Author Topic: Notorious B.I.G.  (Read 2888 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Notorious B.I.G.
« on: July 26, 2004, 12:23:16 pm »
You've got to be kidding me. One of the best rappers ever does not have a thread in here? Come on now. I should have noticed this by now and rectified it, but since I didn't, here we go.

I was watching that 22 Greatest MC's thing MTV2 did last year since they were showing it this weekend, and B.I.G. was #2. I still think he is better than Tupac, but that is just my own opinion. Anyway, Biggie was awesome. R.I.P. Christopher Wallace, we miss you.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
Re: Notorious B.I.G.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 03:44:52 pm »
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"
You've got to be kidding me. One of the best rappers ever does not have a thread in here? Come on now.
Now Brian, you know Biggie was before rap/hip-hop got popular in White Suburbia  :wink:  

I was watching that 22 Greatest MC's thing MTV2 did last year since they were showing it this weekend, and B.I.G. was #2. I still think he is better than Tupac, but that is just my own opinion. Anyway, Biggie was awesome. R.I.P. Christopher Wallace, we miss you.
Eh, Biggie was alright. I don't think he was the greatest rapper ever *prepares to duck flying objects* But then again, I didn't really care for TuPac either *prepares to dodge bullets*

I did buy Life After Death when it came out, and I did enjoy it. The best tracks were "Another" with Lil' Kim, "Fuck You Tonight" with R. Kelly, and "Nasty Boy"

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
Notorious B.I.G.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 04:51:12 pm »
I think there was a thread......but anyways, for whatever my opinion is worth he was the best that ever touched a mic..period

danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Notorious B.I.G.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 08:00:09 pm »
Quote from: "superscientific"
I think there was a thread......but anyways, for whatever my opinion is worth he was the best that ever touched a mic..period

danny

I thought there was too... but for the life of me when I searched, I could not find it. I think it might have been in Off Topic though?
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 08:01:29 pm »
Quote from: "keith"
You've got to be kidding me. One of the best rappers ever does not have a thread in here? Come on now.
Now Brian, you know Biggie was before rap/hip-hop got popular in White Suburbia  :wink:  

Eh, Biggie was alright. I don't think he was the greatest rapper ever *prepares to duck flying objects* But then again, I didn't really care for TuPac either *prepares to dodge bullets*

I did buy Life After Death when it came out, and I did enjoy it. The best tracks were "Another" with Lil' Kim, "Fuck You Tonight" with R. Kelly, and "Nasty Boy"

I've liked Biggie for a long time  :wink:. And you are entitled to your opinion on the artists, so that is cool. You've peaked my interest though, who do you think is the best rapper?

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 07:16:10 am »
I've liked Biggie for a long time  :wink:. And you are entitled to your opinion on the artists, so that is cool. You've peaked my interest though, who do you think is the best rapper?
I'm not really into rap these days,it's all so redundant.

I liked 90s rap, that's all I listen to if I do listen to it, as for the best, I'm gonna say Dre.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 07:55:35 am »

I liked 90s rap, that's all I listen to if I do listen to it, as for the best, I'm gonna say Dre.

Not a bad choice. You could argue that Dre, like Big and Pac had a very large impact on the rap community with his skills.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 09:07:28 am »

I love 90's rap. One of my favorites songs was "Today was a good day" by Ice Cube.

8)

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar