Author Topic: Vets day....  (Read 1850 times)

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
Vets day....
« on: November 10, 2004, 10:21:30 pm »
War is hell. Like how the military is being used at the moment or not, ultimately our military puts up with hell to defend us. Thursday is the day we honor their sacrifice.

Do something nice for a vet you know. And please, please, let us all work for a world in which people don't have to die needlessly in unnecessary or badly planned wars. Our soldiers are willing to die for us. The very least we can do for them is to make sure that if they do die, they have not died in vain.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Vets day....
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 11:19:25 pm »
I don't know any personally, but I'll be thinkin of them. Unfortunately my college sucks & "celebrates" it on Friday, they just decided to change it... so that is not cool.

LimeTwister

Vets day....
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 05:38:35 am »
Yes, please remember the Veterans.  The ones that gave us freedom, to the ones that fought to keep freedom.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Vets day....
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 05:46:59 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Yes, please remember the Veterans.  The ones that gave us freedom, to the ones that fought to keep freedom.

yep yep. whether you agree with war or not, Veterans are some of the bravest and strongest people in the world.

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
Vets day....
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 06:05:16 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
I don't know any personally, but I'll be thinkin of them. Unfortunately my college sucks & "celebrates" it on Friday, they just decided to change it... so that is not cool.

Heh, I don't think we celebrate it at all.  I didn't even realize it was vets day until someone told me they had a day off and I was like wtheck for?

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

Wagella

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.loltech.org
    • Email
Vets day....
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 06:45:09 am »
It's Armastice day. The celebration of the end of the First World War.

I don't know what time it is there, but at 11 am on the 11/11 you should observe 1 minute silence. I suppose in the US you dont do this, since you didnt do shit all in WW1.
www.loltech.org
Manufacturers and distributors of premium quality lols.