Author Topic: Did someone really "leak" Harmonium?  (Read 24435 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Did someone really "leak" Harmonium?
« on: September 28, 2004, 08:09:15 pm »
their is a thread on the VCMB that you can download the files, convert them, and listen to them.

If its true its AWFUL!  :evil:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 08:18:43 pm »
Why is it awful? I'm quite happy about it. :) I'm an impatient mofo.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 08:19:31 pm »
umm, yeah.  they did.  and we like... uhh, all have the songs now.  i admit, i DLed them... and they are awesome.

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Did someone really "leak" Harmonium?
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 08:22:25 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
their is a thread on the VCMB that you can download the files, convert them, and listen to them.

I'm rather disappointed as well.

Put yourself in Vanessa's shoes.  Yeah, I'm sure she'll be happy that we all like it, but we all basically totally disrespected her by downloading it and listening to it before she was ready to have it released.

*shrug*

I realize I'm in the minority of course...whatever
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

emmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 08:26:43 pm »
Quote from: "tricia"

Put yourself in Vanessa's shoes.  Yeah, I'm sure she'll be happy that we all like it, but we all basically totally disrespected her by downloading it and listening to it before she was ready to have it released.

Dont get me wrong, I felt really bad DLing the songs.  It just felt wrong.  But if they were there, I just couldn't resist NOT downloading them.  I mean, I could have waited till the album came out, but I would have bought the thing no matter what, so I don't really see the difference, at least in my case.

It just really sucks if people are just going to download the thing and not buy it.  In that respect, having the album online is horrible.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 08:30:30 pm »

It was ready to be released a week ago Sept 21, then label pushes it back 2 month for what they think will be better sales strategy which in truth hurts the CD more than helps (its up against Brit & eminem for fuck sake). CD was done, put it out. So instead the leaks are put out on time, while we wait for the CD Nov 9th.

When leaks arrive like a week before a CD streets, I'll hold off till I have the real thing, but 2 months is just industry bullshit.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 08:32:58 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"

I'm rather disappointed as well.

*shrug*

I realize I'm in the minority of course...whatever

I think it's disrespecting her if you don't intend to buy it when it's released but since everyone here intends to I don't think it is. I'm pretty sure she'd probably want it out earlier than later but the label dictates that too. I haven't listened yet but I'm just worried I'm gonna wet myself if I do so it's a hygiene issue with me. I'm probably going to listen to one track a day like most crack addicts.  :lol:

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 08:36:49 pm »
Well, like I said, it's just an opinion.

Industry bullshit or not.

Maybe this will force an early release like with all those freaking hiphop albums that get leaked.

Plus, with the leakage, I know a lot of fans aren't going to be concerned with buying the album right when it comes out, which means lower first week sales.   BnN debuted at 5, I just think this leak hurts her changes of surpassing that.

I, on the other hand, plan to be first in line to get the CD regardless, but I know a lot of people aren't freaks like me
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

emmy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 08:37:13 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
I haven't listened yet but I'm just worried I'm gonna wet myself if I do so it's a hygiene issue with me.

Rofl!

Maybe this will force an early release like with all those freaking hiphop albums that get leaked.

An early release?  That would be nice :)

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 08:39:41 pm »
*drools*
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 08:41:37 pm »

I, on the other hand, plan to be first in line to get the CD regardless, but I know a lot of people aren't freaks like me

Dude, 12:03 am. I still have my receipt from 4/30/02!!

emmy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 08:45:14 pm »

I dont know about that... I know I am going to be one of those crazies in line... I've already been trying to figure out where the closest CD store is (say yay for UConn being in the middle of nowhere!) and how the heck I can get there (and bigger yay for having no car!)...  I swear, I've been like begging people with cars to take me to get it, I will pay them!  I will do favors for them!  Be their slave forever!

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2004, 09:00:18 pm »
Quote from: "Emily"

I dont know about that... I know I am going to be one of those crazies in line... I've already been trying to figure out where the closest CD store is (say yay for UConn being in the middle of nowhere!) and how the heck I can get there (and bigger yay for having no car!)...  I swear, I've been like begging people with cars to take me to get it, I will pay them!  I will do favors for them!  Be their slave forever!

lol i don't have a car either Em, and Elmira is ghetto so i don't walk anywhere by myself, so i usually just beg someone i know with a car to have them take me places :-P I already have my ride lined up though :razz: when i was meeting people on the floor i would look at their cds (if they had them out) and one girl had BnN, so i asked her right then if she would take me to get Harmonium, lol

emmy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 09:10:11 pm »
lucky you!  i dont know too many people that like vanessa and have a car as well.  well, i dont know too many people that have a car, period.  my one friend that actually does, is totally convinced that the beginning of white houses sounds like a little kids song... but I dont know, i might still be able to convince her to take me, with a lot of begging and a little bit of i'll pay you money to take me, hahaha.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2004, 09:12:12 pm »

I will be at Best Buy 10am like "Holla!" like I did with Hotel Paper, even though we got that early, too. LOL.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...