Author Topic: Liberman  (Read 215796 times)

initially_yours

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • My official site
Re: Liberman
« Reply #375 on: August 27, 2015, 08:30:08 pm »
Awesome to have the studio version, but I gotta say, I prefer the live version with the extended violin intro. It had such a great Celtic/Irish feel to it that I thought worked magically.
Musician, filmmaker, writer: http://www.theaaronchan.com

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 28, 2015, 12:07:52 am »
Pre-order for physical CDs(both standard and deluxe) are up on Amazon.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

fantastical

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 28, 2015, 07:59:47 am »
I agree with Willows having that Harmonium touch, which is easily her best album imo. I was very much meh about the live performances of Willows and didn't want it on the album but it translated so much better in the studio. It's exactly how I wanted it to sound. It grabs you. Weird since it isn't so different from the live version but it does capture your attention and you get all the feels.

Alex0821

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 28, 2015, 09:04:53 am »
I agree with Willows having that Harmonium touch, which is easily her best album imo. I was very much meh about the live performances of Willows and didn't want it on the album but it translated so much better in the studio. It's exactly how I wanted it to sound. It grabs you. Weird since it isn't so different from the live version but it does capture your attention and you get all the feels.

I totally agree with this! I'm so happy it's on iTunes already so I can buy it. I hate downloading her songs illegally, even though I know I'm gonna purchase them when I can. It's nice to support her  :)
Check out my newest piano instrumentals, "Willows" and "Blue Pool"!

darren1711

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 28, 2015, 09:12:15 am »
Beginning to worry that the album is not going to be available to buy internationally  :(

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 28, 2015, 09:21:25 am »
Love the cover, love the fact that Vanessa's on it and I love the song. As of now it's my favourite studio version I've heard from that record. It's a shame that Young heart isn't on the record though, I was hoping it would at least be part of the living room session. And great to have the confirmation that after 4 records Vanessa will finally have a deluxe version available for one of her albums :D

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 28, 2015, 05:52:18 pm »
Willows sounds amaaaaazing. So relaxing. Album cover looks great!

Can't wait to actually be able to pre-order the album on iTunes. I'm probably going to get a physical copy as well, just... because. haha.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 29, 2015, 02:44:27 am »
Beginning to worry that the album is not going to be available to buy internationally  :(

You can already pre-order both versions on Amazon.com and they ship overseas! I know I did!  ;)

Screw digital, long live physical CDs!  :P
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #383 on: August 29, 2015, 05:39:25 pm »
Awesome to have the studio version, but I gotta say, I prefer the live version with the extended violin intro. It had such a great Celtic/Irish feel to it that I thought worked magically.

me tooooooo!!  I'm just partial to any violin really.  she and skye have such chemistry together musically I just love watching them together and hearing his talent.  I also played in a fiddle club growing up and that's why I loved this song so much live because it has that irish jig to it, which is mostly lost in translation to studio.  It's still vanessa and I still love it.  It's an extra version of a great song, how can you go wrong with that???

someone also mentioned that they wish we had more demo versions of the other songs but if you think about it.. all the live stuff she did before even recording the album can be considered demos and she had the whole record done before shopping around to labels.. just putting a positive spin on it!
~Sara~

fantastical

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 30, 2015, 10:11:29 am »
I already find this album sounds 'bigger' than Rabbits. That album is so earthy. She completely delved herself into the simple recording process and keeping things minimalistic. The only studio version song we've received so far that sounds like something from Rabbits is Blue Pool. The production reminds me of Tall Tales for Spring for some reason. No, you can definitely tell they upped the ante for this record. A different sonic landscape. I would love a hybrid of Rabbits and Harmonium. The surprising production turnout of Take It Easy reminds me of when we first heard the album version of Hands On Me. All the little details and sound effects. Nothing Where Something Used To Be sounds perfect as is. It already sounds like a studio version! Very curious to hear the outcome. Looking forward to hearing the album and live bonus tracks soon. It'll probably be worth the one year delay.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #385 on: September 02, 2015, 11:53:17 pm »

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #386 on: September 03, 2015, 06:04:17 pm »
New music videos coming soon, with Vanessa in them! A couple shots from her twitter, looking gorge:

I'm so excited that it said "videos", as in more than one. Take It Easy, Willows, or Operator?

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 04, 2015, 05:36:47 pm »
Nice!!! Can't wait for the vids :)

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 04, 2015, 06:17:32 pm »
Cute new video interview with CBS!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vanessa-carlton-on-album-liberman-motherhood/

I love what she said about Blue Pool being about how a women's mind works - it being like a garden with secret doors and 'you have to figure out your way in'. :)

coldyoungheart

• hear the bells;
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 04, 2015, 06:39:34 pm »
V just replied to someone on Twitter and said that they filmed for two different songs!