Oprah
5 (22.7%)
I like both
5 (22.7%)
none of the above
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: April 19, 2004, 02:27:26 pm

Author Topic: whoopi vs oprah  (Read 4009 times)

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
whoopi vs oprah
« on: April 19, 2004, 02:27:26 pm »
i dont like none of them how about you? no offense but they annoy me sometimes
When i think oprah, i see chicken EVERYWHERE
When i think whoopi, i always question myself "how the hell did she become an actress"

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 02:33:23 pm »
whoopi!
 :D

tylor2000

• View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 02:34:46 pm »
I like both.  They are both sensible people.  There are things I don't like about them also, but only sometimes.  Like Oprah in the eighties, blah.  I like Oprah when she is just a person, not an ultrafeminist...or so it would seem sometimes.....

tylor

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 02:41:25 pm »
Oprah! She is one of the people in the entertainment business that I look up to the most believe it or not. Her, Britney, & Madonna.

Oh & I am watching Oprah as we speak  :)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 02:44:23 pm »
I like Oprah, sometimes... I enjoy watching her show from time to time.  Whoopi is cool in like...Sister Act haha but I don't particularly like her most other times.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 02:45:17 pm »
um, britney? did you hit your head on a rock?lol
that girl doesnt even have respect for herself etc.
how can you idolize her? pfffft.. sillinest

I think whoopi trys so hard to be funny, though she really isnt :?

Laura

• View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 02:52:47 pm »
Quote from: "xxjenniferxx"

What I am not allowed to idolize someone that I have respect for & look up to? I'm sorry I guess I won't idolize her anymore since everyone else thinks she sucks, & tells me I shouldn't like her. I'll just be like everybody else.

:roll:

tylor2000

• View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 03:19:18 pm »

I think whoopi trys so hard to be funny, though she really isnt :?

I think she looks up to her because she is a female role model who is successful.  

Sometimes I think the whole female sex has a superiority/inferiority complex.  A generalization, yeah....but I still ponder sometimes.  Just because she takes off her clothes doesn't mean she doesn't respect herself.  As long as she is herself and does what she feels is the right choice for her.  She seems not to have a problem with it.  What is the right way to display your sexuality?  That is only one way.  Some women feel liberated that way, while in other ways they feel like they are not.  As long as they are not forced or manipulated into it, I see no problem.  Sometimes I wonder if it is male sexuality is the one which is really suppressed in some ways, but not in others.  Think about it.  I find male and female sexuality is interconnected.  If you don't liberate one they are both suppressed in one way or the other.  In the fictitious book, "1984," it states something to the effect that female sexuality is the most easily manipulated.  That is the real danger in my opinion.  But the main character's sexuality, a male, is also supressed as well.  Basically, in the book pent up sexual tension is manipulated toward the ?ten minute? rage.

Anyway, the display of female sexual desires are connected to male sexual display and such.  I feel sexual ethics are somewhat polarized to sexual display for women and sexual desires for men.  Do you see what I mean?  But it wasn't always like that.  At one time, I'm sure, all sexual display was forbidden, physical display and display of desire.

tylor

Laura

• View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 05:05:53 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
I think she looks up to her because she is a female role model who is successful.

Yeah that is probably one of the main reasons. But I also look up to her for many other reasons also.

You know I can't stand when you fucking people (like Jen) critisize her. Before you critisize her maybe you should take a look at yourself. Maybe your just jealous that she's actually out there making it & you aren't doing as well as she is. Or maybe you just have nothing better to do than to critisize someone that you don't even know.

She's just a freaking human being like the rest of us! Only she's famous.

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 06:08:06 pm »
LMFAO..i am not jealous of britney or care how sucessful she is " right now"....

i am just telling it like it is...there are other people i rather idolize...me criticizing britney has nothing to do with jealousy,,,why would i be jealous?
why would i want to be like her? huh? Don't get me wrong, i don't dislike her and i dont think you need to be rich and famous in order to suceed in life..she is just one of those lucky people where many others have to struggle to get where she supposedly got..etc i guess since teeny boppers like you worship her is probably the reason why she is what she is today..... anyway i dont care what you say to me, i will speak what i feel ....and i don't care who you like really...

However what you said is the craziest thing i heard all day...lol
jealous pffft

p.s. though you cant expect everyone to like her btw

badsrx7

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 06:35:29 pm »
both.

Laura

• View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 08:26:51 pm »
LMFAO..i am not jealous of britney

You just keep saying that...

she is just one of those lucky people where many others have to struggle to get where she supposedly got..

Like she didn't have to struggle!? Are you fucking kidding me!? You did not just say that, if you knew something about her you would know she had to struggle a lot before she got big. Do a little research before you actually say something...

i guess since teeny boppers like you worship her is probably the reason why she is what she is today..... anyway i dont care what you say to me, i will speak what i feel ....and i don't care who you like really...

Teeny boppers? haha maybe other Britney fans can be teenyboppers but you don't know me at all...

And I know I can't expect everyone to like her, but you can't expect everyone NOT to like her & not say something when someone critisizes someone who they like.

I don't wanna argue anymore on the board, I'm done.

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
whoopi vs oprah
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 08:54:36 pm »
I am not jealous of her. I have no reason to be.  LOL
Yea but anyway you keep thinking that

1vcfan

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amb0431
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cocoa_covered_nut