Author Topic: Michelle Branch  (Read 296824 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #690 on: December 13, 2003, 11:02:57 pm »
She made the choice to do this, and I admire her bravery for it. She's got the body (which she probably worked for) so she can show it off if she wants. And yes, she is a role model for some people... but she also has her own life. If she wants to do something, she shouldn't be held back. What she's doing is not hurting anyone!
She's doing what sooo many other artists are doing though, and to me she's kind of loosing her uniqueness. Now I think she's going to be grouped into Britney/Christina group, which is kinda sad. Jewel did the same thing... and her music changed along with her image. I wonder if Michelle's will too?
I'm not any less of a fan of hers but I do think of her diferently now. But yes, it's the music that counts! That's why I've liked Michelle before, and that's why I like her now.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #691 on: December 14, 2003, 10:41:38 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
She made the choice to do this, and I admire her bravery for it. She's got the body (which she probably worked for) so she can show it off if she wants. And yes, she is a role model for some people... but she also has her own life. If she wants to do something, she shouldn't be held back. What she's doing is not hurting anyone!
She's doing what sooo many other artists are doing though, and to me she's kind of loosing her uniqueness. Now I think she's going to be grouped into Britney/Christina group, which is kinda sad. Jewel did the same thing... and her music changed along with her image. I wonder if Michelle's will too?
I'm not any less of a fan of hers but I do think of her diferently now. But yes, it's the music that counts! That's why I've liked Michelle before, and that's why I like her now.

Very well said... =)
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #692 on: December 14, 2003, 11:58:01 am »
Quote from: "Tia"

Very well said... =)

thank you! :)

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #693 on: December 14, 2003, 12:53:34 pm »
Nothing wrong with what she did.
I am not complaining at all  :lol:
all I care is about is the music and it still kicks ass
like no other so until the music gets terrible, lets give Michelle her respect :)

danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #694 on: December 14, 2003, 02:49:10 pm »
Quote from: "Tia"

Very well said... =)

thank you! :)

De nada =)
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Michelle Branch
« Reply #695 on: December 14, 2003, 09:49:29 pm »
Kiss here in Milwaukee is finally playing "Breathe," two months behind the rest of the country.  :roll:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #696 on: December 14, 2003, 09:50:47 pm »
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"
Kiss here in Milwaukee is finally playing "Breathe," two months behind the rest of the country.  :roll:

haha, it's already been overkilled here.

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Michelle Branch
« Reply #697 on: December 14, 2003, 10:03:58 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"

haha, it's already been overkilled here.

It's currently in the middle of the killing here, along with:

Nickelback "Someday"
OutKast "Hey Ya!"
3 Doors Down "Here Without You"
Matchbox 20 "Bright Lights"
Simple Plan "Perfect"

It's deadly!

holy shit it "Breathe" just came on AGAIN. This marks the 6th time I've heard it on this station since 4 hours ago.

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Michelle Branch
« Reply #698 on: December 14, 2003, 10:10:57 pm »
Kiss here is still killing:

Bubba Sparxxx - Deliverance
Baby Bash f/Frankie J - Suga Suga
Santana f/Chad Kroeger - Why Don't You And I
3 Doors Down - Here Without You
Outkast - Hey Ya
Lil' Jon & The East Side Boyz - Get Low
Murphy Lee/Jermaine Dupri - What Da Hook Gon Be
Clay Aiken - invisible
Trapt - Headstrong

Now Aiken is on the radio again  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

*runs away screaming*
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #699 on: December 14, 2003, 10:30:44 pm »
Yeah I'm sooo happy we hardly got a dose of Clay this time...

Kiss Charlotte is killing: haha all these kiss stations:

Nelly/Diddy/Murphy Lee "Shake Ya Tail Feather"
Josh Kelley "Amazing" (but every station should be, the song didn't get what it deserved.)
OutKast "Hey Ya!"
Nickelback "Someday"
No Doubt "It's My Life"
3 Door Down "Here Without You"
Maroon 5 "Harder To Breathe"
Michelle Branch "Breathe"
Matchbox 20 "Bright Lights"
EDIT: Beyonce "Baby Boy" - How did I skip this one?

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #700 on: December 14, 2003, 11:08:20 pm »
whoa... there's a station that's slower than kiis in LA?! lol. kiis has been playing breathe for awhile now!

other songs they're killing:
The Way You Move- Outkast
Milkshake- Kelis
Perfect- Simple Plan
The Trouble With Love Is- Kelly Clarkson
Feelin This- Blink 182

and others...

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #701 on: December 14, 2003, 11:16:49 pm »
Ahh! I hope we don't get "Feeling This" it won it's 5 nights on the battle, but they havn't started playing it, and the rock station is killing it!

They also never started playing Nelly "Iz U" even though it won its 5 nights too, oh wait, so did All American Rejects "Time Stands Still."

Which brings me to something off of MB, but AAR definatly got ripped off that they didn't even get hardly any top 40 play for "Time Stands Still" song is great! And "The Last Song" wasn't good, but now they had to release "My Paper Heard" or whatever and it's just as bad as "The Last Song" top 40 radio is so messed up!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #702 on: December 14, 2003, 11:24:00 pm »
yep, i agree Top 40 is messed up
atleast i know at kiis, nothing gets on kiis without the approval of one guy. and who's to say that he knows whats best? i think the system sucks... which is why i rarely to kiis anymore! the music is boring, its always the same 10 or 12 songs on repeat!

jojo has his top 9 at 9 everynight, and countdowns where the fans vote are basically the only time the public gets to choose whats on the radio. for example, the song "f*** it" has been on jojo's top 9 for weeks, which proves that people want to hear it, but does kiis play it anyother time (besides with jojo's hateacations)? noooo... Same think with Pretty Baby, it was on the top 9 at 9... but it was barely played. i think top 40 needs to listen to the listeners more!

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #703 on: December 14, 2003, 11:50:01 pm »
True, I have some top 40 radio experiance, and tons of knowledge of top 40 and rock radio formats, and I shall say this...

My friend Ted, and possibly Chris Taylor and I, are going to be moving into a high ranking market next year when I turn 18, which is 377 days I believe, and that is where I will be "music director" which is the person who writes up the list of songs, and how often their played, (I'm just defining things because I don't know how much you know about radio, but you know...anyone else reading this also).

And so I've been studying formating, and talking often to music directors in this area, and getting experiance and all. And so, we're going to start a top 40/rock station. (Because all LP singles will be played.) But it's going to be a station who doesn't talk BS about all requests and that stuff.

I shall give a few examples of things MESSED UP!

Nelly/Diddy /Murphy Lee "Shake Ya Tail Feather" was on BRL (pop station request countdown) only once at #3. It's the top 5 requests. And yet they killed it for the longest time, and this paste couple weeks it's finally dying off.

Kelis "Milkshake" Kelly Clarkson, "Low" "The Trouble With Love Is" Trapt "Headstrong" Simple Plan "Perfect" Nickelback "Someday" Mya "My Love Is Like Woah!" Beyonce "Me Myself and I" and tons more HAVE NEVER GOTTEN ON THE REQUEST COUNTDOWN. And yes I know this for a fact. I keep track of it, and have the paste countdowns written down in my notebook, because I'm always home at 8 doing homework or research. Yet they still killed those songs!!

Yet LP "NUMB" has been on there nearly a month, #1 5 times, and still hanging around #2. And they play it less than "Shake Ya Tail Feather" this paste week, (according to mediabase).

So it seems un-realistic, but he's getting a loan, and we're starting the station. And he's gonna yell at me for telling about it...

But also, as the music director this is how it will  be different than most stations.

The average top 40 station music director writes up the playlist at the begining or end of the week, they write it for the ENTIRE WEEK. Meaning that if suddenly a new song that everyone likes get released mid-week and tons of requests pour in for it becuase MTV is playing the video every two minutes, then they'll just have to keep requesting until the next week. And there is no quarantee that the music director will pick it up anyways.

I will be writing the playlist in intervals of every two days, it would be more work, but the goal is to get more listeners, then you get more advertisers, and you gain more money in the end. And during each DJs air shift, there will be an 45 minute or 1 hour request space in which they can play any song on the playlist, although there would be more details that I can't go into.

But the thing is, if people request it, it will get played, and it will get played to reflect the requests, not played to reflect how many other stations are playing it. That's why it is soooo hard for new artists to get play for their songs, (Example: Josh Kelley.)

Anyways, I'd better stop going off on the details.

I'm gonna get yelled at. But it's gonna be good. Right now he plans on DC, but I wanted to own NY. Who knows maybe we'll hit California.  :D

Thanks for realing my ramble.

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #704 on: December 15, 2003, 05:02:04 pm »