Author Topic: Michelle Branch  (Read 310788 times)

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1260 on: February 24, 2006, 06:20:58 pm »
Thanks, Max :D
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1261 on: February 27, 2006, 11:49:21 pm »
Quote from: "abbottANDcostello"
Quote from: "milla"
i <3 her.

the-wreckage = best MB ever

Yeah!  That MB kicks ass just like this one!  You girls in charge of it, don't let it get all fucked up with Michelle's shitty fans :roll:  like what happened on the official boards.  

You're doing a perfect job with that place so far!!!!!! :D

thank you, we won't, and thank you! :D
Samuel
(he/him)

nessaRox

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1262 on: July 02, 2006, 11:32:00 pm »
michelle turns 23 today!!!

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1263 on: July 03, 2006, 12:35:01 am »
Quote from: "nessaRox"
michelle turns 23 today!!!

Yay!!  :D
Dustin

Imaginary Ocean

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1264 on: August 04, 2007, 12:58:42 am »
And she's returning solo !
I love The Wreckers but.. SOLO AGAIN  :D

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1265 on: August 04, 2007, 08:47:30 am »
Quote from: "Imaginary Ocean"

Really?!?!  That's exciting!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1266 on: August 04, 2007, 09:39:29 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Quote from: "Imaginary Ocean"

Really?!?!  That's exciting!

thtas pretty awesome I have liked some of her work...not as much as V :)... but shes still pretty good. I can't wait to hear some of her work.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1267 on: August 04, 2007, 11:12:20 am »
i was just listening to hotel paper yesterday wondering, "is she done?"
i'm interested to hear what she's coming up with
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1268 on: August 04, 2007, 11:26:01 am »
mmhmm but if she comes out a bit after V does with her new album its just another few months of people going Oh look its Vanessa! (when its Michelle) or ohhh look its Michelle! (when its Vanessa)

or you never know people might get that there is a difference between the guitar and the piano...

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Imaginary Ocean

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1269 on: August 05, 2007, 08:28:43 am »
Yes, that's exciting. don't expect her new album for a nearly future.. but there will be a third album, which is great !

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1270 on: August 07, 2007, 09:49:33 am »
I used to like some Michelle Branch songs, and still really like an old concert version of Desperately that I had and Are You Happy Now?, but I took a new listen to Hotel Paper recently- and I just feel like she lacks depth and I don't find her to be a very talented lyricist. You know how we were picking out our favorite lines from Vanessa's songs? Well I think Michelle's songs tend to be a lot more full of fluff and cliche lines. I'm not sure about the Wreckers, I haven't listened to their album, but Leave the Pieces was no lyrical wonder. I mean, it was a cute and catchy tune- I'll give her that, but I don't feel like she has what it takes to last much longer... whereas I think V will be able to maintain an underground following for a long time.

PS- I really like Jessica Harp though. I was a big fan of hers since before she ever even met Michelle... because she was a Hanson fan and people had her website on their sigs years and years ago. Fun fact: Before Jessica ever met Michelle, she went to Hanson's hotel and performed for them in the lobby of the hotel and gave them a demo of her songs she'd written. =P

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1271 on: August 07, 2007, 10:13:19 am »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
I used to like some Michelle Branch songs, and still really like an old concert version of Desperately that I had and Are You Happy Now?, but I took a new listen to Hotel Paper recently- and I just feel like she lacks depth and I don't find her to be a very talented lyricist. You know how we were picking out our favorite lines from Vanessa's songs? Well I think Michelle's songs tend to be a lot more full of fluff and cliche lines. I'm not sure about the Wreckers, I haven't listened to their album, but Leave the Pieces was no lyrical wonder. I mean, it was a cute and catchy tune- I'll give her that, but I don't feel like she has what it takes to last much longer... whereas I think V will be able to maintain an underground following for a long time.

PS- I really like Jessica Harp though. I was a big fan of hers since before she ever even met Michelle... because she was a Hanson fan and people had her website on their sigs years and years ago. Fun fact: Before Jessica ever met Michelle, she went to Hanson's hotel and performed for them in the lobby of the hotel and gave them a demo of her songs she'd written. =P

I've gotta say I agree with you about Michelle's lack of lyrical depth.  It has always bothered me a little.  But I still like her songs 'cause I'm a sucker for great melodies & she definitely knows how to write one!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1272 on: August 07, 2007, 12:49:06 pm »
Harp is a better writer than Michelle, hands down. And a better vocalist... I'm really looking forward to both of their solo albums, though.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1273 on: August 07, 2007, 03:04:25 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Quote from: "NoelleNC"

I've gotta say I agree with you about Michelle's lack of lyrical depth.  It has always bothered me a little.  But I still like her songs 'cause I'm a sucker for great melodies & she definitely knows how to write one!

I definitely agree.  I've thought that for quite awhile.  I think her writing may have gotten a little better on Hotel Paper, though.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

MyMelody

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1274 on: August 07, 2007, 05:32:59 pm »
Michelle Branch songs have always (for the most part - "Drop in the Ocean" and about half of Hotel Paper don't count) been as catchy as hell and well-produced. I don't really care if the lyrics are just "la la la" if the melody is fantastic.

But nice lyrics are always a plus. But not necessary.