Author Topic: Alicia Keys  (Read 12827 times)

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Alicia Keys
« on: December 07, 2003, 03:06:50 pm »
anybody have her new album? i think it came out today. i haven't heard a new single from her either. can somebody give me some info about it? maybe i've heard the single but i just don't know its her... i don't know. i think the new album is called "The Diary of Alicia Keys".

p.s. i checked to see if somebody made a thread about her but i didn't see one. i was surprised. maybe i just missed it.... lol

Amanda

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Alicia Keys
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 03:21:06 pm »
Nope, you didn't miss the thread, this is the first one about her  :)

I know the first single is called "You Don't Know My Name," I saw the video for it on BET on Friday. They are playing it on a lot of the urban and urban ac radio stations. Pop and AC really haven't picked up on it as of yet.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Alicia Keys
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 03:26:52 pm »
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"
Nope, you didn't miss the thread, this is the first one about her  :)

I know the first single is called "You Don't Know My Name," I saw the video for it on BET on Friday. They are playing it on a lot of the urban and urban ac radio stations. Pop and AC really haven't picked up on it as of yet.

oh ok. thanx for the info!!
i hope all the radio stations start playing it soon.

what did you think of the song?

Amanda

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Alicia Keys
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 05:28:03 pm »
I don't like how at the end of the song she says she works at the coffee store or whatever. I don't think it's nessicary when she isn't...why pretend and make the dounkin donut workers feel bad? But other than that I love her. She's amazing.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
BONUS DVD
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 04:43:59 pm »

I loved her cd!!!

Did anyone buy the new album w/ the bonus DVD? Cuz I was watching it and there r a few moments w/ her in a photoshoot ( for her promo pics) where she apperars wearing this white top with something like "NO BLOOD 4 OIL" written in bright red. But at her website pics, they airbrushed that and it's just a blank white top.I know I only saw the whole dvd once, but I really think I saw that....This is the pic that they have at her website with nothing on it, if u watch her DVD u'll see the red letters on it:

Lucy-san

Alicia Keys
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 11:04:44 pm »
I love alicia keys! she has soo much soul...and this album...every song like tears my heart apart everytime I listen to it. I especially like "If I ain't got you". The single is an amazing song too, but not my favorite!
I very seldom buy albums, but this one I bought 100% legit. worth it fo sho!

Lucy-san

Alicia Keys
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 11:06:00 pm »
oh and I just wanted to note how bizarre it is that there was no thread for alicia before this...why arent her and vanessa associated more often. theyre probably the two most poppish pianists out there right now.

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Alicia Keys
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2003, 07:59:08 pm »
Quote from: "Lucy-san"
oh and I just wanted to note how bizarre it is that there was no thread for alicia before this...why arent her and vanessa associated more often. theyre probably the two most poppish pianists out there right now.

yeah exactly.

i was surprised too

Amanda

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Alicia Keys
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 04:42:03 pm »
I love Alicia Keys.

I think she has an amazing voice.

she's very beautiful and down to earth too.

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
IF I Aint GOt yOU!!
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 11:33:35 pm »
It's been almost a mnth since the video premiered. I love that song! So here I am asking the few fans here to help AK with her video ;)

Request It!
106:    http://www.bet.com/flexpackage/0,,p343,00.html

TRL:    http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/vote

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Alicia Keys
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 11:33:45 pm »
it's a gr8 video, it's about what happened b4 "Fallin". Before AK boyfriend (Method Man) went to prision. Very emocional cool video;)

Manda

• View Profile
Alicia Keys
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2004, 09:58:01 am »
I have to buy the cd....its killing me!

her songs are great.

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Alicia Keys
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2004, 10:37:30 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
I have to buy the cd....its killing me!

her songs are great.

Manda

yeah, buy it, u won't regret :D

Manda

• View Profile
Alicia Keys
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 02:00:45 pm »
Just got the cd on Friday Night, I love it.

:D

Very well done, my favorite song so far on the cd is Dragon Days, I just don't know why, sounds so good. you just want to get up and dance. lol

Manda

8)

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Alicia Keys
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 07:33:47 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
Just got the cd on Friday Night, I love it.

:D

Very well done, my favorite song so far on the cd is Dragon Days, I just don't know why, sounds so good. you just want to get up and dance. lol

Manda

8)

I looove Dragon Days!!! ( like the desert needs water I need u a lot! --> it's soo catchy)

And ''Hurtburn burning in my soooul, call the fire department it's out of controoouol!!!!'' "doctor doctor tell me wil i die" lol ---> that's also a really cool song

The only one I hated at first was ''diary", but with time it grew on me lol, now i love it too