Author Topic: Norah Jones  (Read 44063 times)

ChocoNutz

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - popjuliane
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2004, 11:33:29 am »
now, guess who's coming to Brazil? Noraaaaah! woo hoo

tickets are waaaaaaaay too expensive tho so I'm not sure I'm going...  :cry:

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2005, 08:19:31 pm »
3 more Grammys. I'm starting to watch the Grammys expecting awards for her. She's the Patriots of the Grammys. I'm kind of proud to say I'm a fan since the beginning before most people heard of her. :thumbsup:

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2006, 03:36:17 pm »
I just preordered the Little Willies album coming out in March. It's a new project from Norah Jones. She and her friends formed this group and they sing songs by Hank Williams, Willie Nelson, Townes Van Zandt.

You can listen to the album here:http://www.emimusic.ca/thelittlewillies/

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2006, 05:49:40 pm »
Oh!.. I didnt know there was a topic about Norah!.. that's so cool!

I haven't heard any new about her and her band.. so.. so.. is there any new?.. a new album???

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2006, 05:40:20 am »
Quote from: "Steveau"
3 more Grammys. I'm starting to watch the Grammys expecting awards for her. She's the Patriots of the Grammys. I'm kind of proud to say I'm a fan since the beginning before most people heard of her. :thumbsup:

this time I'm not preordering, I'll just wait till it hit stores around here

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2006, 09:37:54 pm »

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2006, 11:15:44 pm »
Yeah it's called El Madmo. She's also in a group doing shows around NYC called the Sloppy Joannes. She's really busy with bands.

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2006, 09:11:43 am »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Yeah it's called El Madmo. She's also in a group doing shows around NYC called the Sloppy Joannes. She's really busy with bands.

yeah, I saw their myspace. I was just kinda..shocked, not for her trying different things musically, but for the whole theatrical fake punk look  with wig, make-up and puink clothing lol. Very weird. Although I did like her as a blonde.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2006, 02:56:22 pm »
January 30, 2007! I already have it on pre-order. Thinking About You is awesome. I also can't wait to see My Blueberry Nights. Norah, Rachel Weisz, AND Natalie Portman mmmmmm mmmmmmm!

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2006, 12:50:25 am »
I just saw her new music video for her new single Thinking About You on Yahoo Music and captured it and uploaded it for those who might want it.

Here are the links:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2MP4IRJY
http://download.yousendit.com/F786ED216FFDCBF6

Promiscious-boy

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2006, 10:58:48 am »
I DIDN'T LIKE THE FACT THAT " FEELS LIKE HOME " IS SORT OF COMPLICATED.. COS I SPEND SO MUCH TIME TO PLAY IT ON MY CD PLAYER....

THE CD IS SORT OF ANTI-PIRACY AND IT MAKES THE PLAY SLOW...

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2006, 03:30:08 pm »
^it played just fine for me.

Thanx for the video, I'm downloading it :D

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2006, 02:12:57 am »
I think the new song is alright, but I did love the video with all the thoughts inside thoughts inside thoughts...really cute
thanx steve;)

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2007, 04:53:25 pm »
Rehearsals.com Debuts Exclusive Norah Jones Performance on January 5, 2007
Thursday January 4, 12:00 pm ET

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CenterStaging Corp. (CNSC.ob) - Rehearsals.com is proud to debut a live performance of "Until the End" by eight-time Grammy Award winner Norah Jones on January 5th. This exclusive live rendition of the song was captured in High-Definition video as Norah recorded the session in front of a small audience in rehearsals.com's Studio 11 in Burbank, CA. The footage is streaming exclusively on rehearsals.com, CenterStaging's online digital portal powered by MLB.com.
ADVERTISEMENT

The private performance was recorded in Hi-Def video, utilizing 10 robotically-controlled cameras and 48 microphones with up to 96 individual channels of audio.

"Norah Jones is a rare musical talent. We at rehearsals.com are thrilled to host such a magnificent performance on our site," states Tommy Nast, Executive Vice President, CenterStaging. "Norah's talent shines throughout."

Norah Jones joins an outstanding line-up of talent showcasing live footage on rehearsals.com and crossing all music genres. Featuring both established and "e-merging" talent, rehearsals.com currently includes exclusive footage of Tom Petty, The Panic Channel, Ozomatli, Taylor Hicks, Sick Puppies, James Taylor and Tremolo. rehearsals.com also features insightful interviews and private clinics with legendary sidemen and studio greats who have logged time with Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Stevie Wonder, Dr. Dre and Fiona Apple.

On January 30, 2007, Norah will release her third and most personal album yet, Not Too Late, a collection of 13 original songs, all of which were either written or co-written by Norah herself. Featuring the sweet and soulful lead single "Thinking About You," the album was produced by Norah's longtime songwriting partner and bassist Lee Alexander in their home studio and spotlights some familiar faces from Norah's band including guitarist Adam Levy, vocalist Daru Oda and drummer Andy Borger. Special guests include vocalists M. Ward and Richard Julian, guitarists Jesse Harris, Tony Scherr, Kevin Breit and Robbie McIntosh, organist Larry Goldings, saxophonist Bill McHenry, cellist Julia Kent and cellist Jeffrey Zeigler of the Kronos Quartet.

To catch the exclusive performance of "Until The End", log on to www.rehearsals.com starting January 5th.

I can't wait to see it. I tried to get tickets to this taping but wasn't selected.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Norah Jones
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2007, 08:45:23 pm »
you can hear her whole album at vh1.com. Here's the link: http://www.vh1.com/music/hear_music_first