December/January
5 (17.2%)
Sometime in 2005 after January
2 (6.9%)
Never
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: July 12, 2004, 01:39:10 pm

Author Topic: When will Harmonium REALLY be released?  (Read 8996 times)

Xenophanes

When will Harmonium REALLY be released?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 05:25:23 pm »
Quote from: "prettybaby!"
Honestly....:(

I think the label's gonna drop her.  The album's never gonna come out.  Otherwise, MTV or VH1 or an any other music channel or radio would AT LEAST mention something about Vanessa.  But they didn't.  So that's why I'm not expecting a new album.

:(

:roll: You're such a pessimist...

Anyway, what I want to know is who changed the thread title? Because it started out as "when will White Houses be released?" so some of the original replies on the first page are referring to WH release date, not Harmonium....so the poll results are a bit off...just thought I'd mention that.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 06:15:03 pm »
Quote from: "Xenophanes"

I think the label's gonna drop her.  The album's never gonna come out.  Otherwise, MTV or VH1 or an any other music channel or radio would AT LEAST mention something about Vanessa.  But they didn't.  So that's why I'm not expecting a new album.

Okay, in all honesty, I am going to disagree with VT.

Vanessa's first album went platinum and she had the # 1 song of 2002. If the record company was smart, they wouldn't drop her. Most of the time, people who have platinum albums and huge hits don't get dropped.
Joe

badsrx7

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 07:27:24 pm »
Quote from: "loveplasticlove"
I'm starting to not even care.

true.
it's really ridiculous now.

LimeTwister

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 08:13:50 pm »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"

Vanessa's first album went platinum and she had the # 1 song of 2002. If the record company was smart, they wouldn't drop her. Most of the time, people who have platinum albums and huge hits don't get dropped.

It's A&M you're talking about...and if an artist is not releasing, then the label isn't making money...money talks.

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 08:45:28 pm »
Nevah! :p Probably in 2005 but if you're going to die if it gets delayed a couple of months...  :? It'll get here when it gets here.
It's not like a videogame or something. :/
Starbuck is mai waifu

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2004, 08:56:56 pm »
Anyway, what I want to know is who changed the thread title? Because it started out as "when will White Houses be released?" so some of the original replies on the first page are referring to WH release date, not Harmonium....so the poll results are a bit off...just thought I'd mention that.

Hmm that's funny, I could've sworn I typed "Harmonium"... oh well, maybe it's just my stupid brain.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

Xenophanes

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2004, 10:07:38 pm »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"

Hmm that's funny, I could've sworn I typed "Harmonium"... oh well, maybe it's just my stupid brain.

o_O Maybe I'm making the mistake then...I could have sworn it said "White Houses"...and Vulture was commenting on January referring to his earlier idea to "release it when people's houses really are white"?

vt

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vt92490
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vahram924
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2004, 11:19:02 pm »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"

Let me take you back a bit, to 1998/1999...

Billie Piper was HUGE in England.  She had four #1 hits from the same album.  Then when her second CD came out, she hit another #1 with the first single.  The second single reached the top 5 in the UK charts.  Then the third single basically flopped.  What happens? The label drops her.  I am really not trying to be negative, but look at the facts.  This has also happened to Vitamin C--her first label dropped her, she joined V2 Records and then they dropped her as well after only releasing one song.  Despite the fact that her debut album spawned three hit singles.  

And how can I forget about lovely Mandy Moore? Her first three albums sold well considering the fact that she was the last of the 'pop princess' crew.  When Coverage flopped (and don't say it didn't flop, Joey, cuz it did), Sony dropped her (even though she wants people to think she 'left' them).  

My point is, no matter how popular a song/album is, things happen.  Record labels are really stupid sometimes.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic.

LimeTwister

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2004, 08:22:46 am »
I hear yea...here's a clip of Patty's bio from pattygriffin.net

Quote from: "pattygriffin.net"
In early 2000, Patty went back into the studio to record "Silver Bell" which was to be released in September of 2000. She joined the Dixie Chicks on their "Fly" tour where she performed with her band. Concert goers received a 5 track promo CD for Silver Bell which had the following tracks:

1.   Let Him Fly ("Living with Ghosts" version)
2.   Tony ("Flaming Red" version)
3.   Silver Bell (brand new from "Silver Bell")
4.   Standing (brand new from "Silver Bell")
5.   Mary (recorded live at the Mint in L.A.)

Devoted fans waited and waited and September came and went. Word on the street was that the album's release date had just been pushed back. Unfortunately, in the Spring of 2001, Patty was dropped from her label, Interscope. As a result, "Silver Bell" never saw the light of day. Check out this article from the Nashville Rage to learn more.

It's a sad reality...and the only song ever played by Nessa anymore is ATM and it's been 2 years...she's almost forgotten...I don't care if you (the NESSAholics) want to except it or not...

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2004, 08:41:56 am »
Yup, its a really scary possibility. She says her label 'have been really good to her' but for how long? Ultimately their job is still to make money. Its just stupid pushing it back further and further, is 'perfection' worth sacraficing a career for? I don't think so.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Xenophanes

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2004, 01:02:45 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Its just stupid pushing it back further and further, is 'perfection' worth sacraficing a career for? I don't think so.

Well, I really doubt that it's her decision to push it back. She said in her last post that she was finished, and loved the way Harmonium sounded, so it would have to just be something at the marketing level. Right now I'm thinking A) random marketing stuff B) miscalculation as to when things can really be packaged and released etc. C) A&M heard the album and went  8O no no no and now they're discussing that...

I think that A) is the most likely reason, or perhaps a combination of A and B.

SimplyComplex

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GINABANDITA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2004, 04:55:57 am »
December or January
*bathed in afterglow*

nessaRox

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2004, 05:58:29 am »

Well well well!!!!
Now we DO have a release date.
OCT 19th

Voting in this poll should be useless now

nessaRox

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2004, 06:00:47 am »

OCT 19th!!!

How can the label drop her after a successful debut??? Think a little more before u post anything  :evil:  :evil:

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2004, 08:37:04 am »
Ok, I just HAD to bring this back...
For about a month or so, I was pretty sure that October would be the month of Harmonium... now I'm starting to have my serious doubts, after the "rumor".
sig & av by natalie, thank you!