6. Sway
2 (3.8%)
7. Paradise
25 (48.1%)
10. Wanted
25 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: December 03, 2003, 10:03:31 am

Author Topic: Be Not Nobody Survivor Round IX  (Read 12357 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Be Not Nobody Survivor Round IX
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2003, 07:20:49 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
did i say that? i dont think so... i just meant that sometimes people who have gone through something are the only ones who understand what it feels like. if i were to hear "paradise" before i was ever depressed, it wouldnt mean anything to me! i could relate to every word in that song tho... seriously! depression is something that plays with your mind. i thought thoughts that i would never dream of thinking. i almost lost the battle until i heard this song.... thats why i can relate to it and why it means SO much to me! do not try to shine a humerous light on depression. ok?

No one ever says "I'm an elitist"... but the things people say clearly show their bias.  So naturally, you never said "I'm a depression elitist".... but you did basically say "if you've never been depressed you don't understand", which is the definition of elitism.

My comment was just poking fun at your post, and it wasn't intended to be an attack....  But trust me, you don't want this to become a serious discussion.  That's no fun and would just lead to resentment.  You're better off just ignoring my jokes if you don't like them.

And BTW, don't try and tell me what I may or may not "shine a humorous light" on.  You can ASK me not to make jokes.  And I may (or may not) agree.  But when you TELL me, it makes me want to do it more just to prove a point.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2003, 07:26:29 am »
just because jason isn't here andrew don't start introspectical battles with poor little holly -- she is expressing her emotions leave her be -- xoxo

btw - paradise rocks down with wanted!!!

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2003, 07:41:36 am »
Sway's gonna win, Sway's gonna win, Sway's gonna wiiiiiin

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2003, 10:25:07 am »
Quote from: "divasteph"
just because jason isn't here andrew don't start introspectical battles with poor little holly -- she is expressing her emotions leave her be -- xoxo

btw - paradise rocks down with wanted!!!

I miss jason  :cry:
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2003, 10:25:25 am »
Quote from: "Si"

Wooot!

---Andrew

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2003, 10:28:32 am »
Elite means when you think you’re better than someone… and I in no way implied that! It’s just a fact of life I guess… if you go through something and experience something than you have a better grasp of what it feels like! I didn’t mean anything other than that at all… There are many many things I have not experienced that I wouldn’t understand as well as someone who has… Same thing here, I went through depression, it had a major effect on my life, I wanted to die. So exuse me if I take it seriously! If you have the right to say something… I have the right to say something back, right? I think I do. I’m not the one to ignore things that bother me… I’ve done that too many times in the past.

Thank you Steph!!

And I miss Jason too... he had a way of arguing, but not being rude. He rocks.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Steavis

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Steavis09@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - A+Name+Perhaps
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Steavis09@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2003, 10:42:05 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
And BTW, don't try and tell me what I may or may not "shine a humorous light" on.  You can ASK me not to make jokes.  And I may (or may not) agree.  But when you TELL me, it makes me want to do it more just to prove a point.

There is a thing called respect and a thing called honor, the people on this planet with those two things instinctively prevent themselves from making jokes when it is known it'll upset someone else. When someone still jokes under those circumstances, it's proving a point alright, it's proving they're a fool; and if anyone is wishing to prove that point to us all, then be my guest.
Washington is a dreadfully awful place......this I've learned

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2003, 11:13:07 am »

8O

You didn't know Jason very well, did you?  He's my boy... but he has the worst temper I've ever seen in action..... he's just never said anything that bothered YOU.

Edit:

Quote from: "Steavis"
There is a thing called respect and a thing called honor, the people on this planet with those two things instinctively prevent themselves from making jokes when it is known it'll upset someone else. When someone still jokes under those circumstances, it's proving a point alright, it's proving they're a fool; and if anyone is wishing to prove that point to us all, then be my guest.

What are you, 14?  Do I need to spell this out for you?

Respect is reserved for people who earn it.  Honor is a concept invented by the weak to keep from being preyed on by the strong.

Strong people don't like to be bossed around, and when you tell a strong person what to do, they have an immediate desire to do exactly the opposite... not because they actually want to do the action... but because they want to send a big "f u" to the person trying to boss them around.

Hence, original sin and why the God of the old testement is an asshole.

---Andrew

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2003, 11:17:05 am »

Wooot!

LOL !

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2003, 12:24:03 pm »

Wooot!

Double Wooot!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2003, 02:58:09 pm »
Quote from: "Lucy-san"
well by that theory wanted is just as special...so keep it!

Absolutely!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2003, 03:36:06 pm »

8O

You didn't know Jason very well, did you?  He's my boy... but he has the worst temper I've ever seen in action..... he's just never said anything that bothered YOU.

i didn't but what i did know of him he was nice... he was always very nice to me and i judge people on what i see. i did see a couple of his arguments and from what i saw he was pretty civil.

Quote from: "Steavis"

What are you, 14?  Do I need to spell this out for you?

Respect is reserved for people who earn it.  Honor is a concept invented by the weak to keep from being preyed on by the strong.

Strong people don't like to be bossed around, and when you tell a strong person what to do, they have an immediate desire to do exactly the opposite... not because they actually want to do the action... but because they want to send a big "f u" to the person trying to boss them around.

Hence, original sin and why the God of the old testement is an asshole.

ok, you have a different thoery of respect. when i'm talking about something i could have died from and that about ruined my life. making a joke is not respectful. so yeah, i got mad. i think all people deserve respect, unless they have done something really wrong. have i done something that wrong?
and i think you're concept of "strong" is wrong. people that attack other people like that feel threatened... otherwise why would they have a reason to be so rude? when people tell me not to do something because it bothers them... i listen. i dont get all mad. i think "strong" could be when you're able to control your feeling in a way that is more kind, not just let them explode.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

mellsbells12

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - luvabugg12
    • View Profile
hmm
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2003, 04:34:24 pm »
i love you all, miss you all

but i have to vote off paradise..sorry!!

i hate this whole survivor idea with a passion, personally i cant believe i'm voting, but the first time i heard wanted i thought it was amazing and impossible and it was by far my fav. song on the CD, it has this deep emotion in it and i love it, and i sat down for 2 hours and learned it by ear, which is one of my biggest accomplishments, so i have to support this song! i love "wanted"  

PARADISEEEEEEEEE voted off by me

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2003, 04:47:54 pm »
melly my :heart:

i know.. i feel bad voting off any of them, cuz they're all so great, but its just a game... and paradise in my mind deserves to be gone too.  Wanted is one of my favorites... along with RINSE and Twilight... grrrr!
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2003, 05:35:12 pm »
WE WANT WANTED!  WE WANT WANTED!   (to win =P)

And indeed I voted once upon a year gone by . . .