Author Topic: I miss political threads . . .  (Read 12240 times)

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
I miss political threads . . .
« on: July 02, 2003, 05:58:31 pm »
That's why we're having one, now. Talk about anything you want. Political parties, stupid laws, stupid Presidents currently in the office, Legally Blonde 2 : Red, White, and Blonde, etc.

Just stay out of any ''riff-raff.'' ;)

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 06:33:54 pm »
Where have you been? there have been 2 pretty good ones in the last week or so... :)  And of course you can aways click below my sig...   i'm sure you would just LOVE my LiveJournal... LOL
-- Jason

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 06:37:19 pm »
not really political but did ya know that canada is legalizing pot? Good to know huh? And Massachusetts is debating whether to also. What a cool world we live in.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 06:48:36 pm »
Actually that's a very political topic...  and they're not really "legalizing" it.  They're removing and lessening the punishments for small amounts.  It's an excellent move in my opinion.  

Decriminalizing drugs... and stopping our waste of money on the useless drug war we have been waging for years woudl be so beneficial to everyone.  Why do we have so much drug violence, and other drug related crime?  Because drugs have been drived into the dark, shady alleys and backstreets... their "illegality" has forced their prices sky high and made them profitable... you get rid of theat and it becomes like any other business...  supply and demand... regulated... and just like Alcohol and cigarettes... what you do under the influence, you pay for.. you drink and drive you're busted... you get high and drive, same thing...

ahh.. so more to say, but today has been a bad day for me.. and i have to head home from work now...

This is a big issue for my political party... feel free to check out http://www.lp.org
-- Jason

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 07:14:02 pm »
Ya...there was this one woman on the chronical that had this like head problem and around her time of the month she would get these harsh pains in her head and the only way they would go away was if she smoked a joint. She got these pills from her doctor who had pot in them but they didn't work as well as a real joint. The pills costed her like 1000 dollars a month and now she is fighting i think so she can just grow her own pot.

poor lady.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

VanessaLover03

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GodMustHateMe003
    • View Profile
    • Email
hmmm
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 09:37:16 pm »
i like how the county's goin....
A Very Proud NESSAholic and NESSAjedi PadVan,
Alex

NESSAholics forever!!!!

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 05:47:52 am »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
not really political but did ya know that canada is legalizing pot? Good to know huh? And Massachusetts is debating whether to also. What a cool world we live in.

Canada SHOULD legalize it! But they didn't.  Booo.

As for MA, they CAN'T.  There are FEDERAL drug laws, which basically say that even if MA legalizes it that the US gov't can come in and bust people.

And they HAVE done this already in CA.  Where medial marijuana is legal under state law, but Federal law still has jurisdiction in MANY situations (anything involving interstate commerce) and they use this to come in and confiscate crops etc.  BAd stuff.  States Rights!!!
----Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

LimeTwister

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2003, 05:57:02 am »
*doesn't like political threads with Jason or Andrew*

they write really long posts....lol, but they always (well usually) have really good points.

*learns a lot when I am not lazy*

But here is my opinions, I don't like the president, he scares me, his wife looks nice...but he in the words of my favorite and yours Wanda Sykes "laughs like a villan"  8O .

*stops mumbling.*

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 06:22:41 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
But here is my opinions, I don't like the president, he scares me, his wife looks nice...but he in the words of my favorite and yours Wanda Sykes "laughs like a villan"  8O .

LOL.

forget his wife! Check out his DAUGHTERS.  Yummy.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

PIBby

• MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2003, 07:46:54 am »
I have a terrible laugh. But I have a big sense of humor, so that doesn't work, now, does it?

You think George has good looking kids? Look at President Kennedy's! John-John = Yummy >: )

Poor thing. :'(

I'm, now, depressed. *sighs*

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2003, 07:49:34 am »
i'm beginning to think that its sad that i will jump into any conversation about pot  :?
Starbuck is mai waifu

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2003, 09:26:20 am »
The Federal goverment can not pass drug laws. It's not a power delagated to them under article 1, section 8 of the Constitution.

The power belongs to the state, since it isn't delagated to the Federal government.

Why the heck do you think it took a constitutional amendment to ban alcohol? The lawmakers knew they couldn't do it any other way.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

LimeTwister

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2003, 09:33:34 am »
Am I wrong, or can the Federal Government over rule State Government?

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2003, 10:06:54 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Am I wrong, or can the Federal Government over rule State Government?

In a way, yes. Where there is a Federal law that is stricter than a state law, the Federal law takes precidence.

However, I am arguing that the Federal government cannot pass a law on this matter. In fact, there is quite a bit that they pass these days that is contrary to the Constitution. In article 1, section 8 of the Constitution, the things that Congress can do are listed. In the Bill of Rights, it says that all powers not delagated to the Federal goverment belong to the States.

Drug regulation isn't in there. Hence, the states are the only ones with a say here. The Federal drug laws are illegal without a Constitutional amendment, which has to be approved by the states anyway.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2003, 11:22:19 am »
Quote from: "m125 Boy"
However, I am arguing that the Federal government cannot pass a law on this matter. In fact, there is quite a bit that they pass these days that is contrary to the Constitution. In article 1, section 8 of the Constitution, the things that Congress can do are listed. In the Bill of Rights, it says that all powers not delagated to the Federal goverment belong to the States.

Eh.  yes and no.  technically, you are right.  BUT, the fed regulates drugs based on the interstate commerce restriction... which IS dellegated to the fed in the constitution.

The way they argue it is that the drugs are manufactured/grown/processed with chemicals/tools/materials purchased from across state lines.  The drugs are usually sold across state lines, the growth and sales of those drugs could affect purchases made in other states.  The consumption of those drugs could endanger comerce in other states due to crime.  Etc etc etc.

Is this complete BS?  Absolutly.  Does the Fed do it and get away with it?  ALL day.

It's kinda like how according to KY state law you can have sex with a consenting 14 year old.... but since federal law is 18 if you did anything involving interstate commerce the Fed can bust you, even if she was over 14.

There are lots of jokes to be made insulting Will....  but i'm in a good mood since its almost time to start my 3 day weekend!
---Anrew

---Andrew