Author Topic: The Wreckers  (Read 52366 times)

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
The Wreckers
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2005, 08:55:53 pm »
What's wrong with their forum?  I've never been on it... :?:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

morningsting

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - morningsting
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - morningsting3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/morningsting
    • Email
The Wreckers
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2005, 12:49:51 am »
They have A LOT of rude ass people there.
It's quite unnecessary,
And frankly,
I was sick of people b!tching at me all the time for my opinion!!
I mean,
It's got a nice layout and all,
It's just some of the people there aren't the greatest...

I feel like a shadow walking behind who you think I am...
don't feed me lines about some idealistic future

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Wreckers
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2005, 07:12:48 pm »
Michelle Branch & Jessica Harp ''The Wreckers'' will perform I'm Feelin' you
with the legendary Carlos Santana this FRIDAY 10/28 on CBS Early Show !!
I'm Feelin you is the first song off All That I Am, which will be
in-stores November 1st.

Michelle was on one of those late night shows last night with Carlos. It was past my bedtime so I missed it. Was Jessica not there or did they just not use her name?

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
The Wreckers
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2005, 08:21:42 am »
Ugh.  They never send those newsletters out in time!  I got mine this morning when I was at work--too late.   :(
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

The Wreckers
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2006, 08:20:56 am »
There is a video message from Jess and Michelle on Myspace.  Michelle says the first single is going to be "Leave the Pieces" and Jess confirms that the album is coming out in May.

They said the single is going to be released through country radio.  To me, "Leave the Pieces" is the most Michelle sounding song on the album (or at least that's what it sounded like live).  So I guess it makes sense that that's the first single.  It's probably the most marketable song, and not that "Leave the Pieces" is bad, because it's not, but I wouldn't have even rated it in the top half of the songs they played in Chicago.

I think they are really going to catch on and do well in the country market and this is going to be the perfect platform for Jess to jump off of into her first big label solo album.

The only thing I worry about is what will happen if the country audience gets wind of Michelle's political views for some reason.  They don't seem to react to kindly to liberals in their genre *cough*Dixie Chicks*cough*.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
The Wreckers
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2006, 08:58:47 am »
i don't care for leave the pieces.
but whatever i'm still excited :mrgreen:
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

I gotta wear shades

• View Profile
The Wreckers
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2006, 04:19:14 pm »
Quote from: "abbottANDcostello"
"Leave the Pieces" is the most Michelle sounding song on the album (or at least that's what it sounded like live).

:lol:   Yep, it's so Michelle-sounding that the label strongly encouraged them not only to put the song onto their album but to use it as their debut single in lieu of their own material.  :wink:

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
The Wreckers
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2006, 09:10:23 am »
Where can I hear Wreckers' music?
Dustin

The Wreckers
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2006, 09:25:41 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Where can I hear Wreckers' music?

Even though their album has been done for a long time now, Maverick shelved it because they didn't want Michelle doing promo when she was pregnant.  Not because they were concerned for her health-wise, but because they didn't want that "image" of her during the promo.  

Therefore, the only way you can hear them is by getting a hold of someone's bootleg from a short tour they did almost a year ago.

I have a copy of the show they did in Chicago (not the greatest fidelity, but not the worst either) that I got from TWMB, but that place is shut down now.

I'd be happy to share it with you, but I've never done that before and you'd have to explain how I would go about getting it to you.

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
The Wreckers
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2006, 09:27:33 am »
Wonderful! :D   I'll send you a PM when I get back from lunch and we'll discuss the details.
Dustin

The Wreckers
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2006, 11:51:21 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Wonderful! :D   I'll send you a PM when I get back from lunch and we'll discuss the details.

No problem.  I'm not exactly a whiz on the computer, but I'm also not completely lacking of technilogical know-how, so I should be able to help you.
 :)

I gotta wear shades

• View Profile
The Wreckers
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2006, 01:57:20 am »
 Not because they were concerned for her health-wise, but because they didn't want that "image" of her during the promo.  

How do you know it wasn't for concern for her health?  If she were to miscarriage because of the stress of promoting the album, that wouldn't be good for anyone. And given that there may be a genetic predisposition involved with premature births, it'd be best to error on the side of caution in Michelle's case. Michelle herself acknowledged that she couldn't fly during her third trimester.  She expressed unhappiness touring during March because of the discomfort the pregnancy caused.  So in light of all this, I'd like to know just when and how this album was supposed to be promoted?

The Wreckers
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2006, 06:57:40 am »
Quote from: "I gotta wear shades"
 Not because they were concerned for her health-wise, but because they didn't want that "image" of her during the promo.  

How do you know it wasn't for concern for her health?  If she were to miscarriage because of the stress of promoting the album, that wouldn't be good for anyone. And given that there may be a genetic predisposition involved with premature births, it'd be best to error on the side of caution in Michelle's case. Michelle herself acknowledged that she couldn't fly during her third trimester.  She expressed unhappiness touring during March because of the discomfort the pregnancy caused.  So in light of all this, I'd like to know just when and how this album was supposed to be promoted?

I'm just going by what Michelle said.  

Direct quote from Michelle on TWMB: "The record wasn't released because Maverick didn't want me promoting an album pregnant. they thought it would look bad to my young fans...bull.”

I guess she could be an outright lier but, knowing how greedy and cuthroat the music industry can be, I choose to believe her.

I agree with you that her health could and should have been a concern but, according to Michelle, this wasn't Maverick's main reasoning.

I gotta wear shades

• View Profile
The Wreckers
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2006, 02:41:55 am »

I guess she could be an outright lier but, knowing how greedy and cuthroat the music industry can be, I choose to believe her.

There is a difference between drawing your own conclusion and lying.  We don't know they actually said something like that to Michelle.  And even if they did, it doesn't mean they weren't concerned for her health as your statement implied. I'm not defending Maverick.  They've made mistakes, but I don't think they're that callous.

The Wreckers
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2006, 09:58:07 am »
Quote from: "I gotta wear shades"

I'm not defending Maverick.  They've made mistakes, but I don't think they're that callous.

I do.

And, unfortuantely, I bet they're even more callous than my cynical ass thinks.