Author Topic: what i learned in physics today...  (Read 6089 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
what i learned in physics today...
« on: October 23, 2003, 08:18:51 pm »
lol, well atleast i thought it was interesting!

did you know that you cant have your heels up against a wall and bend down and touch your toes at the same time. unless you have really big feet or really big shoes or weights on your feet, lol. then you can

and you cant have your toes against the wall and stand on your tippy toes for more than 5 secs at the same time.

and if you take 2 foot steps backward away from a wall (while your're facing it) and lean over so the top of you're head touches the wall and try to pick up a medium sized, but not heavy, (like a box or a small chair) thing. girls can do this... but guys cant!

ok... these things might not be universally true, but they usually work. try it. it all has to do when your center of mass.

lol... i love physics. sorry, i'm a dork. i admit it. :)
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

badsrx7

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Re: what i learned in physics today...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 08:24:37 pm »
Quote from: "Holly"

Eck.. I don't!
I absolutely hate it.. but my teacher is really great.. soo I decided to stay but.. I still hate physics :X

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 08:31:22 pm »
Quote from: "badsrx7"

Eck.. I don't!
I absolutely hate it.. but my teacher is really great.. soo I decided to stay but.. I still hate physics :X

you know... i would too... but i love my teacher and i learn well from him. he is hilarious! lol, look at the stuff me makes us do! every day he's got like 5-10 demonstrations on every principle we do, so seeing things actually happen makes me learn better! lol, a couple weeks ago we had to use 7 peices of paper and a meter of tape to make a container to put an egg in so that it wouldnt break. my friend and i suceeded! yay! lol, only 1/4 of people did. and i have an A in the class which is hard to do... so i'm happy about that. i'm usually not too smart, so being in the very top of my class is a rareity.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 08:43:29 pm »
What I learned in history: The French offered to betray us after the Revolutionary War if England gave them the Rock of Gibraltar.
What I learned in English: Literature book editors love to leave the meat out of the stories they reproduce.
What I learned in precalc: Vectors really don't matter unless you are an engineer.
What I learned in chemistry: A mole is not necessarily a furry burrowing animal.
What I learned in PE: Trying to block other people while playing scooter soccer can lead to sprained ankles.
What I learned in band: Some people should not be allowed near a trap set.
What I learned in jazz band: Solos at 7:10 in the morning aren't necessarily the best in the world
What I learned in computer networking: Resistors are very funny if you know the color code for them. Oh yeah, and some people are totally clueless. "This router is a piece of crap! My Linksys at home is so much better!" Was said about a decked out Cisco 2600 series router.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 08:49:02 pm »
Quote from: "m125 Boy"

What I learned in jazz band: Solos at 7:10 in the morning aren't necessarily the best in the world

omg... ahhh... i have solos that early too. well, vocal solos. twice a week i have to be at school at 7am to sing. and once a week i'm up in front of 15 girls, singing a song by myself that early. omg, it's SO hard to sing that early!!!! my voice is... ugh. i need to actually talk for a few hours before my voice is warmed up enough.

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
ummmmmmm
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 08:52:03 pm »
count me out...

and math? bwaa haa haaa!!!!!
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Re: ummmmmmm
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2003, 08:57:32 pm »
Quote from: "Alecs"
count me out...

and math? bwaa haa haaa!!!!!

well... i dont like math either. lol, pre-cal is my least fave class. it's hard to understand, my teacher cant teach (he just talks to himself out loud as he writes on the board) and when we have tests he tells us like the day before, and he gives us 2-3 hours of homework a night (which he never checks so people usually dont do it, lol), and he has a strong italian accent which makes it even harder to understand him... he's a great guy, just not a good teacher

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 02:55:21 am »

What I learned in English: Literature book editors love to leave the meat out of the stories they reproduce.

What I learned in English: Existentialism sucks crap face.

and that's all you need to know. if they tell you to read "The Heart of Darkness" or "The Stranger", you tell them HELL NO! or just no because swearing at a teacher isn't the best idea in the world.

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - chunkiechuck17@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chunkiechuck/msredd.html
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 06:10:51 am »

LOL! Yeah you're post made me laugh! I especially liked the English one because English is my favorite subject. (Okay, why lie? Its the ONLY "subject" I liked.) But your comment about leaving the meat out is SO true! Thankfully I've had two really good HS English teachers, and another English teacher who I never had but was still close with none the less. My fresh and soph year I had the same teacher. And my junior year I had this lady who was older but still SO down to earth...

(i.e., when reading the Red Badge of Honor (or was it Courage??) it says something like the gun ejaculated the bullet or something. Before ANYone even started actin' immature, she stops reading and blurts out, "And yeah. Ejaculate doesn't always mean shooting cum." Well, yeah. Her being a 50-60 year old teacher, what would YOUR reaction be??...  Ours? Pure Belly Laughin'.)

As far as my senior year. My teacher was a computer. I tested out and now I'm finished with all my english requirements! YAY!

-Ms.Redd

Layla

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 07:32:21 am »
i hate science, thats cool tho

*goes to try them*

I feel like a shadow
Walking behind who you think I am
Just like my shadow

Layla

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 07:35:30 am »
and if you take 2 foot steps backward away from a wall (while your're facing it) and lean over so the top of you're head touches the wall and try to pick up a medium sized, but not heavy, (like a box or a small chair) thing. girls can do this... but guys cant!

doing that hurts my head

I feel like a shadow
Walking behind who you think I am
Just like my shadow

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - chunkiechuck17@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chunkiechuck/msredd.html
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 08:12:27 am »
Holly I'm sure you've tried this but I thought I'd post it either way because its fun AND weird...

Go stand in a door way with your arms at your sides, palms towards you hips.

Now push the backs of your wrists and hand against the inside paneling of the door as hard as you can for a minute or so.

Lightly let your arms fall to your sides, but here's the thing: THEY WON'T!!! If you don't force them still, your arms will RAISE!!!

Its awesome!

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 08:26:26 am »
hahaha the doorway trick IS awesome!  Theres another one, have someone lay on their stomach, and put their arms out in front of them.  Then stand over the person and lift them up by their hands for about a minute, after that move their hands slowly back to the floor level....It gives ya a realllllly weird feeling  :wink:
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

LimeTwister

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 12:37:28 pm »

we did this in 8th grade, it really should say adult men and women.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 02:15:04 pm »
I like physics. Of course that was kinda my college major so I'm biased.

Venti, it's kinda contradictory to like physics and hate math since math is a huge part of physics. I used to say I didn't like math in high school but later in college I found that I'm good at math.

btw, that lifting exercise against the wall just proves the other benefits of breasts. Sorry I just couldn't resist. LMFAO