Author Topic: my parents r gettin divorced!  (Read 2690 times)

clairybeary88

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
my parents r gettin divorced!
« on: April 04, 2004, 11:00:18 pm »
i just found out not long ago, n i don't no wat 2 do! i'm so upset, i hav 2 move n i don't even no who i'm gonna liv wit  :cry:

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 10:15:47 am »
*hug* i feel your pain... my parents have been divorced for a long time but i remember how sad i was. don't worry though... you'll get through it eventually. PM me anytime if you wanna talk!!!

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 11:06:46 am »
ooh im realy sorry that is a realay hard thing to do i don't know personaly but I had a friend that was a devorcee she allways cried
im relay sorry :oops:
Peace
-S

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 11:13:27 am »
aww sorry to hear that

my rents got divorced but i was too young to remember anything, it must be ten times worse if u know whats going on

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 11:59:10 am »
It didn't affect me at all. I feel so out of place with other kids of divorcees because they're all depressed and shit and I'm like the kid who doesn't know what's going on and just smiles.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 12:28:22 pm »
aw hun i'm so sorry. my parents have been divorced since I can remember. I'm kind of like Cece, i'm happy that they're divorced. If they were still married, life would be miserable. Just remember that it's up to you who you want to live with, not your parents. And if you're not sure, then you can always do joint custody, and gradually make your decision. - i'm here if you need to talk

PIBby

• MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 12:32:45 pm »
Nobody asked me who I wanted to stay with. They assumed I wanted joint custody, regardless of the fact that my Dad lives where I've grown up, he lives closer to my school and in the same neighborhood where everyone I know lives. But I have to stay at my Mom's, sometimes, otherwise she gets pissed off.

It's all about money; it's true. The only reason either of my parents wants to have full custody of both my brother and me, is the other would have to pay child support. Sad times.

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 12:39:02 pm »
my dad lives about 260 miles away... and he pays child support every month, but alot of times it seems like he's not even there... he hardly ever calls and usually the only times i see him is when my gramma (his mom) drives to where he lives and takes me and my brother with her. he only comes to visit US about every 4 months. when he does come we all stay at my gramma's house... and she's seriously thinking of relocating to where he lives. so obviously that means i'll see him alot less than i do now because my mom doesn't want me and my bro traveling alone. but it's not really a big deal to me...

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 12:50:59 pm »
Quote from: "PIBby"
Nobody asked me who I wanted to stay with. They assumed I wanted joint custody, regardless of the fact that my Dad lives where I've grown up, he lives closer to my school and in the same neighborhood where everyone I know lives. But I have to stay at my Mom's, sometimes, otherwise she gets pissed off.

It's all about money; it's true. The only reason either of my parents wants to have full custody of both my brother and me, is the other would have to pay child support. Sad times.

i was too young when they got divorced for me to be included on the decision, but once i was older they pushed the fact that i was free to live with whomever i want. overally i'm happy with joint custody, it gets kind of crazy during the holidays, trying to figure out who i'm with and how long i'm going to stay at which house, but i'm so used to it it just seems normal to me. my dad pays child support anyways, but it's not a lot.

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 07:13:45 pm »
I've only seen my dad once since I was 12.

They got divorced when I was 8.

*shrug*
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 07:25:48 pm »
My biological parents divorced when I was 2.  Then the parents I grew up with, divorced when I was in my twenties.  I forget when in my twenties.  Edit: They were seperated for several years untill I had to resolve the B.S. that was going on during that span of time.  So I was the only person with the balls to step in.  I think I was 28 or 29.......erm...

tylor

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 09:20:52 pm »
Quote from: "PIBby"

Money , somehow, always becomes an issue...it realy sucks, even with parents like mine who have good careers and financial stability money seems to always be a problem, a reason for arguments. my parents have been divorced for a really long time and I see them both and they both have their own families ( I live with my mom, but she had to take jobs in other citys due to her carreer so i moved in with my dad, which was cool too) With time u will learn to ignore the discussions and issues between them. I had a friend who was always crying cuz her mom talked all these negative things about her dad,I think it's just horible when parents do that, so remember that good parents will try to avoid as much as possibe dissing the other parent 4 the kid, after all that's just low 2 put kid s between them. If that happens, just chill, and remember u don't have to pick a side, u don't need to pick the good or the bad one kk ;) U can like one more to live with, but that doesnt make the other one a bad parent :wink: