Author Topic: Underworld!  (Read 4208 times)

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
Underworld!
« on: January 08, 2004, 05:30:11 pm »
This movie rocks my socks!!

i love it.

Very good story,and amazing effects.

Scott Speedman is soo hot! :oops:

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 05:44:49 pm »
oh yeah, I want to see that one!

It looks really good!!!!

Kate Beckinsale is really purdy.

Manda :roll:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 09:03:23 am »
finally watched it over the weekend.....i thought it was friggen awesome.....cool cool movie....

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 10:11:00 am »
Dude, I can't believe I never made a thread about this movie!
I love it!!!
Much better than Blade 2 in my opinion...(well, Kate Beckinsale is <3, hehe)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Underworld!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 02:11:18 pm »
Holy batshit fatman!  This movie was TERRIBLE.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 02:04:10 pm »
I bought the dvd. Much better than either Blade.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 12:23:52 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
I bought the dvd. Much better than either Blade.

Do you even watch movies?  Seriously.  Underworld is one of the top 10 worst movies of all time.

First, they blatantly stole from White Wolf and got sued for it.  yay!

Then, the changed the parts about WW that made their stories cool.  oooookay.

Someone explain to me why it is that when you mix a vampire with a werewolf you get a black man.  WTF?!?

And explain to me why one minute the werewolves are bad ass and can kill like 8 vampires and the next they flee at every turn?

The characters were hollow, the acting was laugh out loud bad and the story was just WEAK.  The coolest part was the old werewolf and his love story which was like 2 minutes of the movie and he died like a bitch.

Not to mention the fact that the special effects were a JOKE.  WOLVES ARE BIG AND HAIRY.  The have thing elongated snouts.  So why exactly were the werewolves HAIRLESS and had JACKLE like snouts? They looked more like wererats to me.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 01:28:21 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Do you even watch movies?  Seriously.  Underworld is one of the top 10 worst movies of all time.

First, they blatantly stole from White Wolf and got sued for it.  yay!

Then, the changed the parts about WW that made their stories cool.  oooookay.

Someone explain to me why it is that when you mix a vampire with a werewolf you get a black man.  WTF?!?

And explain to me why one minute the werewolves are bad ass and can kill like 8 vampires and the next they flee at every turn?

The characters were hollow, the acting was laugh out loud bad and the story was just WEAK.  The coolest part was the old werewolf and his love story which was like 2 minutes of the movie and he died like a bitch.

Not to mention the fact that the special effects were a JOKE.  WOLVES ARE BIG AND HAIRY.  The have thing elongated snouts.  So why exactly were the werewolves HAIRLESS and had JACKLE like snouts? They looked more like wererats to me.

I DO watch movies and this one was good because, fyi, the budget for the movie was only $23,000,000.
And when you know that, the SFX look good for that budget.
Maybe the stealing is true, I don't know about that.
But I'm with Steve, it's much better than Blade 2.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 02:36:10 pm »
Just because I have a different opinion from you doesn't mean you have to attack my opinion. I'm not even going to defend my opinion to you because you're obviously too immature to handle differences in opinion.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 06:40:35 am »
Just because I have a different opinion from you doesn't mean you have to attack my opinion. I'm not even going to defend my opinion to you because you're obviously too immature to handle differences in opinion.

LOL.

Who's immature?  Did you even READ your own response?

"You hurt my feelings so I'm not talking to you anymore.  WAAAAAAHHHHH MOMMY!!!!"

If you disagree with someones 'opinion' then you should, in fact, attack that opinion.  That's like saying 'just because there are termites living in your woodwork doesn't mean you have to attack them'.  Sure.  I don't HAVE to.  But if I don't they will provide a CONSTANT annoyance to me.

Maturity has NOTHING to do with this discussion.  It's about you showing a severe lack of taste in declaring that underworld is a good movie.

Not that I am defending Blade 2.  But atleast it qualifies under the "cheesy action flick" clause and is, therefore, watchable.

Underworld doesn't even fit THAT qualification because the action SUCKED.

Have you ever checked the numbers on Underworld at the box office?  Even with a hottie like Kate Beckinsale in it, the movie TANKED.  I mean, Battlefield Eart style.  If THAT many people said it was THAT bad, how can you possibly defend your position?

If you had said "yeah, I know underworld sucks.... but for some reason I found it entertaining anyways" I would have shrugged and said "fine".  But you are trying to argue that it is a decent movie.  Which is just STUPID.

---Andrew

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 07:23:03 am »

black man?  i believe he looked more bluish....which is still kinda weird...

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 10:26:21 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"

black man?  i believe he looked more bluish....which is still kinda weird...

lol.  Ok.  Blue.  Either way, I was baffled.  One would think you would end up with a big giant werewolf that also has fangs and drinks blood.  But I guess that would have broken their meager FX budget.

If you can't do a movie like this right, then don't do it at all.

---Andrew

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 01:25:07 pm »

LOL.

Who's immature?  Did you even READ your own response?

"You hurt my feelings so I'm not talking to you anymore.  WAAAAAAHHHHH MOMMY!!!!"

If you disagree with someones 'opinion' then you should, in fact, attack that opinion.  That's like saying 'just because there are termites living in your woodwork doesn't mean you have to attack them'.  Sure.  I don't HAVE to.  But if I don't they will provide a CONSTANT annoyance to me.

Maturity has NOTHING to do with this discussion.  It's about you showing a severe lack of taste in declaring that underworld is a good movie.

Not that I am defending Blade 2.  But atleast it qualifies under the "cheesy action flick" clause and is, therefore, watchable.

Underworld doesn't even fit THAT qualification because the action SUCKED.

Have you ever checked the numbers on Underworld at the box office?  Even with a hottie like Kate Beckinsale in it, the movie TANKED.  I mean, Battlefield Eart style.  If THAT many people said it was THAT bad, how can you possibly defend your position?

If you had said "yeah, I know underworld sucks.... but for some reason I found it entertaining anyways" I would have shrugged and said "fine".  But you are trying to argue that it is a decent movie.  Which is just STUPID.

Again that's your opinion which means absolutely nothing to me. I'm just refusing to defend my opinion with the likes of you. I have better things to do than argue with you so nice try in starting something but I'm not reciprocating.

jjthefourth

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 50609941
    • MSN Messenger - jjthefourth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ConcordSix
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jjthefourth
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jjthefourth.com/
    • Email
Underworld
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 01:36:39 pm »
Milla Jovovich has a song on the soundtrack for this movie that is just awesome!  It's the sole reason I like the movie so much, just for that song.  It's called Rocket Collecting.  Soooooo good.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Underworld!
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 02:07:12 pm »
Again that's your opinion which means absolutely nothing to me. I'm just refusing to defend my opinion with the likes of you. I have better things to do than argue with you so nice try in starting something but I'm not reciprocating.

You know.  If you refuse to argue with me, the terrorists win.

even if you refuse to argue... it's still a shitty movie

---Andrew