Author Topic: I gotta kick out of this.  (Read 16269 times)

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
I gotta kick out of this.
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2003, 03:54:52 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
It also reduces sexual desire and can cause erectile disfunction.

Reminds me of a stoner friend. As long as I can remember, he's been trying to get laid. So, anywho... he has his once in a lifetime chance (he's not all that popular with the ladies). However, he was so stoned that he couldn't uhh...... get endowed. :razz:

Lesson to be learned: Lay off the weed if you want to get laid.  :wink:
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2003, 06:40:46 pm »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
its not something i do often, But during college i did and i found it helped me do exceptional on exams as well as gave me focus when i was studying.....and i dont really want to say anything about the erectile blah blah blah but i never had any issues i am certain of that.  Also considering the coordination factor, ive found that being high actually makes me better at video games by a noticeable margin....i havent really tested it while driving a real car though  :wink:

There is a simple explanation for all of your claims.  Weed does cause you to relax AT FIRST and in small doses.  Some people are naturally tense and will perform better at MANY things when they are relaxed.  So all this tells me is that you have a hard time relaxing naturally.  ADD?

That, and the fact that you were HIGH when doing these things, which makes you a BAD judge of if you are doing them better.  It's like those people who say "i'm a better driver when I'm drunk".  No.  You're not.   You just think you're better because you're DRUNK.

Did you also know that with regular use,  weed actually CAUSES hypertension?  People think that pot heads are all mellow, but in fact pot heads have significantly more tension and panic attack issues than normal people.  I've seen this more than half a dozen times in people I know.  One of them actually developed AGORAPHOBIA because she became so scared of her panic attacks she became scared of leaving the house.

In fact, all of the serious side effects of marijuana usage require regular use.  It's a lot like alcohol in that way.  Occasional, safe self-regulated use isn't a problem.  It's ABUSE that really messes you up good.  Unlike alcohol, though, Weed can't kill you on its own.

so all in all based on actual experience rather than "scientific facts" *coughcoughtheliescough* the only thing i have noticed to be true is some people are just naturally stupid and will usually become more stupid while high, i also knew a man who smoked so much he had breast milk.....uh yeah, pretty weird but it did happen

Pete, you can deny the medical facts all you want, but that doesn't change them.  Are you one of those people who is also convinced that eX is safe and fun?  Or that Red Bull and Vodka is harmless?  Do you honestly believe that you are smarter than 200-300 doctors who daily treat drug addicts?  Or do you think they are lying to us?

Do some research on the shit you put in your body.  Then, if knowing the consequences, you choose to do it anyways, more power to you!  I fully support that decision.... just don't lie to yourself about what's really happening.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2003, 06:44:38 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
wouldn't you have to smoke a lot of weed for all this?

YES!  in fact, you have to smoke it around once a day for an extended period before you really start noticing a problem.  But to be honest, people I know either smoke week daily or they don't smoke it at all.  There are few in betweeners.
---ANdrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Lucy-san

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2003, 08:42:26 pm »
oops...i smoke too much...my boobs will get bigger...its all good.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2003, 09:06:50 pm »
At first in small doses? im talking about when i was in college, i started when i was about 12, so thats not true in my case.  As for being unable to judge things, thats injust, i would win more, at arcades, with friends at home,  i would beat previous records in driving games, etc.  Really your proof is some study, my proof is personal experience.  I was never a very tense or nervous person at any point. I dont do the things i did back then now, so im cool with whatever long term effects are..The comparison to alcohol is absolutely ridiculous though, You gimme a holler next time you hear about a ravagin pothead husband who beats his wife....alcohol is a voilent addicitve substance, marijuana is not, and studies do prove that

I hate X and i never drink hard liqour, im not an idiot, thats more of a harsh overstatement on your behalf, making insigifigant claims as to my beliefs on substances....i dont believe any illegal substances are "good for you" or "safe" by any means, however i will say that i believe marijuana is safer than alcohol, and probably better than cigarettes being non addictive.  Although the smoke does more damage due to volume of smoke taken in and held in, its not like people smoke 20 joints a day, average cigarette smoker smokes about a pack a day....Ive done the research, I know what ive put in my body, if youd like to contest me about my condition im down for a footrace any day  :wink:
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2003, 09:10:26 am »
At first in small doses? im talking about when i was in college, i started when i was about 12, so thats not true in my case.  As for being unable to judge things, thats injust, i would win more, at arcades, with friends at home,  i would beat previous records in driving games, etc.  Really your proof is some study, my proof is personal experience.  I was never a very tense or nervous person at any point. I dont do the things i did back then now, so im cool with whatever long term effects are..The comparison to alcohol is absolutely ridiculous though, You gimme a holler next time you hear about a ravagin pothead husband who beats his wife....alcohol is a voilent addicitve substance, marijuana is not, and studies do prove that

You know Pete, sometimes you make intelligent well thought out statements... and sometimes I dont think you even bother to READ the things I post before you respond to them.

You will notice that I make it VERY clear SEVERAL times in my posts that I feel Alcohol is a significantly more dangerous substance.   So I don't know why you would attack on that front.

Pot clearly doesn't cause violence.  The suggestion that alcohol is addictive is no more based in reality than claims that pot is addictive.  Frankly, EVERYTHING is addictive to a person with an addictive personality.  All things you enjoy produce endorphins (sex, chocolate, excitement etc.) and endorphins are one of the major causes of addiction.

Marijuana does not cause violent reactions in people.  agreed.  But your "personal experiences" are complete BS Pete.  A person is incapable of judging the effects mind altering substances have on themselves.  It's logically impossible.  if you are taking something that alters your perceptions then you obviously cannot correct percieve your actions.  Arguing against science by saying "well, thats not what happened to ME!" is about as immature and assanine as it gets.  The rules of biology don't alter themselves for one person.

I hate X and i never drink hard liqour, im not an idiot, thats more of a harsh overstatement on your behalf, making insigifigant claims as to my beliefs on substances....i dont believe any illegal substances are "good for you" or "safe" by any means, however i will say that i believe marijuana is safer than alcohol, and probably better than cigarettes being non addictive.

First off, i never said you take X or that your drink hard liquor.  I never made ANY claims about you.  I just asked if you were that kind of person.  A simple NO would have sufficed.  Assuming that me asking you a question is the same as an accusation is typically a good example of bad reading comprehension skills.  How are your reading comprehension skills Pete?

Weed IS addictive.  Read above.  Depending on the person, cigarettes can be more or less addictive than weed.  On average though, I agree.  Cigarettes are as bad if not worse than weed.  I agree about alcohol too.  But just because it's not as bad as other legal poisons doesn't make it good.

Although the smoke does more damage due to volume of smoke taken in and held in, its not like people smoke 20 joints a day, average cigarette smoker smokes about a pack a day....Ive done the research, I know what ive put in my body, if youd like to contest me about my condition im down for a footrace any day  :wink:

I agree with the above.  As for the footrace, I can't run.  I'm a swimmer.  Swimmers don't run.  We're built all wrong for it.  To much in the shoulders and arms and not enough in the legs.  Anything past half a mile and i'm dead ;)
---Andrew

---Andrew

Layla

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2003, 09:37:48 am »
Quote from: "PIBby"
Oh my God! You say "ain't" with your little British accent? That's the coolest thing I've heard all day! Lol!

:| i only say it when i'm bein stoopid but i type it all the time! i make fun of people and end up sayin it myself :?

I feel like a shadow
Walking behind who you think I am
Just like my shadow

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2003, 11:05:50 am »
Im not basing my judgement on "how i feel at the time", although being high doesnt have very much affect after a few years, in fact i dont think you would be able to tell if i was high or not.  However thats not really a valid point since you are too far away to relate any proof.  What im saying is by being better at video games i beat them or defeat my previous records while high, especially in racing games.  I can go back later when im 100% sober and the proof is there, i kicked the crap out of my best record, its not really something i can say, oh well maybe i just "thought" i beat my previous best record because i was high, no, the record is there,  to prove that i did it.

As for addictive personalities, i agree, but i also see it as a weakness which should be relatively blatant due to the fact that people get addicted to the strangest things.  However its not the endorphins that people are addicted to in cigarettes, or other hard drugs.  Its the drug itself, which actually replaces endorphins and/or other hormones in your body.  When you are off the drug and going through withdrawal, it is because your body cannot produce the hormones evenly any longer.  THC does not alter your hormone production in any way and when i decided to quit, i didnt even have to think about it, i just quit.

Otherwise i agree for the most part, i just think that the effects vary depending on time used, health, and initial skill or intelligence in the pertaining area.  Look it up in your studies, you are bound to see in many studies that the effects vary from test to test with marijuana due to individual physical and mental states.
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2003, 11:10:46 am »
*Wants to smoke weed with Pete and play wicked videogames

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2003, 11:27:10 am »
As for addictive personalities, i agree, but i also see it as a weakness which should be relatively blatant due to the fact that people get addicted to the strangest things.  However its not the endorphins that people are addicted to in cigarettes, or other hard drugs.  Its the drug itself, which actually replaces endorphins and/or other hormones in your body.  When you are off the drug and going through withdrawal, it is because your body cannot produce the hormones evenly any longer.  THC does not alter your hormone production in any way and when i decided to quit, i didnt even have to think about it, i just quit.

THC does cause your body to produce endorphines.  Your body starts to crave that release, and over time it takes more and more THC to cause that same level of release.  Which is why you don't feel it as much.  So yes, it's a different kind of addiction, but it is an addiction none-the-less.

Yes, I agree, it's a fault in people more than that drug.  But the drug still causes it....  just because you aren't an addictive person doesn't mean that other people aren't.  I smoked cigarettes for 2 years and then litteraly quit cold turkey.  But I know people who have had SERIOUS issues with quitting. It varies.  

However, your facts aren't quite right on cigarettes.  While there are CASE studies to show that tobacco is addictive, there is no chemical evidence that anything in tobacco replaces your bodies natural endorphine production the way harder drugs do.  So it's addiction level is more on par with weed than heroine.

And yes, I understand how things like crack are more addictive than Weed.  But it doesn't change the fact that weed is addictive to some people.  To some people it's as addictive as harder drugs.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2003, 11:38:21 am »
Quote from: "Simone Sarah"
*Wants to smoke weed with Pete and play wicked videogames

lol welll shhhh dont tell noelle, but me too  :wink:

And yeah andrew i can see that some people would definitely be addicted to things that arent chemically inbalancing or slightly imbalancing such as weed is.

And about nicotine not replacing anything your body triggers, its called acetylcholine.  Nicotine has also shown to increase a bodies production of dopamine, which gives feelings of pleasure.....When someone quits they lack acetylcholine which is known to make it difficult to concentrate, as well as make you irritable, also it effects breathing, blood flow, the list goes on for a bit.  Also when someone quits they may feel depressed due to a lower than normal dopamine level in their system.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2003, 01:33:52 pm »

And about nicotine not replacing anything your body triggers, its called acetylcholine.  Nicotine has also shown to increase a bodies production of dopamine, which gives feelings of pleasure.....When someone quits they lack acetylcholine which is known to make it difficult to concentrate, as well as make you irritable, also it effects breathing, blood flow, the list goes on for a bit.  Also when someone quits they may feel depressed due to a lower than normal dopamine level in their system.

I am familair with the dopamine affect.  Again, there are many things that do this.... but acetylcholine I am not familair with.  I will do some research and get back to you on that.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Lucy-san

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2003, 01:45:54 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Frankly, EVERYTHING is addictive to a person with an addictive personality.  All things you enjoy produce endorphins (sex, chocolate, excitement etc.) and endorphins are one of the major causes of addiction.

very true...I suppose I'm guilty of  being addicted to many things. But these are only psychological addictions. What people mean when they talk about the addictions surrounding substance abuse is physiological addiction (i.e. your body actually needs it and goes into withdrawl if you dont have it). If they classify something as addictive usually its not just things youd like to have because its really tempting. Thats why pot isnt considered addictive...but alcohol and other drugs are. and caffeine lol. Thats why I dont bother myself to worry about weed too much. You never become addicted to it so that its detrimental for you to stop doing it, except that you might feel a little longing for some. Its really not so serious when you consider that the addictive basis of coffee causes more bodily harm.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2003, 07:20:02 pm »
Just for the record.... weather or not weed is physically addictive is still up for debate.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2003, 10:25:07 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Quote from: "danielmarko"
That was good!

what is, the candy you snuck into the library?

no dip shit, the article... 8O

*eats candy*

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar