Author Topic: i'm just wondering if someone could get your ip thru  (Read 4509 times)

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
i'm just wondering if someone could get your ip thru
« on: January 14, 2004, 09:36:54 pm »
instant messages?

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 01:31:07 am »
Yes.

Fairy

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilfairydotorg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 05:44:39 am »
wait.. What kind of instant messages? Cause.. I am scared of the internet.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 07:13:11 am »
your IP address is all over the internet.
dont worry about it.
and if you are worried, then get a virus protection thingy, like Norton Anti-Virus  :)

for example, if im not mistaken, your IP address appears on every post here on this very message board. (but only moderators can see it)
also i think ICQ has it so that if you have someone on your buddy list, it tells you their ip address.
im not sure how msn and yahoo messenger work :?
and im not sure how aim is now, but im sure there's people out there who create crazy software that you can download for aim that lets you hack into peoples aim and find out their ip address, i dont know.whatever :roll:

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 08:14:13 am »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
im not sure how msn and yahoo messenger work :?
and im not sure how aim is now, but im sure there's people out there who create crazy software that you can download for aim that lets you hack into peoples aim and find out their ip address, i dont know.whatever :roll:

The IM software is more or less irrelvant. If you want to communicate with another computer on the net, then they will be able to get your IP address easily. There is software that will spoof your IP address (i.e. make it appear to be something it isn't). But if you use that software, you will not be able to get any packets back so any Instant Message communication will be impossible (even if you only want to send messages).

The only time that they won't get your IP is if you are bouncing through a proxy or other gateway system. Then they will get the address of that system. (but the gateway will still have your IP)

-Kev

Fairy

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilfairydotorg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 08:18:25 am »
well, thanks to special special people, my comp has been 'condomized' so.. I guess I am safe. I can handle this :)

<3 y'all thanks

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 08:26:48 am »
Quote from: "Fairy"
well, thanks to special special people, my comp has been 'condomized' so.. I guess I am safe. I can handle this :)

<3 y'all thanks

That's unpossible.  Your PC can never be "condomized" because that would require nothing to be able to get in or out... which would prevent you from being on the internet.

Do you know what those "special" people did, exactly?
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 08:49:34 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

<3 y'all thanks

That's unpossible.  Your PC can never be "condomized" because that would require nothing to be able to get in or out... which would prevent you from being on the internet.

oMg!!!lo1ZR0f!!  Thats silly

What kind of idiot hacker is going to pick any of you, whats the chance someone decides..Oh lets hack some random persons computer and happens to get you.  ridiculous....Just dont go to stupid websites and click yes on every pop up and chances are you wont have any problems
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 10:14:16 am »

<3 y'all thanks

Lol Ralph - "Me fail english thats UNpossible" :lol:

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 10:17:36 am »
don't they also need a port number, the last computer I had the cd rom drive kept openin' and shuttin' and I heard voices in my speaker when I turned it up VERY loud and it was speakin' some foreign language + I got a audio message in my C:/ drive saying something about how humans only use 10% of their brain and if I join "them" I can use it all.

P.S This scared the absolute BEEJEEZUS oot of me and gave me the HEEBIEJEEBIES

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 10:21:37 am »
Quote from: "Scotty"
don't they also need a port number, the last computer I had the cd rom drive kept openin' and shuttin' and I heard voices in my speaker when I turned it up VERY loud and it was speakin' some foreign language + I got a audio message in my C:/ drive saying something about how humans only use 10% of their brain and if I join "them" I can use it all.

Well.... they don't need a port.  If they have you IP they can scan for open ports which is how the find ways in.  They find programs on your PC that are listening on open ports and have either no authentication setup or use a default or blank password.

For example, microsoft windows media player can open a port out on your PC and listen for command.  And if your admin password is set to blank then a hacker could easily tell media player to open wav files on the internet, open and close your CD-rom or save media files to your HD.

More likely, however, is that you just had/have a virus of some sort... the only reason a hacker would mess with your PC personally is if he or she needed the practice.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 10:29:46 am »
Ive decided to hack unsuspecting victims from the nessaholics forum today./......

So, anyone wanna fire up a conversation in AIM?
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2004, 10:35:12 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
Ive decided to hack unsuspecting victims from the nessaholics forum today./......

LOL!

No chance... :razz:  :wink:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2004, 03:09:58 pm »
Quote from: "Scotty"

Well.... they don't need a port.  If they have you IP they can scan for open ports which is how the find ways in.  They find programs on your PC that are listening on open ports and have either no authentication setup or use a default or blank password.

For example, microsoft windows media player can open a port out on your PC and listen for command.  And if your admin password is set to blank then a hacker could easily tell media player to open wav files on the internet, open and close your CD-rom or save media files to your HD.

More likely, however, is that you just had/have a virus of some sort... the only reason a hacker would mess with your PC personally is if he or she needed the practice.

That is so cool! *Wants to taunt his friends*

Quote from: "logikal X"

Can you open my disk drive?  8)

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2004, 03:18:31 pm »
hacking is not cool.(when it happens to you)