Author Topic: *Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree*  (Read 2031 times)

LimeTwister

*Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree*
« on: April 16, 2004, 05:12:49 am »
I don't think we have one of these.  This is not meant for an argument thread.  This is meant for a memorial/honor of both U.S. soldiers and other soldiers around the world.  So if you have family, friends, or someone that lives near you who is in Iraq or Afghan., then you can post them here.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Re: *Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree*
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 07:05:08 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
I don't think we have one of these.  This is not meant for an argument thread.  This is meant for a memorial/honor of both U.S. soldiers and other soldiers around the world.  So if you have family, friends, or someone that lives near you who is in Iraq or Afghan., then you can post them here.

Pst.  If you want to make a thread like this and NOT start a fight, I highly suggest you change your sig.  It's slightly inflamatory.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Re: *Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree*
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 07:49:06 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

Pst.  If you want to make a thread like this and NOT start a fight, I highly suggest you change your sig.  It's slightly inflamatory.

lol
It's about the thread, not the sig

Make another thread about Joe's siggie, lol
 :lol:

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

LimeTwister

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 08:28:12 am »
exactly what Si said...but I will post in this thread with out my wonderful sig!

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - Gfoster27@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RedDitty87
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 09:26:46 am »
Awww Joey, that is such a lovely idea! I know someone who makes this little stick that you put in the ground, and you wrap ribbons around. It's such a lovely idea.

xoxox

Thank so much for the sig Scotty!! <3 It's gorgeous!

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 02:07:29 pm »
Both my History teacher and neighbor's son came back from a 9 month tour. There's one guy, James Macintosh, who graduated from my  highschool who's still over there. A guy from a nearby town, Sidney, died in an ambush a week ago. There haven't been many yellow ribbons in my town, but i also live in a small town.

Steavis

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Steavis09@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - A+Name+Perhaps
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Steavis09@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 07:57:27 am »
You know, when I joined up with this board I was a normal civilian, and I intended to stay that way, but I ended up joining the military myself. When I was a civilian, stuff such as the yellow ribbons and the flag pins just seemed kind of cheesy, a way to say "I'm doing something" when really if you just looked at it from the outside only, it looks like it's the bottom of the pot; but now I'm here, even right now I'm in the barracks at Fort Sam Houston, MEDCOM in the middle of San Antonio in training to become a combat medic so that I can myself go with a unit potentially into a combat zone with the sole purpose of saving as many of the wounded people (our troops, their civilians and yes, their troops) as I can, and the more personally immersed you are into such a situation, the more the things that seem small mean when you look at them from the outside. Just take it as words from a soldier who is no different than you except the fact that they make me a)keep short hair b)wear boots and mostly camo cloths c)wake up at 4 am for physical training every day d)spend 9 hours or so a day in class on weekdays and e)eat less than perfect food daily.
Washington is a dreadfully awful place......this I've learned

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 08:00:52 am »
tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree...it's been 3 long years do you still want me...still want me...if I don't see a yellow ribbon round the old oak treeeee I'll get on the bus forget about us and put the blame on meeeeeeeeeee if I don't see a yellow ribbon round the old oak treeeeeee

I know that song only because it was on sclub 7 and...I memorized all there songs back in the day... :?
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night