Author Topic: Disrespect  (Read 7388 times)

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Disrespect
« on: November 10, 2003, 01:44:43 pm »
What do you think is a sign of disrespect..?

I, for one, think that being late to appointments frequently is a sign of disrespect.

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 01:52:16 pm »
:roll:  literally everyone in Spain is late to most appointments... we're a rude country lol

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 07:31:14 pm »
lol... i'm rarely late to things for that reason!

hmmm... not listening when someone is talking is.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Gina

• View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 07:50:46 pm »
when someone wants to talk to you about things going on in their life and you start talking about yourself and your problems... grrrr. i see ppl doing that all the time and its so frustrating.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Disrespect
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 07:55:36 pm »
when someone just randomly sends me an instant message and expects me to know who they are, especially if they have never met me or talked to me before.  When I ask who they are and how they got my sn they get all annoyed like i'm supposed to be this all knowing being,  I may be "the wise one" but I'm not THAT good :wink:   Anyway, I just think it's inconsiderate not to identify yourself to a stranger, even if it's only online.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Gina

• View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 07:56:45 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
when someone just randomly sends me an instant message and expects me to know who they are, especially if they have never met me or talked to me before.  When I ask who they are and how they got my sn they get all annoyed like i'm supposed to be this all knowing being,  I may be "the wise one" but I'm not THAT good :wink:   Anyway, I just think it's inconsiderate not to identify yourself to a stranger, even if it's only online.

oh i agree! ppl do that to me all the time, and they think its funny that i don't know who they are, and NEVER tell me who they are!
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Re: Disrespect
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 09:13:27 pm »
Quote from: "Si"
What do you think is a sign of disrespect..?

I, for one, think that being late to appointments frequently is a sign of disrespect.

I think cheating on a signficant other is a major sign of disrespect.  If you find yourself wanting to cheat, atleast have the courtesty to break up with your current GF or BF first.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 02:12:39 am »
Smoking cigarrettes around people who would prefer you not to smoke right next to them.  And not using your manners when people inform you of the fact.

People who don't tell you politely to smoke somewhere else because the smoke bothers them.

tylor

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 05:31:24 am »
You know what else I just thought of that is a sign of disrespect? Repeating something said to you in private to others.

Doesn't even matter what it is or how harmless it is.... it's a sign of respect.

I have one friend who, EVERYTIME I tell her something in private, I can expect it to get repeated to atleast 3 other people no matter HOW much I stress that she has to be discreet about it.  So I just stopped telling her anything that required discretion.

amiright?
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 05:56:56 am »
From how i see it, Andrew is close to my point....However id just say any breach of honesty is a sign of disrespect.
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 08:18:09 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
You know what else I just thought of that is a sign of disrespect? Repeating something said to you in private to others.

Doesn't even matter what it is or how harmless it is.... it's a sign of respect.

I have one friend who, EVERYTIME I tell her something in private, I can expect it to get repeated to atleast 3 other people no matter HOW much I stress that she has to be discreet about it.  So I just stopped telling her anything that required discretion.

amiright?

That always happens to me. I suppose that is just a typical sign of teenage girl though. One girl, if i told her who i fancied, she would go right up and tell him. Yet you always feel drawn to keep telling those people those things, because its fun to have someone to confide in. Except its not really 'confiding' at all, because all and sundry are gonna know within the next few minutes!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 08:33:02 am »
when someone gets annoyed at you but they don't have the balls to come and tell you to your face so they talk about you behind your back and act blaintly rude to you.  :roll:  bah, i hate petty  highschool crap.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Disrespect
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 08:35:26 am »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
when someone gets annoyed at you but they don't have the balls to come and tell you to your face so they talk about you behind your back and act blaintly rude to you.  :roll:  bah, i hate petty  highschool crap.

sorry sis, but it doesn't stop after highschool
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2003, 11:06:20 am »

Truthery.

Not that I'm gonna name any names or anything  :roll:

---Andrew

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Disrespect
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2003, 11:21:26 am »

true, but when you're in college you have less of a chance of seeing that person(s) [depending on the size of the college of course]. and then when you're an adult you can go wherever the hell you like to get away from that person(s). whereas highschool, you are forced to see that person(s) everyday until graduation.

Quote from: "Grakthis"
Truthery.

haha....truthery....such a fun word.