Author Topic: Evanescence  (Read 217086 times)

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #300 on: June 08, 2003, 04:12:42 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"
Unfortunatley, this now puts them in the "too popular to be good" category and I have to stop liking them :( haha. ;)

With BMTL I know what you mean, but with Going Under starting to hit the airwaves, its all good.

(300th post!)

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #301 on: June 09, 2003, 11:32:23 am »
Don't know if anyone has posted about this already. I just read Ev are going to be playing in this music festival in Barcelona June 21st instead of Linkin Park (their lead singer is sick so they can't come). The event is called Doctor Music Festival. Here's the link to where I found the info, for those of you who understand Spanish:

Ev News ;)

Oh and they're up from #5 to #3 this week!! Me thinks they're gonna make it to #1 again soon  :wink:  *fingers crossed*

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Man they were so rad on fuse accoustic yesterday
« Reply #302 on: June 09, 2003, 12:38:58 pm »
Her voice was flawless. That girl can sing fo' real!!! 8O
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

rroo

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton.info
Evanescence
« Reply #303 on: June 09, 2003, 01:08:31 pm »
I just saw them performing at Pinkpop (festival in The Netherlands) in front of 50.000 people! They replaced Linkin Park. Here are some pics:

Review of their performance for those of you who speak dutch (also taken from the festival site):

De Amerikaanse band slingert veel gitaargeweld het veld in, maar de meeste subtiele accenten van de cd ontbreken of zijn niet te horen, zodat het vijftal live lelijk door de mand valt.
CONCERT:
Evanescence, maandag 9 juni, Zuid-podium

MUZIEK:
Metal met invloeden uit diverse richtingen binnen het genre. We horen (vooral op de recente cd, live valt er het nodige weg) bijvoorbeeld een vleugje gothic en een vleugje nu metal. Ook klassieke invloeden zijn aanwezig.

PLUS:
Het beukt allemaal lekker door, maar veel meer pluspunten zijn nauwelijks aan te voeren.

MIN:
De subtiele accenten die het album zo bijzonder maken, zijn live nauwelijks te horen. Nu had de band weliswaar in diverse interviews al gemeld dat de sound live een stuk harder is - en dat is op zich okee - maar dan moet je niet allerlei wezenlijke onderdelen op het podium laten ondersneeuwen. Daar komt nog bij dat zangeres Amy Lee eigenlijk alleen goed te horen is tijdens de rustige stukken, want als de twee gitaristen gaan beuken, valt haar stem veel te ver weg. Door bovengenoemde missers lijken de songs vrij eenvormig en inwisselbaar. Kortom, de groep presenteert live weinig spannende metal. Het publiek raakt dan ook niet echt in vervoering en daar kunnen de vele complimenten die Amy Lee (te vaak) het veld inslingert weing aan veranderen. Menigeen veert eigenlijk alleen op bij het hitje Bring Me To Life.

CONCLUSIE:
Evanescence leek vooraf een van de weinige aardige verrassingen op Pinkpop 2003 - de groep viel in voor Linkin Park - maar valt live lelijk door de mand.

CIJFER:

This might help the English peeps-Vulture
Quote from: "freetranslation"
The American tie not swings many guitar violence the field in, but the most subtle accents of the cd be missing or be, to hear, so that the five live ugly through the basket falls.  CONCERT: Evanescence, Monday 9 June, South-stage

MUSIC: Metal with influences from various richtingen within the genre.  We hear (especially on the recent cd, live falls it the necessary way) for instance a touch gothic and a touch now metal.  Also classic influences are present.  

PLUS: It beats all well through, but many more pluspunten scarcely on be to be led.  

LOVE: De subtle accents that the album so particularly make, be live scarcely to hear.  Now that had the tie indeed in various interviews all gemeld that the sound live a piece is more fast - and that is on self okee - only then must you not jumble essential parts on the stage let ondersneeuwen.  In addition singer Amy Borrow actual alone good to to hear is during the calm pieces, for as the two gitaristen be to beat, falls her voice much too far away.  Through above-mentioned missers appear the songs court uniform and inwisselbaar.  In short, the group presents live little exciting metal.  The public hits then also not real in ecstasy and at that can the many compliments that Amy Borrow (too often) the field inslingert weing change.  Many a person be springy actual alone on by the hitje Bring Me To Life.  

CONCLUSION: Evanescence appeared beforehand an of the little nice surprises on Pinkpop 2003 - the group fell in for Linkin Park - only falls live ugly through the basket.  

FIGURE:

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #304 on: June 10, 2003, 11:21:41 pm »
Countdown to the June 13th concert:
2 days, 17 hrs., 53 min., 13 sec.
But since I'm leaving on the roadtrip tomorrow evening, I wont be around to see the final countdown. lol
I'm so excited, its insane!

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2003, 11:36:07 pm »
That rocks man! Have a killer time!

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

drumpad

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2003, 11:11:49 am »
i'm seeing them reallllll soon, like sometime in late june. i haven't really heard to much of they're music, but the stuff i heard was really good
 ---"poot slap, poot slap, dawg with that thump"

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Evanescence
« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2003, 11:17:54 am »

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2003, 07:51:23 pm »
W00T!

"Bring Me To Life" hit #1 on the CHR/Pop radio and records nationwide airplay list this week with 8154 plays, 618 plays ahead of the #2, Kelly Clarkson "Miss Independent"  :D

Also, "Going Under" made its chart debut at #47 on the Alternative chart with 422 plays.

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2003, 11:59:25 pm »
agh!  I saw Ev tonight in Denver!  *dies*
Set list:
Going Under
Haunted
Taking Over Me
Everybody's Fool
My Last Breath
Farther Away
Even in Death
Zero
Bring Me to Life
Tourniquet
Imaginary
*encore*
My Immortal
Whisper

it was great, but i must sleep.. I will post more later.  13 songs in about an hour, pretty damn impressive!

g'nite!
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

mavas

Evanescence
« Reply #310 on: June 14, 2003, 07:36:35 am »
Hey everybody,
I saw EV on Dutch tv last monday at Pinkpop 2003.
It's a big event in Holland, with a lot of good bands.

I have recorded a part of the show from Ev here is the tracklist.
1 ?
2 My Last Breath
3 Bring me to life
4 Tourniquet
5 Imaginary
6 Whisper
7 Even in Death

I have the songs in mp3, shn, or audio cd. So maybe anybody wants it to share with the others if you like, to put it on a server or something.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #311 on: June 14, 2003, 02:19:08 pm »
That would be cool. Maybe one of the broadbanders would be able to do it  :wink:. I am assuming just on account of what they usually play that the first track is probably "Going Under", which is what they open almost every show with.

-Brian

mavas

Evanescence
« Reply #312 on: June 15, 2003, 04:27:26 am »
BlackVulture, where are you? :P

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #313 on: June 15, 2003, 01:47:12 pm »
He will be back tonight, just send him a PM about the show and I'm sure he'll answer you back  :)

-Brian

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #314 on: June 15, 2003, 10:11:17 pm »
Quote from: "mavas"
BlackVulture, where are you? :P

I just got home an hour ago from my trip to Cali where I was supposed to see Ev, but that show and all till further notice are canceled due to Ben getting a respetory infection while in Europe.  :(

I'll hollar at you later with some FTP info for the MP3s.