Author Topic: Explosions in Madrid  (Read 9788 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« on: March 11, 2004, 06:51:34 am »
a bunch of bombs went off killing over 170 people in Madrid this morning.....thats just terrible....not sure is anyone is from spain, i know nerea is, but not sure if from that area.....terrible....just terrible

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 07:08:24 am »
Nerea is alright- shaken though. Also, the possible perpetrators are ETA- a group fighting for the indepdence of the area she lives in. People there are surrounded by things like this all the time- but never things as big as this.

Nere, i hope you're alright. I know its frustrating and terrible.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 07:39:04 am »
Yup, just to say it has been confirmed that it is ETA- well the Spanish Government say it is anyway. Nerea, keep safe.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 07:41:57 am »
ugh i gave you my opinon in your journal neri - but - much love and protection from evil!

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 09:19:27 am »
Thanks guys. Brian, I am not from Madrid, but the people who carried out the attacks are Basque, like me, fighting for the independence of the region where I live, like Rosie said.

My classes this morning were all cancelled and I've spent the whole time phoning and texting my friends in Madrid to see if the were ok. One of them told me his school bus always goes past that station at that time, but today they were 15 min late  :?

It feels so frustrating. Terrorism has been going on where I live for a long time - almost 40 years now - and I have known people who were threatened by terrorists. It's something I can cope with to an extent, something I'm used to, but this has been different. It's such a huge attack I wasn't even sure it's ETA. I do believe it's them, some months ago the government caught ETA militants carrying bombs to Madrid, and they admitted they were planning an attack on trains, so it's most likely them. In any case, I'm totally confused, angry, frustrated, crushed.... I don't even know how I feel.

PS: If any of you is watching the BBC, they keep referring to ETA as a "seperatist" group. It's NOT! It's a f*cking TERRORIST group, there's no other way to call them! Trust me.

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 09:32:49 am »
Quote from: "neos"
Thanks guys. Brian, I am not from Madrid, but the people who carried out the attacks are Basque, like me, fighting for the independence of the region where I live, like Rosie said.

My classes this morning were all cancelled and I've spent the whole time phoning and texting my friends in Madrid to see if the were ok. One of them told me his school bus always goes past that station at that time, but today they were 15 min late  :?

It feels so frustrating. Terrorism has been going on where I live for a long time - almost 40 years now - and I have known people who were threatened by terrorists. It's something I can cope with to an extent, something I'm used to, but this has been different. It's such a huge attack I wasn't even sure it's ETA. I do believe it's them, some months ago the government caught ETA militants carrying bombs to Madrid, and they admitted they were planning an attack on trains, so it's most likely them. In any case, I'm totally confused, angry, frustrated, crushed.... I don't even know how I feel.

PS: If any of you is watching the BBC, they keep referring to ETA as a "seperatist" group. It's NOT! It's a f*cking TERRORIST group, there's no other way to call them! Trust me.

that really sucks....i hope things eventually get better.....like steph said, keep safe.....

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 10:01:56 am »
I heard that at work this morning, because it involved trains and train stations.
Nerea, be safe my dear!! I've been worried for you.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 11:03:34 am »
Awful... :(

Be safe Nerea *hugs*
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2004, 11:07:07 am »
*sigh* WHY must there constantly be violence everywhere?!

I'm glad you're okay Nerea.

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 01:43:49 pm »
there's not much i can say except that i'm praying that you'll be safe, and that everything will be okay!!!

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2004, 01:50:40 pm »
Thanks guys. I am ok, I am safe, I'm 400 km from where it happened. I just can't understand, Basque politics are really hard to understand anyway, this just adds up to it. Now they're saying it might have been Al Qaeda, and it just makes matters worse. There's general elections on Sunday and this could mean such a huge change in votes, it's so scary.

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

LimeTwister

Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2004, 01:53:48 pm »
wow, *sends thoughts to nerea*

I hope it turns out for the best.

Gina

• View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2004, 02:12:07 pm »
my thoughts/prayers are with you Nerea and your friends/family!

Take care hun, be safe.

:cry:
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2004, 02:16:20 pm »
Prayers to all the people in Spain. It must be a very difficult time indeed!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Laura

• View Profile
Explosions in Madrid
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2004, 03:59:27 pm »
Wow! Nerea I am glad your okay! I hope all your friends and family are okay too!

Be safe, i'll keep all you guys in my thoughts!