Author Topic: *ahem*  (Read 17556 times)

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
*ahem*
« on: November 04, 2004, 09:22:07 am »
It's been a long day. I'm bored. So I'm posting.

Someone replied to a thread I was watching from two years ago and I suddenly received an email that reminded me this place existed, so I thought I should at least stop by now and then and say hello .. so .. hello. Hope everyone is doing good and staying out of trouble!

I've been very busy with work mostly. Got a job interview tomorrow for a bigger and better and ultimatley busier place, so I'll have more money but less time, lol. Ah well.

Let me know how you've all been.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
*ahem*
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 09:29:05 am »
sure has been awhile.  it's nice to see you drop by.  thinks are cool on my end...although I wish I had a job interview that would give me more money   :razz:

snapple936

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snapple936
    • View Profile
*ahem*
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 09:38:07 am »
he DOES exist!!! :-)

kelley
...i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun, you know that only the good

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
*ahem*
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 11:12:57 am »
Quote from: "snapple936"

Isn't it amazing?  It's like he's returned from the dead or something, hahahaha.  Well, it is nice to see you, even if it might not be for long.  :)
Good luck on that job interview!

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
*ahem*
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 11:52:18 am »
So good to see you posting again Mattio! Good luck with the interview *hug*
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
*ahem*
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 11:58:59 am »
Who's this guy? Is he new or what? Welcome to nh.com.

-Kev

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
*ahem*
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 02:20:38 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
sure has been awhile.  it's nice to see you drop by.  thinks are cool on my end...although I wish I had a job interview that would give me more money   :razz:

If only it was the job interview that gave me money. I'd just stick to doing the interviews! Lots of travel, but it wouldn't be a bad job really ;)

Quote from: "snapple936"

Just about :)

Quote from: "Emily"
Good luck on that job interview!

Quote from: "Tia"
Good luck with the interview

Quote from: "kev222"
Who's this guy? Is he new or what? Welcome to nh.com.

lol.. thanks.. I'll try to be good ;)

The interview was interesting. Huge company and loads more cash, but I don't know if I want to go there or not. 40 min train journey there and 40 back and they run at stupid times (hourly I think). Would have to start wearing a suit. Would just be maintaining and expanding one web site instead of developing new sites. Dunno really. Have to see if I get a second interview anyway :)

I'm hating ntl at the moment. Never had a problem with them before, but the phone line stopped working over a week ago and someone should be turning up to fix it today. A week without the phone! Tsk. I should get some kind of refund anyway. Still .. very inconvenient! Now I have to hang around all day because the engineer is going to turn up between 12 and 6pm .. how very accurate.

So how's all of you? What you up to at the moment Kev? Are you now a full time code monkey? :)

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
*ahem*
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 11:40:23 am »
Quote from: "Zebrakorn"
Now I have to hang around all day because the engineer is going to turn up between 12 and 6pm .. how very accurate.

lol. If NTL are are anything like BT, the engineer will show up at either 11am or 7pm. hehe.

Quote from: "Zebrakorn"
So how's all of you? What you up to at the moment Kev? Are you now a full time code monkey? :)

Ha. Yep, you got it, full time code monkey :) C/C++ Linux/Windows apps mainly. I really don't like the job at all. I applied for a new job in Ipswitch where 3 old uni friends work, that would have been sweet, but I didn't get it :? I'm thinking of leaving after Christmas. I have no idea what I'll do after I quit, but hopefully it'll be nothing to do with computers 8)

Outside of work things are good. Still getting an hour or two of guitar in each day. Making reasonable progress :) Pity the music I play is desperately unpopular, lol, otherwise that might be a career option. Other than that, just living for the weekends and trying to minimise the time spent at work as much as possible.

That's basically it at the moment.

-Kev

P.S. Good luck with the new job Matto (if you decide you want it)

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
*ahem*
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 06:58:09 am »
Ipswich? That's only 20 mins up the road from me .. could have gone out for a drink some time! Go back there and get that job.

I've finally discovered the world of asp.net so I'm happier than a really happy thing that's found a load of bananas. It's five trillion times better than developing with asp 3, if not more. VanessaVoss.net will be .net soon enough, along with the forum =)

Really not overly keen about this new job. Too many cons and not enough pros. We shall see.

DeepWithinMyself

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
*ahem*
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 07:01:17 am »
Yeah i hate my job..lol..i want to quit so bad, but not till i find another job at least, once i get out college will see. Not much on the market right now :?

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
*ahem*
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 07:15:56 am »
Quote from: "DeepWithinMyself"
Yeah i hate my job..lol..i want to quit so bad, but not till i find another job at least, once i get out college will see. Not much on the market right now :?

What you doing at the moment?

DeepWithinMyself

• View Profile
*ahem*
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 07:19:08 am »
I work at a grocery store, at the deli department  :roll:  exciting stuff i tell ya. ..lol..

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
*ahem*
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 07:27:22 am »
I'll stay behind my desk where it's safe I think. If I'm lucky, my eyes might fall out soon. Certainly feels like it.

DeepWithinMyself

• View Profile
*ahem*
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 07:29:10 am »
Eh its not ALL bad, i can't sit still for more then 5 min so this job keeps me moving around  :lol:

So what excalty do you do?

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
*ahem*
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 07:35:40 am »
MATT!!! I've missed you loads! Whatever happened to all of the chums, eh? They dissapated! Nere, Scum and I tried to contact you when we met in London but we couldn't get a hold of you :( How are you? Glad you're back!
"I'm all about the wordplay."