Yes
8 (30.8%)
No
18 (69.2%)
What's that?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 26, 2004, 05:08:32 pm

Author Topic: Have you ever self mutilated yourself?  (Read 12357 times)

vt

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vt92490
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vahram924
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever self mutilated yourself?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 10:40:23 am »
Quote from: "PIBby"
Quote from: "prettybaby!"
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
Have you ever self mutilated yourself?

Of course not, don't be silly...I'd never do anything so repulsive.

People who do it can't help but do it. Just like alcoholism, drug, and prescription drug abuse . . . Once you start, you can't stop 'til you go to rehab with a bunch of bitches being over-paid because of your sickness. So, don't pretend like you're better than these people with no sense of self-discipline or restraint; they can't help themselves. It's normal to them, it's like brushing your teeth or showering or getting dressed, it fits in with the daily routine.

I was just kidding...I just like the word "repulsive."  I know there are people who do it and stuff.  And I didn't say I was better than them.

Fairy

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilfairydotorg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 11:08:53 am »
Well, Don't assume I haven't been through it, with friends, myself, or family.

I've been throught quite a lot.

Most of you are young, and you'll learn more a little later, I suppose. It's sad to see stuff like this, even topics like this.

*MAKES TEA.*

Anything can be a hobby. I swearaserre *swear* it.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 11:29:01 am »
Quote from: "Fairy"

Most of you are young, and you'll learn more a little later, I suppose. It's sad to see stuff like this, even topics like this.

*MAKES TEA.*

We're young? Is that your way of trying to say we're right? My dad has manic depression and had a breakdown when i was young- it personally insults me to see you make comments like 'go and get a hobby'.  Moreover, if 'you've been through quite a lot' (which i don't doubt) then i'd expect you to be far more understanding of the complex factors that are involved in mental illness and self mutilating. Argue all you like against it- but don't use 'you're young' as an excuse- its pathetic.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 11:33:51 am »
ok, i was wrong to assume that  you've never been through that kind of stuff, but your post didn't help....yes anything can be a hobby, but when you have something mentally wrong with you your decision of what's a good hobby can be different. everyone's different, we all handle situations differently....and we all need to just understand that. ok that sounded really corny, but hell it's the truth. i think it's very unfair for anyone to say that something is stupid when they don't know the situation. There are people in my school who proclaim the fact that they cut, who would fit under the category of attention starved. those people i know for a fact are not depressed and do it for attention. but there are others who cut because they are depressed, because they see no other option, and because they are going through something that no one of mental health can understand. that's just how it is, whether you agree with what they're doing or not.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2004, 11:36:08 am »
Most people who just do it because they are sad cut the top of their arms which is actually a relatively unsensitive area is something ive noticed.....IDK i never understood the whole cut yourself thing.  I cut my arm with a razor once when i was like 13ish for really no reason at all, still have a little scar, but whenever i get really mad i just tend to swear at things ;p
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 11:36:40 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

*MAKES TEA.*

We're young? Is that your way of trying to say we're right? My dad has manic depression and had a breakdown when i was young- it personally insults me to see you make comments like 'go and get a hobby'.  Moreover, if 'you've been through quite a lot' (which i don't doubt) then i'd expect you to be far more understanding of the complex factors that are involved in mental illness and self mutilating. Argue all you like against it- but don't use 'you're young' as an excuse- its pathetic.

i agree. age has nothing to do with whether you know about something or not....i was 14 when my best friend started cutting, does that mean that i didn't know what was happening? it made me grow up so much more, so i'd have to disagree with the you're too young argument. age means nothing, it's just what you experience. yes, experiences come with time, but some people experience things earlier than others.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 11:38:06 am »
im not joining the argument here but i do believe some people act depressed just for attention.
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 11:43:56 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
im not joining the argument here but i do believe some people act depressed just for attention.

just ask some of the people in my school  :roll:  cannot wait for graduation!

Fairy

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilfairydotorg
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 11:45:17 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"

Yea, I should make myself more clear, before people decide to hand me my ass.

Ya see, I totally understand being depressed, etc etc. All that hooplah(take offense, oh well).

But, the you're young part isn't directed at people who have serious problems. Some people can't help it, and I am aware of that.

but, I do not feel for people who do it for attention. I've been in institutions where people are hopsitalized for this sort of thing. I wasn't there for self mutilation, or trying to kill myself. I had a drug problem, and was unable to be in the other ward. I understand, so more of less the whole problem I see with it is if people use it to gain attention. No way am I going to be proud enough of cutting myself to do it so people can see, so that way I can bring up at the lunch table with my friends how "my mom saw my cuts"..

yea...

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2004, 11:52:39 am »
I do kind of get your point- people who go on about their depression when all they have is a bit of teenage agnst (that insults me too!) when people are going through real serious shit in their lives. However, what i don't agree with is the fact that a lot of the time attention seeking has a REAL reason behind it and you don't seem to see that.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2004, 11:54:26 am »
I've never cut myself... But, I suspect, like most other people that are down/depressed I've thought about it. And about comitting suicide etc.

I never actually did...but I always thought the people that had the 'guts to do it' were somehow the brave ones. It took me a while to realize, but now I see - those things are a cowards way out. The hardest thing about this world, is to live in it. And I'm determined to do that and do it well.

I'm officially no longer depressed - can you tell? :wink:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2004, 11:55:12 am »
lol i wish you had said this in the beginning :-P the people in my school who are all "hey look at my cut on my wrist isn't it cool!?!?" - yeah, they're not depressed, they're just annoying. i know they're not depressed, they know, everyone knows it, they just do it because they think they're goth. and it's annoying. and i take offense to it because, like you said, there are people who really are depressed out there. so i agree with you about people who do it just for shits and giggles.

but the people i know who've cut themselves because of depression have never been proud of their cuts, or even that ashamed...they accept them. my best friend even liked them. they were a comfort to her. this is something i will never understand...

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2004, 12:01:03 pm »
That reminded me of the end of UIACC - "Then it's over, in a flash. And I'll never, ever understand understanding in a car crash."

But yeah . . . The part about age, it really pisses me off (I kno Fairy didn't say this, but it just reminded me) when people try to hide things from people and shit or they think they won't understand because they're young. I mean, what is that? You know - I gew up with an alcoholic. I've experienced that, death, divorce, every form of loss, and there are so many people, probably the majority of US kids who have experienced the same if not WORSE than that, but people are still convinced that kids should be sheltered; but why shelter someone from the world when the problem is in their home? Ehhh . . .

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2004, 12:02:15 pm »
i love attention, im just to boring to ever really get much  :lol:

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2004, 12:07:22 pm »

excuse me? you're eighteen. newsflash: you're young, too. besides, several of us are the same age as you or only a year or two younger.
my best friend was thirteen when she started cutting herself, and i was TEN when i became clinically depressed. age is NOTHING. mental and emotional pain can be experienced at ANY age.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.