Author Topic: 11/15/15 Cleveland, OH - Music Box Supper Club  (Read 5533 times)

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
11/15/15 Cleveland, OH - Music Box Supper Club
« on: September 15, 2015, 06:20:41 am »
OK. Just bought my ticket to this one and well... in my 10+ years of being a NESSAholic, this will be my first concert and I am so psyched, you have no idea.

Anyone else making it to this?
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

coldyoungheart

• Make me high on lullabies
  • hear the bells;
    • View Profile
Re: 11/15/15 Cleveland, OH - Music Box Supper Club
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 08:38:50 am »
I bet it's going to be amazing. I hope you'll have fun! :)

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 02:37:45 pm »
OK. Just bought my ticket to this one and well... in my 10+ years of being a NESSAholic, this will be my first concert and I am so psyched, you have no idea.

Anyone else making it to this?

I'll be at this show! I'm going to both Ohio shows and the Pittsburgh one! =)

wherestheparty

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 07:14:35 am »
Bought my tix to this show, seen a couple dozen but I totally lost count. Saw 3 times in Cleveland. Been more than 12 years since I last saw VC live. Listened to Liberman stream and it's wonderful, going to order now, last disc was Heroes and Thieves, with a bit of listening since then...

The Music Box should be a fine venue for this and I'll get there early.

Excited. Anxious. Nervous. Thinking it'll be intense and strange.

zoedilts

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 12:28:33 pm »
I'll be at this one too! I'm from Pittsburgh, but sadly where she will be playing at there it's 21+ only and I'm only 20 :( Has anyone been to the Music Box Supper Club before?  What's it like there? 

wherestheparty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 07:17:44 pm »
I haven't been there. It's a very new venue, about 1 year. It's on the river across from downtown. I think Pittsburgh is a beautiful city with big hills and windy roads and great views especially from the hills across the river from downtown, and especially at night. Breathtaking. Cleveland is colorless and flat, no big buildings, a disappointment. The only good views are from the area where the Supper Club is, it's just a tiny fraction of what Pittsburgh looks like, so try not to laugh. Nonetheless, this seems to be a very classy venue. There's a website: http://www.musicboxcle.com and it has pictures, with more pix at http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/music-box-supper-club-cleveland The concert hall is upstairs, it has tables that are shared and a menu so you can take your seat and drink and eat if you want... or not. Next door is The Improv Comedy Club, and next to that is Shooter's where you can also eat and drink. As you come down the entrance street (Main Ave), which ends at a circle, the Club is ahead to the left, and some parking is to the left, with more parking to the right. Across the lot to the right is the "Powerhouse" which contains the new Cleveland Aquarium which I recommend also. There usually IS A CHARGE for parking so be prepared for that. Come early, relax , and enjoy. Then, if you leave right after the show, you should be home by 1 AM or so. Easy Peasy.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 07:20:46 pm by wherestheparty »

zoedilts

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 10:55:33 am »
Thanks for your help and the advice about the parking, I wouldn't have thought about that! Is the food expensive there? And does anyone know if she's having an opening act or anything??

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 03:32:11 pm »
OK. Weird question for anyone who is going to this show, but would you any of you by any chance be driving through/by/from Akron? Looking at my options to get there and thought I'd just check here as well. Looking for a ride to and possibly back from the venue. Will be willing to split gas!
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

wherestheparty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 02:37:35 pm »
zoedilts; There's a nice dinner restaurant downstairs, it's bit pricey. The "Concert Hall" upstairs (where Nessa will play) has it's own more casual menu that's a little less expensive. The menus with prices are on the website http://www.musicboxcle.com, check it out. Although you won't know it all until you've been there, you can review the FAQs for some understanding before going. Opening act is listed as Joshua Hyslop. I think it'll be pleasant.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:39:26 pm by wherestheparty »

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 04:30:42 pm »
I am coming from Pittsburgh with a friend or else I'd offer to drive!!! See you there though!!! Make sure to come say hi, I always love meeting new Nessaholics!!

zoedilts

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 01:24:52 pm »
wherestheparty; thank you so much for the info, I have really bad anxiety about going new places and you definitely made a lot of it go away:)  Is the seating like dinner table style, then?  I would feel so weird not eating if I was at a table like that lol

wherestheparty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 08:09:15 am »
Judging by the seating diagram, most seats are at shared tables, some are at the bar and some are at side rails. Dining is NOT required. I'm guessing some folks show up early and have dinner, either upstairs or downstairs, and some don't. It might be best if you carefully review the web site and the FAQs. Personally I'm always anxious at new places, I hate that. No dinner for me upstairs there, I'd be uncomfortable no matter what. I suppose I'll eat someplace else before, and get drinks, strike up a conversation with others, and maybe a snack like chips at my table. Best option is always to do whatever you want to do; for some that's easy, for others it's nerve-wracking. I find a drink in hand is both calming and creates a space. Enjoy!

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 03:46:15 pm »
Hope you guys have an awesome time tonight!