Author Topic: World Idol Competition  (Read 10042 times)

CaliGirl20

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« on: December 25, 2003, 10:47:14 pm »
What did everyone think?  Has everyone even seen it all?  I personally like #10 from Norway...Kurt I think it was...

Also #2 from Aussie land, Guy.  Had to love guy.  Anyway, those are my choices.  How about you?
I'm Katy....I wanted to put that here so people wouldn't have to ask =)  Choco for life! lol

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 03:09:36 am »
They were re-edited for each country- so we got a very different show to yours buuuut you got to see Ant & Dec! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Such legends. I also hear you got a battering about how Americans aren't aware of foreign events. Bwhaha

Anyway, Kelly was really good- but she seemed like she thought she was so above all of those judges, kinda like "uh, why am i here?" but maybe thats just how she is.

And I <3 Will for evaaaar, what did you all think of him? That Polish girl was most bizarre...it was like glammed up Eurovision.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2003, 03:43:43 am »
Boohoo, we're not gonna get it here.
Not that I'm not used to that kind of thing...bleh.
But GO KELLY!!!! she's gonna kick everyone's a***! :D
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Layla

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2003, 04:36:23 am »
haha it was excellent!
The polish judge was an evil man because he (tried) to insult Will! I loved Alex, the girl from Poland though, she was mad!!!
I liked Guy too, he was good but my favourite has gotta be Will Young  :D he was great, you know you want to vote for him, yes you do you want to vote, come on VOTE WILL!  :lol:
Kelly was amazing, but I don't want her to win, she's a star across the world already, it isn't fair

I feel like a shadow
Walking behind who you think I am
Just like my shadow

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
World Idol Competition
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 06:51:47 am »
Overrated :roll:  :wink:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

anniewan

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - de_boeck_ann@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
World Idol Competition
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 09:43:06 am »
haven't seen it, but what did you think of Peter Evrard (the belgian canidate) ?
I read in the newspaper that the judge wasn't very nice to him, but I like him, actually he looks like he's a killer :p but he's really sweet.

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 09:58:57 am »
i think in America we're getting that show but, was there a US contestant in the one you guys are watching?

Amanda

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
World Idol Competition
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2003, 10:16:41 am »
I was flipping and everytime I saw it there was someone with really crazy hair and sounded like crap.

I really wanted to see Kelly. What did she sing? When I saw the commercial I was like poor Kelly she must be hating that. I was wondering if it was in her contract which I guess it probably had to be. I guess it would be the same as if she was Miss America competing in Miss Universe, huh?

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2003, 11:06:22 am »
I didnt watch it I think its goin a bit tooooo far

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2003, 11:56:36 am »
Quote from: "eclv"
I was flipping and everytime I saw it there was someone with really crazy hair and sounded like crap.

I really wanted to see Kelly. What did she sing? When I saw the commercial I was like poor Kelly she must be hating that. I was wondering if it was in her contract which I guess it probably had to be. I guess it would be the same as if she was Miss America competing in Miss Universe, huh?

Can't remember what she sang. She displayed the same kinda sentiment that you have Let- that she was too good for everyone at that show- which i don't think was true. I think Ant & Dec were right to have a go at the lack of awareness of anything going on outside the US.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Alecs

• View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2003, 01:43:58 pm »
Kelly covered a song that Carol King wrote that Aretha Franklin covered years ago I think.

That Kurt guy was phucking amazing! I voted for him about 25 times last night. :oops:
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

LimeTwister

World Idol Competition
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2003, 02:00:13 pm »
Quote from: "Alecs"
Kelly covered a song that Carol King wrote that Aretha Franklin covered years ago I think.

That Kurt guy was phucking amazing! I voted for him about 25 times last night. :oops:

you know the whole history yet you lack the name...

it was natural woman...and the note that got kelly the spot of American Idol was killed too...she like screamed it and didn't sing it *it was bad* but the rest of the song was pretty good.

Alecs

• View Profile
World Idol Competition
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2003, 02:12:43 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Quote from: "Alecs"

you know the whole history yet you lack the name...

it was natural woman...and the note that got kelly the spot of American Idol was killed too...she like screamed it and didn't sing it *it was bad* but the rest of the song was pretty good.

right on. I just couldn't remember at the time I posted that. For some dumb reason I kept thinking "Respect" even though I knew that wasn't right. Leave it to me to remember all the useless facts and forget the main points. :roll:

She did pretty good for a screaming version. :wink:
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
World Idol Competition
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2003, 04:27:57 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Quote from: "eclv"

Can't remember what she sang. She displayed the same kinda sentiment that you have Let- that she was too good for everyone at that show- which i don't think was true. I think Ant & Dec were right to have a go at the lack of awareness of anything going on outside the US.

you are totally correct Rosie. I have no idea about any of those other people. I only saw two people and they were terrible. I am sure there is lots of talent out there. I also do not know a lot about her. I only saw a the last AI show. I do have her cd which I enjoy. I think I saw one special on her and she seems pretty down to earth cool but you never know. We all start somewhere so I hope her attitude isn't too bad.

Thanks for the info guys!!  :)

babyblue43402

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bethlehem07
    • View Profile
hmmm
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2003, 09:29:23 pm »
well i dunno but i thought the guy from south africa seemed good but only saw a lil' bit of his performance.... But i LOVE Kurt he was soo good and he has purely amazing talent!