Author Topic: Did someone really "leak" Harmonium?  (Read 24444 times)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Did someone really "leak" Harmonium?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2004, 05:34:15 am »
I really get your point Tricia but I would have to wait at least a fortnight more than everyone to get the CD. Its so painful seeing everyone write about how great it is, and how they queued up for hours to get it- so this is reassurance for me, and i'm sure many other overseas fans. But you can guarantee i'm buying at least 2 copies in the first week anyway.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2004, 05:39:29 am »
I feel bad for her.

That's all.  

I haven't listened yet, and I think I might not.

I just want to pop the finished product in to my big stereo and immerse myself.

I've waited really since 4/30/02.  Two more months won't kill me.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2004, 05:46:15 am »
Yeah, i feel bad for her too- because its not even her fault it got pushed back so much. I just hope it'll be a success anyway. Hmmmm.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Now Found!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bionicledwarf
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2004, 05:59:20 am »
I agree with Tricia that it's disrespecting Vanessa, but I know for a fact i'll be buying atleast 3 copies of Harmonium so it's more like a preview i guess.  A & M shouldn't have released a leak if they didn't want it heard.  You all remember BNN, those of you who were around, it was leaked a week early at most and I waited as did most of you which is where I agree with Kevin 2 months is 2 months and that's just bull! If the cd is ready release it, why make people wait!

Mike
The one and only Lostdwarf
.........the one and only!

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Re: Did someone really "leak" Harmonium?
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2004, 06:04:12 am »
Quote from: "tricia"
Quote from: "Manda"
their is a thread on the VCMB that you can download the files, convert them, and listen to them.

If its true its AWFUL!  :evil:

I'm rather disappointed as well.

Put yourself in Vanessa's shoes.  Yeah, I'm sure she'll be happy that we all like it, but we all basically totally disrespected her by downloading it and listening to it before she was ready to have it released.

*shrug*

I realize I'm in the minority of course...whatever

I totally understand what you're saying, Tricia. But at the same time, I agree with BV. The album IS ready to be released, and Nessa has apologized for the delays and it seems as if she was perfectly content with the October date. I don't think downloading the songs is disrespecting her AS LONG AS you purchase the album when it comes out. Unfortunately, we know the Nessaholics will all do this, but the general public is a completely different story. Poor Nessa... It really sucks. I could've waited if there wasn't a leak (I'd HAVE to, of course, but I'd've been patient and all that) but I'm too weak not to download it... I just hope this doesn't destroy the chances of success :(
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2004, 06:06:23 am »
Mike, I doubt A&M purposely put out a leak.

That's not usually their goal...

DutchNessaHolic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton2003.tk
lol
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2004, 06:08:35 am »
someone else said that BNN was leaked early aswel , that has never been an obstacle if you look at how well it did

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: lol
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2004, 06:12:05 am »
Quote from: "DutchNessaHolic"
someone else said that BNN was leaked early aswel , that has never been an obstacle if you look at how well it did

Not entirely true.  It was released one week early for the "street team" to stream on the internet.  The street team 1) wasn't well known so most people *who weren't obsessed with the VCMB* didn't know about it 2) didn't offer mp3s and 3) only put out the leak a week early.

One week and two months are two totally completely different things.

And the fact that it was Vanessa's own official street team putting out the stream is also a bit of a difference.

Whatever.

I'm not trying to change anyone's minds, I'm just pointing out what I feel should be pretty damn obvious.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2004, 06:13:30 am »
DISCLAIMER : I am going straight from school *shakes fist at school* to Best Buy. I am going to buy 3 copies.

EDIT : If you are one of these people who want to wait and are all anti-leak, don't read this. Yeah, I feel really bad for her, and I'm mad at myself for downloading it, but it SHOULD have been released September 21st, so I am mad at the label for continually pushing it back.

Anyway, CLV is my new favorite song! AHHHH, I didn't like it very much at all before, but they pimped it, and it rocks! I know a few people disagree, but I have fallen in love with it.

Private Radio also owns. I hope this is the 2nd single.

White Houses.... well duh.

Afterglow rox0rs teh big one!!!!111

She Floats is long and kinda boring, but I love it anyway. The screaming in the middle was just reeeeeally uncalled for.

Papa sounds the same... I am kinda mad that they didn't add orchestration at all. But it's still my favorite Vanessa song EVER.

Winter rocks. End of freaking story.

That's the only songs that I have REALLY familiarized myself with.
Joe

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2004, 06:16:44 am »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"
I am going straight from school *shakes fist at school* to Best Buy. I am going to buy 3 copies.

Anyway, CLV is my new favorite song! AHHHH, I didn't like it very much at all before, but they pimped it, and it rocks! I know a few people disagree, but I have fallen in love with it.

Private Radio also owns. I hope this is the 2nd single.

White Houses.... well duh.

She Floats is long and kinda boring, but I love it anyway. The screaming in the middle was just reeeeeally uncalled for.

Papa sounds the same... I am kinda mad that they didn't add orchestration at all. But it's still my favorite Vanessa song EVER.

Winter rocks. End of freaking story.

That's the only songs that I have REALLY familiarized myself with.

I agree with the first four statements (well, five, if you count Best Buy), but Papa I'm seriously disappointed in... It sounds the same only not as good. It would've be SO fucking sweet if she would've added like a string ensemble. And Winter I'm not really digging but we shall see.
C'est la Vie. Is. Amazing. I LOVE what she did with it.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • Now Found!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2004, 06:22:40 am »
your right Tricia and i just realized that, why would A & M try to hurt Van.  No matter how you look at it, it's horrible it was releaed like this, But I mean once again as Kev said it's ready to be released, maybe this will teach A & M to be more precise in when they want to target a high selling album, and release it when it's ready.  I mean there's nothing anyone can do now, it's leaked and we'll just have to see what happens

Mike

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2004, 06:25:30 am »
Quote from: "LostDwarf"
your right Tricia and i just realized that, why would A & M try to hurt Van.  No matter how you look at it, it's horrible it was releaed like this, But I mean once again as Kev said it's ready to be released, maybe this will teach A & M to be more precise in when they want to target a high selling album, and release it when it's ready.  I mean there's nothing anyone can do now, it's leaked and we'll just have to see what happens

Mike

I say we hunt down whoever the hell did it... :twisted:
I hope none of y'all get me wrong. I downloaded the album but I completely agree that this whole situation is horrible.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2004, 06:25:38 am »
Well, like I said, it's just an opinion.

Industry bullshit or not.

Maybe this will force an early release like with all those freaking hiphop albums that get leaked.

Plus, with the leakage, I know a lot of fans aren't going to be concerned with buying the album right when it comes out, which means lower first week sales.   BnN debuted at 5, I just think this leak hurts her changes of surpassing that.

I, on the other hand, plan to be first in line to get the CD regardless, but I know a lot of people aren't freaks like me

I think people will still buy it....doesn't come with that DVD??  people would buy it cause it comes with that....

but it does suck it was leaked....

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • Now Found!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2004, 06:27:33 am »
Something weird came to mind when I heard Private Radio, i've heard it before.  It was at the 4/27/03 show.  Me and Katia snuck into the warm up rehearsal and she played maybe like a minute and half of Private Radio, it was a lil different but had the badha bah in the beginning thats how i remembered it.  I'm soooooooooo glad it made the album!  :D

Mike

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2004, 06:29:25 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
Well, like I said, it's just an opinion.

Industry bullshit or not.

Maybe this will force an early release like with all those freaking hiphop albums that get leaked.

Plus, with the leakage, I know a lot of fans aren't going to be concerned with buying the album right when it comes out, which means lower first week sales.   BnN debuted at 5, I just think this leak hurts her changes of surpassing that.

I, on the other hand, plan to be first in line to get the CD regardless, but I know a lot of people aren't freaks like me

I think people will still buy it....doesn't come with that DVD??  people would buy it cause it comes with that....

Assuming the public cares about that... If they're not really familiar w/V they could probably give two shits...
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way