Author Topic: How to obtain YOUR copy of the "Demo Tape"  (Read 8010 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
How to obtain YOUR copy of the "Demo Tape"
« on: November 04, 2003, 08:21:06 am »
This thread is for USA Distribution only!

UK VERSION
EUROPEAN VERSION

Ok people, this thread is going to be instructions/rules for obtaining the tape from me.  Other people may do distributions, but I voluntered to run the first one, so here it is.

but first, some ground rules.

1. DO NOT POST HERE. - This thread is not for discussion, it is for me posting rules and guidelines.  There is another perfectly good thread that I check regularly for asking questions and may have to create other ones to get lists together etc.  So don't post here and clutter things up.

2.  You must live in the US or Canada. - If you live outside of these two countries, then this Tree is not for you.  Other nessaholics from the appropriate regions will be posting about that.  If you do not see a post for your region, PM me and i will see what I can arrange for you.  if you are the first person in your region to receive the demo tape you MUST be willing to send it to other people in your region.  If you cannot accept this role, then don't ask us to send you a hard copy.

Addendum: I am counting all US territories and protectorates in this.  So virgin islands and puerto rico are included.

3.  Do not PM me about the tape unless I tell you to. - Do not send me 5 million PM's asking me WHEN the tape is gonna be sent or asking for special shipping or whatever.  I will make anouncements to the appropriate people when appropriate.  If you have a special situation, then use your own judgement on weather or not it's important enough to PM me.  People who use bad judgement will be ignored.

4.  Do not sell the tape. - If you accept a tape from myself or anyone on the Tree you are agreeing NOT TO MONETARILY PROFIT FROM THE TAPE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.  You may not sell the tape.  Rent the tape.  Make copies to sell or in any way make money from this tape.  If I see any of you selling a copy on Ebay I can assure you I have a number of reprecusions I can persue.

5.  Do not be intimidated.  Don't worry if I don't like you, or if you don't like me.  Don't be afraid to put your name on the list.  I want everyone who wants to hear this and who is willing to put in the effort to have a copy.  I am loud and abusive on a regular basis, but that doesn't mean I don't have a concept of community.

The two methods for obtaining the tape will follow in the next 2 posts.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Distribution Tree
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 08:28:02 am »
Ok, the first way to get the tape is to be part of a distribution Tree.  

PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING A BRANCH ON THE TREE

The basic premise of a tree is that one person has the tape to start out with.  Then he or she sends the tape to a number of people (for this tree we are doing 5) then each of THOSE people sends it out to another number of people (5 again).  So if we did 5 and 5 at the end 30 people would receive the tape.

We call the first 5 people branches and the rest (25) are leaves.

So if you are a branch, you will send me a B&P's and I will send you back the CD.  Then you receive a B&P from 5 other people (I will tell you who those 5 people are) and you will send those 5 people copies.  Then your responsibility is done.

There was a vote, and this will be a B&P's  based Tree.

See the post below to get your name added to the Tree as a branch.  Once I have 5 branches I will start getting names for the leaves.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
B&P directly to me
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 08:31:01 am »
In addition to the Tree, i will also allow a limited number of B&P's to be sent directly to me.

I have not decided the number of them I will allow, but it will be based on total interest.

I have also had offers from other Nessaholics do conduct B&P's.  These offers are GREATLY appreciated, and I will contact people as I start getting a list of people who want to be involved.

If you do not know what a B&P is, click the above link.

Do not just send me a B&P.  When it is time to start sending them, I will make a list of the people I am expecting one from.  I will let you know when it is time to get on this list.

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Finally, download
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 08:36:04 am »
Finally, and likely most popular, I will host converted MP3's of the tape on my webserver.

When i have the files up, i will post a URL to the files so that they can be downloaded.

Note, that my web server has bandwith throttling and login limits.... meaning only about 125 kb/s is allowed out and I have a 5 person limit at one time.  So do not get frustrated with how long the songs take to download.  Just accept it.

Also, I have gotten offers from other nessaholics to help host files.  These offers for mirrors are greatly appreciated, and we will work things out when I have the files.

The MP3's will be of decent quality but will not sound as good as the source material.  But they are easier to distribute and may be the only option for some of you.  Instant gratification rules.

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 08:38:22 am »
Issues decided in the Polls:

We will be distributing the cleaned up version of the CD.  I belive it has some *bonus* tracks on it.  I will post the whole track list when I get home.

We will be doing a B&P based tree.

Common Questions Answered:

Every time I say "tape" I actually mean CD.  The "tape" will be distributed via CD not actual audio tape.  I may be willing to do MD conversion if there is a heavy demand, but as I do not have the "tape" on the original media I cannot distribute it via audio tape.

If you donated money to purchase the tape, Tricia has posted that she will personally furnish a copy of the tape to you or else will arrange for you to get it.  This doesn't mean you can't participate in this distribution... it just means that you don't need to.  If for some reason you can't/don't get a copy from T... then this is a backup means.

As mentioned above, US protectorates are included in my definition of "US and Canada".  So if you live in Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands, you're fine since they both use the USPS.

BTW: Kev, thanks for the sticky........ god that sounds dirty.

---Andrew

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 02:49:47 am »
I've stickied this thread. Any objections, let me know.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 01:59:34 pm »
Excellent!

Ok, people, I have the CD now and I will be spending this weekend doing all the prep work I need to get it sent out.  But now it's time to make some lists.

I am starting the list for the Tree first.

If you want to be a branch for the tree, PM me.  The first 5 people to PM me will be branches (see above description on running a tape tree for an explanation for what a Branch is).

Being a branch means you

1) MUST HAVE A CD BURNER

2) You must be willing to do 5 B&P's for people.  If you don't know what a B&P is see the link in one of the above posts.

I reserve to right to turn you down as a branch if I don't feel like you are mature enough to handle the job.  It does involve some responsibility, but because we are doing a B&P tree it won't involve any COST to you.  Just your time.

After I have the Tree started I will offer a plain old B&P to me personally.  I will let you know when I am taking names for that.

When Tricia gives me the go ahead, i will rip the CD into MP3 and post that up for download, but that might be a while longer.  So if you want it now and in the best quality, get in on the Tree or B&P that will follow.

I will put the list here as I get volunteers.

Braches(5/5)
---------------
ILoveHanson - North East
VCfreak - South/West
Shelly - MidWest
blueglove - North East
Dancernl - North East

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 12:56:36 pm »
ok, everyone... we are starting to take signups for leaves now.  To be a leaf all you have to do is be willing to send a b&p to the branch you are assigned to.

What I want you to go do is PM me if you want to be a leaf but when you PM me I need to know what region you are in so I can figure out who your branch will be.

PM me with questions.

I will be taking the first 25 names I get or I will close the list in 2 weeks. Whichever comes first.

Check back HERE to find out if you made the list.  I will try and update it daily.

Leaves (7/25)
-------------------------
KilgoreTrout
Divasteph
1vcfan
LogikalX
migmitch
Gina
donovan1212

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 06:55:50 am »
To All:

If you are a branch you should have your copy by now (or sometime in the next day or two in the case of one of them).

Leaves should all be getting B&P requests from their appropriate branch.  If you are a leaf and you don't get a PM from a branch by wednesday of this week (12/10/03) let me know.

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 02:33:55 pm »
Ok peeps.  The distribution is done and the MP3's are posted on my website.  TO get them, go here

Merry x-mas all!!!

---Andrew

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 08:48:50 am »
LOSER :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Afterglow

• **BANNED**
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - white_houses@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - XxSaturdaysxX
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Mcaofera_wunderschon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.harmonium.rg3.net
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 12:40:45 pm »
And who is from Brazil?

............ Vou para Europa descobrir alguns segredos da Vida ............

Rick

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 12:55:00 pm »