Author Topic: Where is a good place to go for a first sort of date?  (Read 5225 times)

MeechNess

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Faeryshroom
    • View Profile
Where is a good place to go for a first sort of date?
« on: April 27, 2003, 11:10:26 am »
Well, my friend is going to ask my crush (everyone says he likes me and I've caught him staring at me a few times) to go with me, her and another one of our friends and she wants me to tell her where I want to go but I have no idea where to go!! Can you help me figure out a good place to go on a first sort of date? lol  :lol:  :oops:  :wink:

gemmapaintsitblack

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - shesstrangerthanfiction@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 03:00:41 pm »
i know its kinda cliched...but how about bowling or ice skating? its fun, you wont have those awkward silences if you run out of conversation, because you have something to do....and it has plenty of scope for flirting  :wink:

stuff like a meal and the cinema arent that great cause you cant talk for eating and you're watching the film...you're better saving them for when you're dating..

hope that helps a little  :D

(¯`·._.·[¤If we walk now we will divide & conquer this land¤]·._.·´¯)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 05:48:28 pm »
Ok, first off.. if you are over the age of 15 then you need to ask him yourself.  DOn't let your friend do it.  It will make you look childish.

Next, a first date should be VERY generic and should be something easily escaped from.  So keep it simple and informal.  Also, something where you dont have to talk the entire time is nice.  Which is why movies, plays, shows work great.

Going to the movies, while over done, is still a very good first date.  Not to disagree with Gemma ;), but I think the fact that you DON'T talk much is what makes them so perfect.  IF you are forced to talk too much on a first date it always turns awkward.  Concerts are also great.  

ALso, if there is something you do that is unique, if you can incorporate that in, its usually pretty cool.  Like I had a girl invite me to an art show she had some work in for a first date.  That was pretty damn cool.

Also, afternoon dates are underused because they are usually short but they are great for getting to know someone.  Meet for lunch, or to go to the mall or a matinee movie.  These also let you escape easily if the date goes bad.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 06:03:26 pm »
Yup yup, I agree with Andrew
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 06:16:41 pm »
and if me and tricia agree then it must be true!
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 06:46:08 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
and if me and tricia agree then it must be true!
---Andrew

Yes Andrew gives the best advice.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 06:53:03 pm »
LOL! Was that sarchasm, Nikkee?  :wink:
---Andrew

---Andrew

MeechNess

• View Profile
aww
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2003, 07:37:30 pm »
thanks you guys! lol... Well, it's not really a date date because two of our friends would be there.. But, yeah, if we do start dating, I'll keep that in mind, lol!

MeechNess

• View Profile
yay!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2003, 08:53:20 pm »
What started out as plans for a nice 4 people hang out is turning into a sort of party! lol... Half my class is going and some other people I don't know... Jeff(my other crush) might be going if he isn't too tired from racing motocross, woo woo... The "party" starts at 10pm and ends at 1am.. Yes, I'll be there the whole time! lol.. My parents don't care that I'll be getting home around 1:30am.. hehe.. This Saturday is so going to rock! Even though I can't bowl... lol! Jordan will be there, possibly as my boyfriend, possibly as just a "really close friend" as he says... lol

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Ok...
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2003, 05:39:16 am »
You're 16 years old.  It's time to learn how to ask someone out.  Seriously.  This "Maybe as my boyfriend" stuff doesn't fly when you're 16.  If the guy is being intentionally ambiguous about the status of your relationship then hes doing it for a reason...... and its probabaly not a reason you will like.

If you like the guy then sit him down and talk to him! Or else just try and plant one on him and see if he squirms away.  But dont play word games with him.  That's just silly.  You're 16! Not 12! Take a risk!
---Andrew

---Andrew

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2003, 07:39:26 am »
Risks are scary.  *hides*  But I've actually done the whole "just grab the guy and plant one on him" and it worked.  Maybe you should give it a shot. ;)
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2003, 11:33:09 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
LOL! Was that sarchasm, Nikkee?  :wink:
---Andrew

:)

MeechNess

• View Profile
hahahaha
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2003, 06:32:41 pm »
no, you don't understand.. I'm not your normal 16 year old... I am extremely extremely shy.. and yes, I have thought about just planting one on him... then I think better of it, lol.. I see him in school, when we're around all of our friends, I wouldn't want to embarrass him by kissing him in front of everyone... I dunno... I'll just shut up now...

Anyway, even if he doesn't like me as more than friends which, by the way he acts is almost unlikely, it won't matter... We'd still be friends.. I've dealt with being rejected plenty of times to know life goes on! Besides, there is a guy at the store across the street that likes me, if nothing more happens with Jordan, I'll just try to get to know that guy better..

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2003, 05:02:59 am »
Wow! I've never heard such a frightening lack of self-esteem!  People are attracted to confidence.  Be more confident!

Say it with me once; Im good enough, im smart enough, and gosh darn-it, people like me  :wink:

Arrange to see this boy AWAY from your other friends and then try something.  Stop JUST hanging out with him around other people.  You'll never know where you stand with him otherwise.

Also, one thing ive learned, if you try and balance two guys at once you're not gonna get either of them.  Pick 1 boy and focus on him.  Don't try and keep a backup plan around.  It never works out cause he ends up feeling like your second choice and people hate that.
---Andrew

---Andrew

drumpad

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2003, 09:50:44 pm »
8O Babs was going on a possible date and i missed it?! arrrrrrgh
 ---"poot slap, poot slap, dawg with that thump"