Author Topic: World Idol Competition  (Read 10977 times)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2003, 02:15:30 am »
Quote from: "eclv"

you are totally correct Rosie. I have no idea about any of those other people. I only saw two people and they were terrible. I am sure there is lots of talent out there.

Mind you, i wish my ignorance to the Polish girl still existed!  :x
"I'm all about the wordplay."

CaliGirl20

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2003, 02:56:10 am »
Yeah......Kelly really really bothered me quite a lot the other night.  She seemed completely ego-tripped.  Kurt was just as good as Kelly in my opinion.   I mut admit, I did enjoy seeing her get knocked down by one of the judges.  lol

As far as the others go, Will Young was really great.  Same with the guy that sang Nirvana, although he sounded too much like a kurt cobain wannabe.  I'd love to hear what he sounds like with his band.  Also, the guy from South Africa was fairly good as well.  Oh and the girl from Pan Arab.  She kicked ass as well.  Some great some there.

Other than that I wasn't very impressed over all.  I'd love to see Helgi Rafn from Iceland Idol come out with an album.  He's fantastic! (He wasn't on the show)
I'm Katy....I wanted to put that here so people wouldn't have to ask =)  Choco for life! lol

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2003, 03:37:41 am »
they were all somewhat decent but the judge from Polland can suck it! Kelly doesn't need any shit in my mind. she got plenty the whle 1st season from Simon! :?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Layla

• View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2003, 09:38:48 am »
Quote from: "CaliGirl20"
... As far as the others go, Will Young was really great...

that's all I need to hear!  :lol:

I feel like a shadow
Walking behind who you think I am
Just like my shadow

Layla

• View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2003, 01:34:55 pm »
Quote from: "Tia"
Overrated :roll:  :wink:

you take that back!
It's been the only good tv this Christmas :lol:

I feel like a shadow
Just like my shadow

LimeTwister

World Idol Competition
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2003, 02:35:58 pm »
Quote from: "Alecs"
they were all somewhat decent but the judge from Polland can suck it! Kelly doesn't need any shit in my mind. she got plenty the whle 1st season from Simon! :?

the Polish judge was nice to Kelly, and I have no clue what he said to the Polish girl, but omg that was funny "I hate him"...but to kelly he was nice...

and kelly did NOT show her best performance...at all.

Alecs

• View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2003, 07:23:05 pm »
no biggie about Kelly... It was just one more extra cheese tv show for the holidaze... :oops:

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
World Idol Competition
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2004, 07:04:12 pm »
no biggie about Kelly... It was just one more extra cheese tv show for the holidaze... :oops:

Haha

I watched the end of it tonight for no appearant reason. And I cannot believe she lost to mr. can't sing for shit. Well maybe he can sing, but I hate it.

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2004, 07:06:44 pm »
Quote from: "danielmarko"

Haha

I watched the end of it tonight for no appearant reason. And I cannot believe she lost to mr. can't sing for shit. Well maybe he can sing, but I hate it.

exactly, if shes gonna lose, lost to someone who was a little better, not saying Kurt is bad, he just wouldn't be one of my top choices. Oh well, it was kinda a dumb show neway.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

rroo

• View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton.info
World Idol Competition
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2004, 07:08:15 pm »
Our guy was on top of the list (if you'd be standing on your head)!

I kinda hoped we (Netherlands) would at least beat the German guy (did he shave his armpits?).

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
World Idol Competition
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2004, 09:57:13 pm »
wow, I would have liked to hear this Kurt guy. I guess it must be a Clay thing where he is not good to look at but sounds good.

*edit* I heard him, not impressed  :?

Alecs

• View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2004, 10:53:34 pm »

Haha

Dude Kurt was a great singer! I thought it wasn't fair that they all didn't have to sing at least 3 songs or more to show their talent, however I will admit that the guy I voted for won. hmm imagine that... :wink:

Lucy-san

World Idol Competition
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2004, 12:44:24 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

it was natural woman...and the note that got kelly the spot of American Idol was killed too...she like screamed it and didn't sing it *it was bad* but the rest of the song was pretty good.

no way! I liked how she sang the shrieky note...but I did like the extreme  high note from the original time...ahh I remember talking about this with you two summers ago lol...memories...anywho yeah...kelly has like permanent laringitis nowadays..not that it sounds so bad. I'm so sad she lost though  :cry: why god why!!?! if anyone was to beat her it shouldve been the polish girl or better yet the pan arab girl...she was like 3rd in america! woohoo!

oh and boo to the canadian idol haha...y'all should've seen the other people who could've won...they were so much better...ahh...such poor representation.

Alecs

• View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2004, 12:58:05 am »
Quote from: "Gina"

Haha

exactly, if shes gonna lose, lost to someone who was a little better, not saying Kurt is bad, he just wouldn't be one of my top choices. Oh well, it was kinda a dumb show neway.

Oh peeps, he wasn't that bad and I only heard him sing one song but geez if ya closed your eyes and listened it WAS Bono singin' half the time. I just felt like he was the underdawg and he was so humble when he won. It was good stuff!   :wink:

Layla

• View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2004, 04:11:31 am »
*throws tomatoes at everyone that votes for Kurt*

I feel like a shadow
Just like my shadow