Author Topic: "I cannot take this anymore!"  (Read 5907 times)

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
"I cannot take this anymore!"
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 05:51:36 am »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
for me, the words "prep" and "goth" dont exist...
people are people, dammit!
dont group them! we're not starting different species!
let people be who they want to be, and leave them the hell alone, and the world will be 100% better. :twisted:

haha! To me people who name goths goth, are preps....haha!

Quote from: "Gently realistic"
About your clothing thing: know what you mean. People generally don't stare over here, but secretly they do look and stuff... Just wear whatever feels good: it's what I do. And please, don't ever fit in.

:)

Oh I won't and don't fit in....

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

LimeTwister

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2003, 06:02:39 am »
i got goth/punk friends...and they dress up like it just to get stared at...well actually they also like dressing that way too..

i haven't got a clue how i dress though...

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2003, 06:05:05 am »
well......hrmmmmm

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 07:12:33 am »
A message to ALL people (not just you, Daniel)

If you dress/look/act/speak/walk different than the majority of ANY population then you can and SHOULD expect to get looked at funny, stared at or made fun of.  If you don't like it, then STOP BEING DIFFERENTLY.  Otherwise, I suggest you STFU cause no one wants to hear it.

You have the right to do whatever you want, but you don't have the right to expect me NOT to respond to things I find unusual.

The arrogance of people who choose to do things that would classify them as "weird" but then get angry when people respond to them like they are "weird" just AMAZES me.

Let me make something clear... this applies to EVERYONE.  So if I went to India where everyone is gonna dress, look and talk different than me, I am NOT GONNA GET UPSET if people STARE or look at me funny!  It's part of being DIFFERENT!  DEAL WITH IT.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2003, 07:22:45 am »
Well Andrew....it is more of a respect issue.

If there was a hobo walking down the street dressed in rags, would you stare at him and make comments about his clothes?

You don't know wha people say, who says that "preppy" is the only way to look right, I think all "gothic" people should look at "preps" weird because they are different! But the majority doesn't there is more respect shown.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 07:40:03 am »
Quote from: "danielmarko"
Well Andrew....it is more of a respect issue.

If there was a hobo walking down the street dressed in rags, would you stare at him and make comments about his clothes?

You don't know wha people say, who says that "preppy" is the only way to look right, I think all "gothic" people should look at "preps" weird because they are different! But the majority doesn't there is more respect shown.

If a prepp shows up at a Marilyn Manson show, then he deserves to get looks and maybe even comments and snickers.

And if you deny that this happens, then you are out of your MIND.  I go to quite a few local, indy and hardcore shows and I always get weird looks because I'm NOT wearing black, or a ratty t-shirt and jeans, cause I dont have many piercings, and i'm not wearing nail polish or eyeliner.  I look very normal.

But do I whine about it?  No.  Cause if I minded, i'd change my appearance to look more like them.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2003, 07:47:08 am »
Well that is the same as a "gothic person" shopping abercrombie.....It doesn't happen....And it is out of place, for a "goth" to shop there....

But if your in fuckin wal*mart or the mall, you should accept anyone, do you stare at the people who are from another race? Well you shouldn't it's not only rude, but it's racial....And many people are in a sense racial towards "gothic people."

1vcfan

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amb0431
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cocoa_covered_nut
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2003, 10:43:00 am »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
for me, the words "prep" and "goth" dont exist...
people are people, dammit!
dont group them! we're not starting different species!
let people be who they want to be, and leave them the hell alone, and the world will be 100% better. :twisted:

Amen to that!

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2003, 11:02:42 am »
Quote from: "danielmarko"
Well that is the same as a "gothic person" shopping abercrombie.....It doesn't happen....And it is out of place, for a "goth" to shop there....

But if your in fuckin wal*mart or the mall, you should accept anyone, do you stare at the people who are from another race? Well you shouldn't it's not only rude, but it's racial....And many people are in a sense racial towards "gothic people."

First off, I think you mean "racist".  Because RACIAL means pertaining to race, and really doesn't make sense there.  And you can't be racist against Goth's because they aren't a race.  I think you mean prejudiced.  But I get the idea of what you are trying to say.  I'm just polishing it  :wink:

To the point at hand, for me it's not about accepting someone.  If someone dressed like a freak (lets say some trekie dressed up like spoc) comes up to me and asks me a question or tries to make small talk, I'm not gonna walk away or laugh at him or her for it.  I accept ANYONE no matter how weird they look.  But I'm still gonna gawk a bit. I might stare.  Or comment to my buddy when the guy walks away.

BUT, some people aren't that accepting.  And you open yourself up for this when you dress/act strange.

If your complaint is that people are MEAN to you for how you dress... well, thats legitimate.  People shouldn't do that.  If your complaint is that people STARE at you, then you're just being whiney.

Hmmm... so in a way I am backing off from my stance.  It's like this, if you dress strange you should expect people to NOTICE it.  But when people behave differently towards you as a result, that is prejudice and it is WRONG and people should be better than that.  But at the same time, you open yourself up to prejudice by choosing to be different, so you bring it on yourself.

So you bring the worst of people out by being different.  Interesting concept.  I'm kinda going stream of consciousness here....  I need to think about this idea for a while.......  kinda the same question as the whole "is it HER fault she was raped cause she dressed like a whore" debate.

As for the race question, for me, it depends.  For example, if i see a fundamentalist Jew wearing the full beard and curly wig and all, I'm gonna gawk a little.  Same if I see an Ahrab woman in the full muslim head gear.  I'm gonna gawk.  It's unusual, you don't see it every day.  I always look at anything I find weird.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2003, 11:08:08 am »
I see where your coming from.