Author Topic: My friend is home from the war for 15 days  (Read 1411 times)

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
My friend is home from the war for 15 days
« on: December 01, 2003, 03:19:29 pm »
She has been busting major a$$ over there for 9 months. She got an award so she was was one out of her group that got to come home for 15 days. It was great seeing her. It's been so long. She had a lot of crazy stories to tell. The things we see on tv don't portray how crazy it is over there right now. I wish she could stay home though.
    I had just got home from Thanksgiving in New Orleans(9 & 1/2 hours drive) and she showed up! She insisted we go to Dallas because she wanted to party since she hadn't seen us in so long. So back in the car I went back down to Dallas and we went dancing at an underground club until about 4am. We had a blast.

Anyone else have anyone that got to come home for a bit?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 06:00:00 pm »
My history teacher went over from march to september and set up the interm governments and such. he even met a former student from my highschool there! he's back now, and you're right, from the stuff he's told us.....its' nothing like the 5 o'clock news i'm seeing.....

anywhose, that's the only one in my town. but in the town an hour away there were a few soldiers who came home. they showed it on the news.....very emotional

Steavis

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Steavis09@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - A+Name+Perhaps
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Steavis09@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 09:19:17 pm »
I might end up over there myself! I'm going to basic in January, then MOS training in March to train 17 weeks as a US Army medic, and being a medic, I'd be considered just as, if not at the moment more needed than infantry, beacuse I'd work for both the soldiers and the residents of the nation. Kind of got a shocker last night though, minding my own business looking at what trainings I was going to go through and I saw a few things I expected, things like cardiac, respiratory, bleeding, seperate forms of trauma, etc. and then I saw things that really disturbed me, mainly the little one known as ob/gyn. Oh man, I'm really glad they'll be paying me for this!
Washington is a dreadfully awful place......this I've learned