Author Topic: I noticed something..  (Read 11053 times)

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2004, 05:03:23 pm »
Quote from: "Scotty"
Quote from: "MyLifeIsLikeATM"
that i found interesting.
  i was at my piano lesson this morning and we were looking at Ordinary Day in my VC piano book bc im learning that song. It says "Please come with me, see what i see, touch the stars for time will not freeze, time will not freeze..."
i thought "hmm, i always said 'flee'"
so i went home and listened to the song, it sounds like flee i thought, then i looked at the BNN cover and the lyrics indeed said flee
anyone know why the sheet music says freeze and the song says flee?

+

soooo many errors in the book

OD-lyric typo + music written for "please come with me see what I see..." is not what vanessa plays.(plus the one stated above)

Unsung- I know it says it but WHY did they change the key from C# to C its just stupid!

ATM- the music for "making my way downtown..." is written different to what Vanessa play's it sounds the same in context but...ach i would have to show you. :roll:

PB-Completely different to what Vanessa plays, Vanessa just plays the chords and has some other ornaments but she NEVER plays the vocal part on piano.

Rinse is excellent.

Sway is perfect too.

Paradise is dead on.

Prince-I thought it was quite cute how they gave u the bass part to play on piano for the intro.

Paint It Black - I guess they used the sheet music that is in the

Wanted - Absolute right

Twilight - One lyrical error it says "Stained by a role" when its stained with a role, "Stained by a role" comes later.

they should have had me to overview it before it was published :D

never noticed the ATM thing you're talking about, but everything else i agree with

Amanda

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2004, 05:15:18 pm »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"
  i was at my piano lesson this morning and we were looking at Ordinary Day in my VC piano book bc im learning that song. It says "Please come with me, see what i see, touch the stars for time will not freeze, time will not freeze..."
so i went home and listened to the song, it sounds like flee i thought, then i looked at the BNN cover and the lyrics indeed said flee

+

OD-lyric typo + music written for "please come with me see what I see..." is not what vanessa plays.(plus the one stated above)

Unsung- I know it says it but WHY did they change the key from C# to C its just stupid!

ATM- the music for "making my way downtown..." is written different to what Vanessa play's it sounds the same in context but...ach i would have to show you. :roll:

PB-Completely different to what Vanessa plays, Vanessa just plays the chords and has some other ornaments but she NEVER plays the vocal part on piano.

Rinse is excellent.

Sway is perfect too.

Paradise is dead on.

Prince-I thought it was quite cute how they gave u the bass part to play on piano for the intro.

Paint It Black - I guess they used the sheet music that is in the................

Wanted - Absolute right

Twilight - One lyrical error it says "Stained by a role" when its stained with a role, "Stained by a role" comes later.

never noticed the ATM thing you're talking about, but everything else i agree with

Amanda

woops i forgot to finish the PIB bit I went for ice cream came back and forgot about it  :roll:  :lol:

I would have to show you what i mean if only they had a piano on these boards :lol:  Pm me on AIM sometime and I will go into detail 8)

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
I noticed something..
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2004, 05:28:16 pm »
I know what you mean with the ATM thing . . .so I scribbled in my book and it's all fixed!

JazzyManda

• View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2004, 05:35:52 pm »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"

+

Rinse is excellent.

Sway is perfect too.

Paradise is dead on.

Paint It Black - I guess they used the sheet music that is in the................

Wanted - Absolute right

Amanda

woops i forgot to finish the PIB bit I went for ice cream came back and forgot about it  :roll:  :lol:

I would have to show you what i mean if only they had a piano on these boards :lol:  Pm me on AIM sometime and I will go into detail 8)

okay  :D

Amanda

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2004, 06:27:14 pm »
All I Can Say is that I quit piano, I had an abusive piano teacher...so I quit, my mom fired her, and now I hate piano...

:cry: I always wanted to learn too, I played for about 2/3 years, now I dont go near the piano.

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

JazzyManda

• View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2004, 06:30:24 pm »
Quote from: "Amanda-Panda"
All I Can Say is that I quit piano, I had an abusive piano teacher...so I quit, my mom fired her, and now I hate piano...

:cry: I always wanted to learn too, I played for about 2/3 years, now I dont go near the piano.

Manda

i've been playing for 3 months. my piano teacher is so nice.

Amanda

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
I noticed something..
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2004, 06:33:30 pm »
Hmm... PB isn't that hard. Just read the chords and play the parts that aren't the vocal parts. Worked well for me. As for ATM, I played something different for "Making my way downtown, walking fast..." too.

I play :

RH : B, A#, F#, G# twice

Instead of going down to E on the last note. *shrug* It sounds better, the second time, you do what they say.
Joe

Manda

• View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2004, 06:35:28 pm »
thanks for rubbing it in.

lol

I like taking all my rage out in Lacrosse, whacking people with my Lacrosse Stick, hitting them with the ball, tripping, kicking, just being an altogehter abusive player

*sighs* ahhhhhhhhhh....haha

Manda :twisted: (I'm a great L-Player, thats why I play right attack wing!!!)

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

JazzyManda

• View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2004, 06:36:44 pm »
Quote from: "Amanda-Panda"
thanks for rubbing it in.

lol

I like taking all my rage out in Lacrosse, whacking people with my Lacrosse Stick, hitting them with the ball, tripping, kicking, just being an altogehter abusive player

*sighs* ahhhhhhhhhh....haha

Manda :twisted: (I'm a great L-Player, thats why I play right attack wing!!!)

lol. i dont think i ever want to play you in lacrosse. lol

Amanda

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
I noticed something..
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2004, 06:39:25 pm »
Lacrosse is fun! (But not when playing against Amanda O_o)

The only transcription I am not happy with on BnN is Unsung. The piano part is just the intro. You can figure it out by listening.

-Joey

PS - Amanda-Panda, check your PMs.
Joe

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2004, 06:49:09 pm »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"
Vanessa - A Thousand Miles (Sessions @ AOL)

If u watch that vid u will see how to play "making my way..." :wink:

It goes like

RH:   B----A#--F#----E
        B-------- B------
LH:   E----F#--D#----E

that's what I think anyway and sometimes she does a double octave in the left hand too

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

JazzyManda

• View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2004, 06:52:13 pm »

It goes like

B-------- B------

that's what I think anyway and sometimes she does a double octave in the left hand too

it's odd...

*goes to watch vid*

Amanda

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
I noticed something..
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2004, 06:53:12 pm »

It goes like

B-------- B------

*will scan the scribblings later . . . *

Manda

• View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2004, 06:55:03 pm »
no one would want to play Lacrosse with me?

I'd be nice? lol

you know what thats a lie, in Lacrosse I am not a nice girly. Things get rough, wonderfully rough!

*rawr*

thanks for the sig, uh, Joey (I think thats your name), but I wont really be using it.

Manda

MyLifeIsLikeATM

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - wackyjacquie02@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VCandMrazHolic7
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic02
    • View Profile
I noticed something..
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2004, 11:21:02 pm »

+

Rinse is excellent.

Sway is perfect too.

Paradise is dead on.

Paint It Black - I guess they used the sheet music that is in the Rolling Stones book.

Wanted - Absolute right

wow, soo many things are wrong. thats so interesting.

What do u guys suggest i learn next? i know OD and Twilight

August 7th 2003, the best day of my life.