills melodic genius. It was nice to look in her eyes for real, after staring at them for years in her photo on my wall, and I could finally tell and genuinely feel up-close, that she has some actual authentic connection with even the farthest star:) I've attached pics in this post - A pic of her on stage, a pic of the signed poster, the t-shirt she liked, and the cover of my book. Three hours in line was well worth the wait for someone so self-LESS!!

wonderponder

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 11.13.13 The Swedish American Hall SF (review)
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 10:05:19 pm »
Ghisy, is that you that was at the front of the line with my nieces and I for hours in the cold? Dang, you got to huuuuug her. WOW!

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 07:15:45 pm »
Ghisy, is that you that was at the front of the line with my nieces and I for hours in the cold? Dang, you got to huuuuug her. WOW!
Yup, that was me!  ;D

Yeah, I decided to ask for a hug after 10 years of being around. I'm glad she agreed by saying "but of course, you may have a hug!", like it was a given! <3
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 05:35:58 am »
I hate missing SF shows.

Stupid Texas.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness