Author Topic: be careful about this...  (Read 4930 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« on: June 07, 2004, 09:30:51 pm »
I heard this story, and it's pretty scary, so I thought I'd give you all the heads up!

A woman went to her car and noticed that she had a flat tire. A nice looking man in a suit with a briefcase happened to walk by and offered her help to change the tire. He did and then he said his car was on the other side of the parking lot and asked if he would give her a ride. She said she would and she was about to leave when she realized he had put his briefcase in her trunk and she thought that was odd. So she said she forgot something in the store and ran in and said she'd be back. She went to get a security guard and when they came back the guy was gone. They opened the briefcase and found rope and duct tape. Also, there was no puncture in the tire, he had let the air out.

So... if you find yourself in the same position, be extra careful! You might want to call AAA and not trust strangers!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
be careful about this...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 09:37:05 pm »
Oh my side! There are some crazy mofo's in this world!

Thanks for the warning!

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

LimeTwister

be careful about this...
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 09:54:04 pm »
OR! learn how to change your own tire...people it's really simple!

Although, if you were in the middle of changing your tire and "he" came up behind you...or work until 10 or 11...you might want to check out your surroundings or have a friend come and "stand guard."

Anywho--if the story is true...I would say a few things.  If you have a weird feeling about a person DON'T TRUST THEM IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEM.  If they feel safe, still be a little cautious.  If they're in a suit and offering to change your tire....um just say no and say you'll wait for someone, come on, a suit?

Safety tips: 1) If it is dark out, park near a well-lit area.  Preferably near a lot of people.  2) If it is dark, you DON'T need the exercise...park close to the building.

LimeTwister

be careful about this...
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 09:56:45 pm »
DP.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
be careful about this...
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 10:02:58 pm »
That's interesting. People are weird, lol.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

vt

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vt92490
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vahram924
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 10:06:41 pm »
sick freaky bitches there are in this world.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 10:53:07 pm »
also, another thing to be careful about in parking lots... sometimes people hide under cars and slit people's ankles when they go to get in their cars.  8O

Yeah... just don't put yourself in the position to be alone in a parking lot or anywhere at night, it's just not smart at all! always have someone with you... and if you have to be alone and are scared, maybe call someone on your cell phone or something if anything.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 01:41:18 am »
Yeah, especially in the big city I'm very cautious about taking services from strangers like that.  For instance, back in 2002 for the two VC shows in SF one of my wheels on my bicycle was majorly dented up by someone.  Later in the same neigborhood someone offered to fix it for the most part for $10 dollars by a special method/trick.  I had no doubts he could fix it but I'd rather have had it still broken than to fall for a set up like that.  It's not like I was born yesterday.  You have to watch out for setups like that.

As for the people under cars, from me they would find a foot up their ass or tire marks on the same.  It's not like I would run them over or really hurt them but they would be very afraid I really would.

There really are sickos and scam artists out there.  Be careful or be ready.

tylor

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 05:04:26 am »
im sure theres plenty of kidnappers out there.......But seriously people slit ankles from under cars?  ouch, and what the hell does that do?
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 05:24:49 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
im sure theres plenty of kidnappers out there.......But seriously people slit ankles from under cars?  ouch, and what the hell does that do?

dunno the point of that.....but you should have to worry pete....you're car is so low to the ground.... :D

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 05:46:15 am »
uhm actually, my car is about an inch higher than a stock civic, but if anyone cut my ankle id use my good leg to stomp on their stupid hand, then i would lay down and kick them while they were stuck under my car....just seems like a dumb move to me
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 05:58:42 am »
uhm actually, my car is about an inch higher than a stock civic, but if anyone cut my ankle id use my good leg to stomp on their stupid hand, then i would lay down and kick them while they were stuck under my car....just seems like a dumb move to me

yep...........people are stupid..........we all know that...........

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 08:18:46 am »
ppl do worse things here....

They throw things at ur glass window so u`ll stop (cuz u can`t drive without looking at the road lol) and, when u do, they rob u and might do worse,
they also put things on the streets so ur tire will b flat and u`ll have to stop, and so goes on....
Nowadays u just can't be naive and trust anyone.If u have a flat tire, forget bout the damage to the car, but just go home with the tire that way and don't stop :wink:

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 02:27:02 pm »

yup, ive heard several stories.
and i know atleast if it happened to me i'd be shocked and it'd probably hurt so i couldnt run away as fast as i'd like. Which is probably what they want to catch you/rob you/rape you... whatever. There are some sick people out there, god knows what they're thinking, I don't even want to know.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
be careful about this...
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 04:12:42 pm »
lol...idk if they had a knife and they already cut me and they were underneath a car, its probably my only chance before they get out from underneat the car to sit down and kick haha....well if that happens to anyone...just kick them anyways, its worth it in the end