Author Topic: 'I Need Advice'- the Return!  (Read 6174 times)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
'I Need Advice'- the Return!
« on: June 25, 2003, 07:25:57 am »
Right, well i figured Holly's thread worked so fantastically well last time that i'd start another one because i need your help!

The Problem: This guy Adam asked me to the Leavers' Ball (alright alright, prom!) way back in October and ever since then its been a road of crap and greatness and now the Ball is on friday. I am SO nervous its quite unbelieveable!!He spoke to my best friend and told her he really really liked me and i think he would be a bit of an idiot not to notice my undying love- lmao.

This has been building up for so long that i don't know whether i have just made up in my head the scenario that 'something is going to happen'. And what if he doesn't make a move?Please HELP!- confusion is majorly striking!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 07:27:44 am »
Hmmmm

okay

Go have fun, if he doesn't make a move, you do that!
:)

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Re: 'I Need Advice'- the Return!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 07:29:03 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

The Problem: This guy Adam asked me to the Leavers' Ball (alright alright, prom!) way back in October and ever since then its been a road of crap and greatness and now the Ball is on friday. I am SO nervous its quite unbelieveable!!He spoke to my best friend and told her he really really liked me and i think he would be a bit of an idiot not to notice my undying love- lmao.

This has been building up for so long that i don't know whether i have just made up in my head the scenario that 'something is going to happen'. And what if he doesn't make a move?Please HELP!- confusion is majorly striking!

Come on Rosie! This is an easy one.  You make a move on him.

You're a cute girl, hes said hes interested in you.  If he hasn't figured out you are interested in him by now then he probabaly won't.  So you need to directly let him know.

Simple as that.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Dj SG

• Make me high on lullabies
    • ICQ Messenger - 178704000
    • MSN Messenger - djsg15@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 07:31:45 am »
Quote from: "Simone Sarah"
Hmmmm

okay

Go have fun, if he doesn't make a move, you do that!
:)

yeah. agrees with Si.

wait for his reaction. if he shows signs of liking you, and doesnt make the move first, then you make the first move.         GOOD LUCK :wink:
Carpe'Diem

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 07:33:44 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

Come on Rosie! This is an easy one.  You make a move on him.

You're a cute girl, hes said hes interested in you.  If he hasn't figured out you are interested in him by now then he probabaly won't.  So you need to directly let him know.

Simple as that.
---Andrew

Its just i'm so not used to this kind of thing, u know? I am not the kinda girl to make the first move and argh!

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 07:35:51 am »
At the end of the evening, if he hasn' done anything yet
(maybe he's as shy as you...)
just grab the collar of his jacket and give him a KISS

lol

that will do the trick

Like other people in this thread said, you're a cute girl, he obviously likes you
It's up to the least shy person to make that first move!!!

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Dj SG

• Make me high on lullabies
    • ICQ Messenger - 178704000
    • MSN Messenger - djsg15@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 07:41:26 am »
I read in some kinda magazine that girls are most likely to make the first move.coz boys are just too shy.(boys like me) lol
Carpe'Diem

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2003, 07:47:06 am »
Its just i'm so not used to this kind of thing, u know? I am not the kinda girl to make the first move and argh!

Right.  But see, not being used to something is not an excuse to not do it.

Otherwise, you'd never try anything new.  Sometimes you just have to suck it up and give it a try.

Really, it's easy for a girl to make a move on a guy, cause a guy wont hold it against her if its kinda awkward or she stumbles or something like that.  He's gonna think it's cute.

The way i see it, you have two choices; you wait for him to make a move which may not happen and you may end up missing out, OR you make a move on him.

Which option is less apeaing to you? Not getting the boy or making a move on him?
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2003, 08:12:44 am »
haha go for it Rosie!!!!

*cheers*
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2003, 08:17:06 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

The way i see it, you have two choices; you wait for him to make a move which may not happen and you may end up missing out, OR you make a move on him.

Which option is less apeaing to you? Not getting the boy or making a move on him?
---Andrew

I know which one would be best, i really do but SO many girls like him (7! 7 bloody girls!!!) and i don't want to be another one of those girls forcing themselves onto him, u see? And in a way he's hurt me so much too, he's always telling me about all of these girls who like him and that really hurts. I'm just so confused, sometimes i think that maybe its just too exhausting to try anymore- but i still like him and i just wish i could stop.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2003, 09:57:13 am »
I know which one would be best, i really do but SO many girls like him (7! 7 bloody girls!!!) and i don't want to be another one of those girls forcing themselves onto him, u see? And in a way he's hurt me so much too, he's always telling me about all of these girls who like him and that really hurts. I'm just so confused, sometimes i think that maybe its just too exhausting to try anymore- but i still like him and i just wish i could stop.

Still not a problem babe.  Check this, he's telling you about all these other girls because;

A) He wants you to be impressed... guys think that if you make it known that all these women want him he will be more attractive to you.

B) he wants to make you jealous and competative

C)  He is trying to motivate you by showing you that you have to hurry if you want him

Don't worry about being just 'another one of those girls' because hes said he likes you and you are going to a dance with him!  So don't worry about it!  You are SO money and you don't even know it (/swingersquote).

Besides, even if, on an off chance, he shoots you down, who cares?  What have you lost?  Everyone gets rejected a few times in their lives... might as well get comfortable with it while you're young.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 03:16:25 am »
Rosie. Just relax, be yourself and go with whatever feels right and I'm sure you'll be fine. I think everyone here is agreed that he wouldn't say no to a kiss so if the moment feels right and you find the courage then go for it. If you don't, then it's no biggie and it's not like it's the last time you'll see him right? Don't feel under pressure to do anything you don't want to .. you're supposed to go out and enjoy youself after all ; )

*hugs*

I'm sure you'll be fine =)

-- Matt xx

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2003, 04:01:00 am »
I agree with every word Andrew has typed. :)

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2003, 04:24:41 am »
A lot of good advice above.

You're funny and pretty, there's probably at least "7! 7 bloody blokes!!!" who like you too, but just haven't say anything because blokes are less open with their feelings or their "out of my league" alerts are sounding. Just be yourself and (like Matt said) if it feels right and you can gather the courage, just go for it. Even if you can't, don't feel bad you'll just have to try again another day. Given that he's already said he really really likes you, I seriously doubt that he'd shoot you down.

Enjoy it :)

-Kev

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2003, 05:53:02 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Even if you can't, don't feel bad you'll just have to try again another day. Given that he's already said he really really likes you, I seriously doubt that he'd shoot you down.

I have to disagree STRONGLY with this last notion that Kev and Matt are throwing out there.

To say it's OK to essentially wimp out because you'll have another chance is called "enabling".  You give yourself an excuse to back out of something.  And if you keep giving yourself excuses, then you'll never actually accomplish anything that you're scared of.

Never give yourself an excuse to back out of something.  Put yourself in a position where you HAVE to do it regardless of how scared or nervous you are.  It's the only good way to motivate yourself sometimes.

Think about it for a minute and realize all the times you have kept an excuse handy so that you didn't have to do something you didn't want to do....
---Andrew

---Andrew