Author Topic: Dashboard Confessional  (Read 27943 times)

snapple936

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snapple936
    • View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2004, 07:28:35 am »
concert tonight!!! i'll try to take pics for you dashboard fans out there. wish me luck!

kelley

ps anyone want me to call them during the show? pm me your number and i'll let you listen along
...i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun, you know that only the good

snapple936

• View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2004, 07:21:11 am »
show last night= incredible.

it was just chris and he played a lot of new songs (three new ones), a good amount from "a mark a mission a brand a scar" and some really great old tunes... the highlights for me were "best deceptions" and "brilliant dance" because those two songs were really the two that have changed and defined my life.  
straylight run was the opening band, they were amazing as well- i was very impressed with the harmonies they presented, but the girl in the band was too close to the microphone and her words were muddled. other than that, i was very impressed.

great night, great concert!
:-)

kelley
...i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun, you know that only the good

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2004, 02:55:26 pm »
yay, glad you had a great time!  :D  I'd looove to see them live!
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2004, 03:18:07 pm »
Oooh did you go to the UCONN show with SLR?

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2004, 03:19:15 pm »
*Duh* i went back and read over your post again :-P that's awesome you go to see SLR, i'm very jealous!

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2004, 10:12:40 pm »
aww! i wish i would have seen this sooner, i would have liked to hear some songs =(
im glad you got to go though!!
i want to see pics!!
is it true that chris played the piano??
im like a die hard fan and i NEVEr knew that he played.
aww and how was johnny? i love that guy.
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

snapple936

• View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2004, 08:30:43 pm »
hey! i never saw that reply, sorry.  yes it is true that he played the piano, he said it was his first concert playing the piano alone and that he was nervous.. but it was incredible nonetheless. the new music is absolutely heartbreaking yet wonderful.. i wish i could have recorded it to share but they were reallly realllly strict at uconn about camera, cell phone and recording policies.  they checked each cell to see if they had cameras.. it was nuts.

anyway, it was an awesome concert! i wish i could have let you hear them too.. maybe next time? :-)

kelley

snapple936

• View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2004, 10:27:46 pm »
new song- "vindication" for the spiderman 2 soundtrack.. anyone heard it? i don't know if i like it yet. hmmm.

kelley

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2004, 09:34:20 am »
i like it :-) i still maintain that Chris has sold out, but it happens :-P

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2004, 10:14:14 pm »
Our local rock station has been playing Vindicated for about a month, and I've loved it since I first heard it.

A couple weeks ago, the pop station played it on their battle thing, and it won 5 nights to be retired.

My friend Bryan was loving the song too, so I decided to get ahold of the whole latest album even though Vindicated wasn't on it. I downloading the whole album before camp, and we listened to it while we were there. It's awesome! Also while I was there, I saw the video and it was pretty damn cool! Me and Bryan both have copies of the "A mark, A Brand..." CD with Vindicated as a bonus track and listen to it alot! Although sometimes the 'whinny'ness is annoying  :cry:

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2004, 08:53:08 pm »
:o  Dashboard is coming to my college November 16th.

Hello front row, my name is jessica.

i can't wait! and Gina - you have to come!

aaghhh i wish i had joined the Big Events Committee at the beginning of the year so i could mingle with the band and have Chris Carraba's love child....i mean hang out with them in the most appropriate of ways. :razz:

aaahhhhh i can't wait i can't wait i can't wait!

dconfessional

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - courtney53190
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mediaroach.com/courtney
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2004, 01:39:14 pm »
Dashboard Confessional is and, I think, will always be my favorite band. They're so different and inspiring.
I'd have to say my favorite song by Dashboard is Hands Down. It was Chris Carrabba's first happy song! But I've got some runner-ups:

5. Bend And Not Break
4. Several Ways To Die Trying
3. Swiss Army Romance
2. The Best Deceptions
and
1. Hands Down

I love Chris's original albums. They seem more... personal, open. But, yet, I love A Mark A Mission A Brand A Scar because it's more organized.
Yes, I think Chris is hott. Yes, I think I'm going to marry him. But, the truth is: No, I am not going to marry him. I know most of the stories behind his songs. I know he's had many relationships, and the last time I checked, he's not single.
Anyway, I encourage anyone who doesn't listen to them, to give Dashboard Confessional a try. You feel connected to them, and that was Chris's goal.
I guess he succeeded.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2004, 08:09:31 pm »
sooo the concert was awesome! he played all my favorite songs except for Turpintine Chaser, but This Brilliant Dance was sooooooo awesome that it made up for it!

snapple936

• View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2004, 08:14:58 pm »
aww i wanted "Turpentine chaser" SO bad at the two shows i went to! that's the most amazing song ever. isn't dashboard incredible live? was it the full band? glad you had a good time!!!

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Dashboard Confessional
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2004, 08:47:53 pm »
Quote from: "snapple936"
aww i wanted "Turpentine chaser" SO bad at the two shows i went to! that's the most amazing song ever. isn't dashboard incredible live? was it the full band? glad you had a good time!!!

it was just Chris, but i thought he was amazing. I was screaming for Turpintine Chaser so loud but he must not have heard me :-P