Author Topic: Milky  (Read 3625 times)

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Milky
« on: July 14, 2003, 09:08:43 am »
Anyone heard of them yet? They have a single that is getting played on a Dallas electronic dance station almost every hour. It's called "Love the Way You Are" It has a lil' ditty of a chorus where she just sings..."doo doo doo dada doo doot doo" it's great!!! It almost reminds me of that old Suzanne Vega song dut dut duda dut dut dut dut,  dut da dudu dut du duda....

Anyway the Milky single kicks booty!!!!!!!! 8)
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Milky
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 09:50:08 am »
Yeah, that was played to death on radio over here about a year ago or more. It was pretty popular. When I first heard it I thought it was okay. Then I grew to hate it, lol

-Kev

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Milky
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 11:15:59 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Yeah, that was played to death on radio over here about a year ago or more. It was pretty popular. When I first heard it I thought it was okay. Then I grew to hate it, lol

-Kev

So true, and they couldn't stop milking (like what i did there!?) the fact that she was an egyptian belly dancer or something. I do love that song, it reminds me of Big Brother 3 but it was overplayed so much- just like everything else on the radio here.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Alecs

• View Profile
that's soooooooo weird that it has already been overplayed!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 01:47:20 pm »
that song is barely known in the states! How odd!!!! Anyway thanks Kev, and Rosie(cutie pie Posie, that I'm sending kisses to over seas!!!!) for responding to my Milky post!!! :wink:

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Milky
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 02:37:27 pm »
Dance music never really broke big into the states did it? It's pretty huge in europe. In fact, I'm having trouble thinking of one American dance artist. ATB? Or is he German? I forget.

I used to really like some of it until (like most genres) it was made over as cheesy marketable pop and I got too lazy to follow the real stuff underground.

-Kev

Alecs

• View Profile
there is tons of electronic stuff but...
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 09:15:06 am »
It does seem like the biggest dj's are from other countries as far as guys like Sasha, Digweed, Paul Van Dyke, etc...

We have Crystal Method and Moby over here but it all gets played at clubs. The deal is that raves were outlawed in Texas so now everyone has parties in warehouses and stuff. Which they kinda suck compared to the old days when we would drive outside of the city of Dallas and pull into a field with a huge circus tent. Everyone was dancing and raving until the sun came up. It just felt great outside!
Now it's all these smokey darkroom parties...

Gently realistic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Milky
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 09:27:10 am »
I think (could be a weird reissue or something, but anyway) that singer is Dutch.... You kow the story: model looks good in video, director is most likely a better singer. But.....  she has the WORST, absolutely dreadful, extremely Dutch accent! It's too funny :)

DMccanless

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - drmcc6685
    • View Profile
    • Email
Milky
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 10:43:53 am »
i like that song alot...its got a good beat...

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Milky
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 01:55:31 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"
. In fact, I'm having trouble thinking of one American dance artist.
-Kev

Rapture (by IOB or smth like that?) was from NYC. it goes (pleaase my love i want you so...dum dum dum, lol u know the one)
"I'm all about the wordplay."