Nature
2 (14.3%)
Nurture
2 (14.3%)
Both
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: November 21, 2003, 06:41:54 pm

Author Topic: Nature vs. Nurture  (Read 5250 times)

notagirl

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Nature vs. Nurture
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2003, 10:35:55 am »
Nature. How is it that my brother and I are so different yet we were raised by the same parents. I assume we grew up with different natural instincts. One other difference were his friends and mines. Friends play a big part in nurturing us. His friends were not the greatest role models but he chose his friends due to his nature. Like I said we grew up with the same parents but due to his nature he rebeled everything they said and I didn't. So I believe nature leads to nurture.
Brunettes Rule!   MMV
CAN'T STOP THE SIGNAL!
Cards4Life

LimeTwister

Nature vs. Nurture
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2003, 12:32:27 pm »
Quote from: "PintOGuinness"
Nurture... I believe anyone can become anything... In the right situation, under the right circumstances... a person can be changed into anything.  I also believe that that person can eventually fight against every natural instict they have.  Face it, there are skinny people in fat families, there are Democrats coming to the bible belt for Thanksgiving dinner, and there are very successful professionals that commit suicide or turn to crime... I think the Nature argument makes everyone feel good, but like most arguments that make people feel good, doesn't hold much water.

what happens when the person is mentally off?

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Nature vs. Nurture
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2003, 04:00:58 pm »
Quote from: "notagirl"
Nature. How is it that my brother and I are so different yet we were raised by the same parents. I assume we grew up with different natural instincts. One other difference were his friends and mines. Friends play a big part in nurturing us. His friends were not the greatest role models but he chose his friends due to his nature. Like I said we grew up with the same parents but due to his nature he rebeled everything they said and I didn't. So I believe nature leads to nurture.

that is a good point.....*ponders*...........*ponders some more* I think that we all do have natural instincts like you say, and that they all can be different. But like you say, our friends can nurture us. Maybe he did pick his friends out of instinct, but his friends also nurtured those instincts....which is why i think it's both  :wink:

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
Nature vs. Nurture
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2003, 12:55:11 pm »
i think its both cus if you treat someone bad they are going to treat u bad too and if its too hot u get cranky or if its raining u get like depressed lmao