Author Topic: Piano music for the songs on Harmonium...  (Read 286912 times)

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Piano music for the songs on Harmonium...
« Reply #450 on: April 21, 2005, 08:37:45 pm »
Quote from: "VanessaPiana"
Quote from: "Dancernl"
Quote from: "VanessaPiana"

y'all probably think that i'm dumb when it comes to the knowledge of piano chords,

no, will just likes to show off because he thinks he knows everything.  :wink:

Welcome to the boards!

*claps hands emphatically*  :) thank you! thank you! yeah, i know. had me feelin' a little bad about myself for not knowing what key the song, PAPA was in. it's just a stupid song, so it's only a trivial matter.  :roll: i just goofed, that's all, and i corrected it.  :wink:

Well she DID post what key the song was in in the same post that has the music. :?
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

VanessaPiana

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #451 on: April 23, 2005, 10:23:45 am »
i didn't know that. the other day i went to a website that displays piano chords, and when i found out what the Eb Dorian scale was, it looked the same as B Major. can someone help me out here, b/c this is confusing. :?

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 23, 2005, 02:53:43 pm »
Eb dorian will share the same key signature as Db Ionian (not B). The difference is the tonic, or key center. Just play the standard Db major (Ionian) scale. Then play the same scale, except start and end on Eb instead of Db. You'll get a different feel. It has a minor touch.

An example you're probably more familiar with is C Ionian/A Aeolian. If you play from C to C with no sharps and flats, you get a standard Ionian major scale. If you play from A to A with no sharps or flats, you get a totally different sound. You now have a minor (Aeolian) scale. Yet, the key signature is the same in both examples. By changing where you center the music, you can create different moods.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Bethany

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BethJean3585
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 23, 2005, 05:03:21 pm »
ah! i HATE music theory. and i mean i loath it. i love to not have to be accountable to remember modes, displacements, and all that stuff anymore. my teacher used to quiz me on every single scale for 4 octaves from memory as a warm up. and i mean everything from g major to f auxiliary diminished he was a slave driver! lol
All I have for the moment, is a song to pass the time

VanessaPiana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #454 on: April 24, 2005, 11:35:12 am »
Quote from: "em one twenty-five boy"
Eb dorian will share the same key signature as Db Ionian (not B). The difference is the tonic, or key center. Just play the standard Db major (Ionian) scale. Then play the same scale, except start and end on Eb instead of Db. You'll get a different feel. It has a minor touch.

An example you're probably more familiar with is C Ionian/A Aeolian. If you play from C to C with no sharps and flats, you get a standard Ionian major scale. If you play from A to A with no sharps or flats, you get a totally different sound. You now have a minor (Aeolian) scale. Yet, the key signature is the same in both examples. By changing where you center the music, you can create different moods.

i'm sorry, it didn't look like B Major it was Db Major. i made a mistake. i checked back with the Digital Piano Chords website and found that i had been wrong. it's Db Major. that's what it looked like to me. then i looked very carefully at Vanessa's performance of PAPA on Sessions@AOL, and it seemed like the same thing. it just sounds slightly different, you know with a touch of minor in it.

Sharona PianoBea

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • PianoBea Music
« Reply #455 on: April 25, 2005, 07:05:36 pm »
em125 boy said it just right.

Keep at the music theory, people! You may someday play and compose like Vanessa Carlton!  8)
"We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

www.pianobea.com
www.yoursharona.com

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 27, 2005, 09:57:03 am »
i printed out afterglow and the first page of papa today to try and master those. afterglow is a piece of cake lol but man papa is really hard. hopefully it will get easier.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

VanessaPiana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #457 on: April 28, 2005, 01:00:15 pm »
i can see that you're fan of Hanson. well, guess what? i am, too, and have been since the beggining.

anyway, i think that learning AFTERGLOW will be a breeze to me, but PAPA's a different story.

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 28, 2005, 01:40:44 pm »
yes i love hanson!  :D

im getting better at papa. im just gonna practice it every day and i will have it memorized and perfect all in good time. yay.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

Pyro

• AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 29, 2005, 05:02:32 pm »
Sorry I've been away so long. I got involved in my school play, which was loads of fun, but left me absolutely no free time.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've perfected "Half a Week Before the Winter" now. I'll get started writing it down, but can anyone tell me what programs I can use to make sheet music?

beerto

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 29, 2005, 06:23:46 pm »
Does anybody have Birdie?????? please!!!!  8)

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #461 on: April 30, 2005, 05:44:38 am »
Quote from: "Pyro"
Sorry I've been away so long. I got involved in my school play, which was loads of fun, but left me absolutely no free time.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've perfected "Half a Week Before the Winter" now. I'll get started writing it down, but can anyone tell me what programs I can use to make sheet music?

Finale, you can download a demo version but to get the sheets you'll have to use the PrtSc key on your keyboard to take screenshots.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Pyro

• AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 30, 2005, 10:00:42 am »
Cool, I'll get right on that then. Thanks. :)

carachan

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 01, 2005, 03:32:51 pm »
Someone do Little Mary!  lmao  I've been trying to figure this out for AGES but...I've given up.  I suck at figuring out music...  Anybody?  Please?  I'll love you forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever........

maag

« Reply #464 on: May 03, 2005, 10:27:37 am »
I only have piano solo for Little Mary, but I hope you like it.