Author Topic: i finally put some of my forensics knowledge to use, lol  (Read 3696 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
i finally put some of my forensics knowledge to use, lol
« on: December 21, 2003, 03:08:56 pm »
it was interesting... this morning i was walking to this restraunt to meet my family and i noticed some bloody footprints on the sidewalk. i thought they were just an animal or dog or something so i didnt think much of them at first. after breakfast my mom, grandma and I decided we were curious (curiousity runs in my family, haha) so we decided to go see what was going on. we followed them about 2 miles... across a bridge, down a few streets and then we found a dead end. The bloody footprints went up some stairs to a park but there was a police line across the stairs so we couldnt go up. We saw a police man and asked him what was going on because i'm in forensics at school and would like to write a report on it. he was really nice and told us what he knew, but at that point it wasnt much because they'd only been working on the case for about an hour. He said that the footprints led up and ended where there was a pool of blood and then dissapeared. he was like "ok, we'd have to go quick cause i could get in trouble, but come with me and i'll show you". so i went under the tape and saw where it was. he then told us that they think the source was on this island not too far away. So we followed the path the 2 miles back to where we started and followed it the other way. along the way we talked to another cop who told us there were blood hounds on the way. we also talked to some csi people who talked to me about why the blood looked the way it did on the sidewalk. they also said that they were pretty sure it was a woman... we followed the bloody footprints through a street with houses. The prints weren't of a full foot, it was like she cut the part of the foot up near the big toe and it was bleeding. we could also see 2-4 toes in each print. there was alot of blood in each print, i cant believe someone could bleed that much! i could tell which way the person was walking from the way the toes were and the way the blood was splattering. also i thought she was small from the way the prints were spaced and that she was drunk from the way the prints were zig zagged back and forth across the street. my mom and grandma didnt believe me tho. they thought she was going the other way and that she was tall and just scared cause she was shot in the foot. we followed them to a house were there was blood on the fence and it had police tape around it. we lost the trail for awhile but then found it and it led to the source of the problem where the CSI people were. we talked to a detective and he told us the whole story.
it was a small woman who was drunk (haha, i was right! yay). she cut her foot on a pipe vent and then walked 2.5 miles to where she was picked up by a car. the cops found her because she had caused a bit of trouble earlier that night and he remembered her. they went to her house and asked if she cut her foot and she said yes. lol. all that because of a drunk woman. but it was interesting! there were bloody footprints around a city streching for 2.5 miles and police and police tape everywhere. the whole city was curious. she lost a lot of blood!! i'm surprised she's ok!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 03:16:19 pm »
wow...that's craziness.

good work detective Holly!! lol
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 03:33:31 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
wow...that's craziness.

good work detective Holly!! lol

Yeah!
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 03:34:59 pm »
here's some pictures i took (for my report i'm writing for class)
ignore the top of some pics, lol

one of the footprints

across gravel

i circled the pool of blood, this is when the guy snuck me up

the stairs with the blood, i circled them

i circled the blood trail on the sidewalk

i have more pics... but those were on my cell and i havent gotten the rest developed yet

LimeTwister

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 03:36:31 pm »
interesting story!

thanks for sharing.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2003, 03:37:05 pm »
Haha, I read that and the suspense kinda built up, and then said it was a drunk woman and I kinda just sat there angry, but I have gotten over it.  :lol:
Joe

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - loveplasticlove
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2003, 08:35:44 pm »
haha awesome story Holly :)

Forensics is fun!
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist."  -Marilyn Manson
SuperScientific: I have a eggroll to shove in your rice patty lol

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2003, 08:45:46 pm »
Wow! That is really interesting! Sounds exciting! lol

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2003, 11:51:54 pm »
i still don't understand it...
how could someone walk 2.5 miles on a sore foot? and it must been REALLY sore. And the footprints were of pretty good size and thinkness of blood, she lost over 2.5 miles of them! along with 4 pretty large pools of blood... that musta been a few gallons of blood she lost, aren't u sposed to pass out?! but nope, she went home and had no idea what happened, lol.

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - loveplasticlove
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 05:47:11 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
how could someone walk 2.5 miles on a sore foot? and it must been REALLY sore. And the footprints were of pretty good size and thinkness of blood, she lost over 2.5 miles of them! along with 4 pretty large pools of blood... that musta been a few gallons of blood she lost, aren't u sposed to pass out?! but nope, she went home and had no idea what happened, lol.

odd... she was prolly too drunk to feel much

that is what she gets for walking barefoot!

damn hippie!
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist."  -Marilyn Manson
SuperScientific: I have a eggroll to shove in your rice patty lol

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2003, 06:30:40 am »
Very interesting.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2003, 08:05:33 am »
Wow... you did put that forensics to use! Sheesh, I agree.. thats craziness that she could walk that far, but yeah if she was drunk she probably didn't even realize or feel it so much.  good work :wink:

I had to get my fingerprints done cuz one of my friends takes forensics, it was kinda fun, you could totally see all these scars on my fingers and i had no idea i had them. Forensics is so interesting, i wish i took it
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2003, 09:46:26 pm »
Quote from: "loveplasticlove"
Quote from: "Holly"

odd... she was prolly too drunk to feel much

that is what she gets for walking barefoot!

damn hippie!

lmao, yeah, thats what i'm wondering... did she start out barefoot, or did she get drunk and loose them? who walks barefoot around a city?! lmao. I just hope I'm not that stupid when I get drunk. When my bro was drunk he'd hide in bathtubs... lmao.

Quote from: "Gina"
Wow... you did put that forensics to use! Sheesh, I agree.. thats craziness that she could walk that far, but yeah if she was drunk she probably didn't even realize or feel it so much.  good work :wink:

I had to get my fingerprints done cuz one of my friends takes forensics, it was kinda fun, you could totally see all these scars on my fingers and i had no idea i had them. Forensics is so interesting, i wish i took it

I had to get my fingerprints done when I turned 18, in order to turn my bank account over to me or whatever... lol, they are interesting! We havent studied them yet tho... But we will next semester! So far we've done hair, fibers, soil, and now we're studying blood splatter. It is a really really interesting class. Some people think its a scary/weird class, but it's an amazing science. If people didnt study forensics people would be able to get away with crimes all the time without being caught. I'd go into it as a profession but being around dead people would freak me out, and I don't handle gore well enough.

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2003, 09:53:06 pm »
woah!!! that's so cool. the pics are kinda spooky... you know like in movies when you see bloody footprints and they lead up to a dead person or something. and she was drunk, but OUCH!

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2003, 09:57:42 pm »
you know what they also reminded me of? you know that CSI episode with the toddler covered in blood? she comes walking out... and she's ok, but they have to follow her bloody footprints back to the house where her whole family is dead.  8O