Author Topic: Shannon Thomas  (Read 305559 times)

Promiscious-boy

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1110 on: July 16, 2007, 10:46:13 am »
Shiiiit, in the beginning of the year, I bought something from UK and a bloody Hacker got it and messed up my mom's credit card

So, since then, I can't buy anything internationally until I'm 18 and I'm still 17 and I can't believe I can't buy the new songs by Shannon, that's the most terrible thing of the world! I hate hackers.. Damn it

But they're really good good songs, Day by day Shannon gets her music better...

I'm really happy with your success!!!

You're the best and I'm the worst

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

Si_duffers!

• MSN Messenger - Simon_duffers@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1111 on: August 17, 2007, 07:46:13 am »
I don't get all that mcuh time to check in that much these days but hope things are still going great!
You say we're too young but maybe you're too old to remember...

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1112 on: August 17, 2007, 09:20:35 am »
Honestly, I wouldn't say it's going "great".  

It's funny...when I first started writing songs, I thought all I had to do was write some 'hit' songs & I'd be golden.  I realize now that I was wrong, but since then the music industry has also changed a lot.  From what I hear, having great songs used to be (almost) enough, but now you really have to build a solid following, all on your own, before you get any label attention.   I'm having a hard time finding my local fanbase because there aren't very many worth-while venues for my band here.  I kind of don't know what to do next.  

I'm constantly writing and recording and would love to release another album in the not-so-distant future.  I'm not giving up, but I am definitely a little discouraged at the moment.  The life of an artist really is tough.  However, I must note that I am currently very lucky to be in a position where I can focus on my music career without having to worry about income.  So that's a plus!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1113 on: August 17, 2007, 02:47:19 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"

It's funny...when I first started writing songs, I thought all I had to do was write some 'hit' songs & I'd be golden.  I realize now that I was wrong, but since then the music industry has also changed a lot.  From what I hear, having great songs used to be (almost) enough, but now you really have to build a solid following, all on your own, before you get any label attention.   I'm having a hard time finding my local fanbase because there aren't very many worth-while venues for my band here.  I kind of don't know what to do next.  

I'm constantly writing and recording and would love to release another album in the not-so-distant future.  I'm not giving up, but I am definitely a little discouraged at the moment.  The life of an artist really is tough.  However, I must note that I am currently very lucky to be in a position where I can focus on my music career without having to worry about income.  So that's a plus!

Why don't you move to NYC or LA??

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1114 on: August 17, 2007, 04:14:30 pm »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"

Why don't you move to NYC or LA??

Easier said than done.   :wink:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1115 on: August 18, 2007, 02:40:31 am »
true... but then again I almost upped and left this summer to NY with my boyfriend and his best friend. We'd have been living in the city, 400 each for rent. id be workin a whole lot for sure, and id still be poor considering it is NY. I would be aiming for advertising tho, not music. that might throw in a wrench.

but i decided to take a year off, save up a lot of money so in 3 years when i finish school i can move to NY and have some security.

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1116 on: August 18, 2007, 12:37:44 pm »
Yeah it must be hard :(. It just sucks tho the not so great singers get all these hits and what not..tho really good singers it seems like they don't get noticed..

Hm. Maybe you can get some of your songs on radio or something or talk to a record company?

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1117 on: August 18, 2007, 04:12:43 pm »
I agree.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1118 on: August 19, 2007, 10:12:52 am »
Quote from: "CelestialHorse"
Yeah it must be hard :(. It just sucks tho the not so great singers get all these hits and what not..tho really good singers it seems like they don't get noticed..

Hm. Maybe you can get some of your songs on radio or something or talk to a record company?

Nobody realizes how hard that is until they're trying to do it.  First of all, most radio stations won't even play independent music.  You have to be signed with a label - that's your "in".  Labels pay for radio play!  As for getting label attention, that's pretty difficult as well.  There are thousands of artists competing for it...it's hard, but I'm going to keep trying.
The fantasy

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1119 on: August 19, 2007, 10:37:49 am »
Shannon, you should get into the next season of The Hills. Heidi is releasing an album. I bet ya 10:1 it'll sell like hotcakes.

I hear ya, though. You feel really confined in a town that isn't LA, NY, or even Nashville. But don't give up.
Joe

Promiscious-boy

• MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1120 on: August 19, 2007, 03:07:38 pm »

Nobody realizes how hard that is until they're trying to do it.  First of all, most radio stations won't even play independent music.  You have to be signed with a label - that's your "in".  Labels pay for radio play!  As for getting label attention, that's pretty difficult as well.  There are thousands of artists competing for it...it's hard, but I'm going to keep trying.

Course you've got to try

I want you touring BRAZIL and all the WORLD

And watching you being nominated for Grammy awards..

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1121 on: August 20, 2007, 10:42:58 am »
Quote from: "Jophess"
Shannon, you should get into the next season of The Hills. Heidi is releasing an album. I bet ya 10:1 it'll sell like hotcakes.

I hear ya, though. You feel really confined in a town that isn't LA, NY, or even Nashville. But don't give up.

Wow...another reality star making an album.  I should've seen that coming, I guess.   :roll:
The fantasy

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1122 on: August 26, 2007, 08:50:13 pm »
Hm I am not sure if this would work but you can sneek into an American Idol audition and they will see how awesome you are and record companies will want you..meh who knows. XD  Ah who knows. Hm I wonder how like Nessa got a record  deal tho.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1123 on: August 26, 2007, 11:25:14 pm »
Hm I am not sure if this would work but you can sneek into an American Idol audition and they will see how awesome you are and record companies will want you..meh who knows. XD  Ah who knows. Hm I wonder how like Nessa got a record  deal tho.

Vanessa just met the right person who could help her...I'm hoping the same will happen for me. :)

I've thought about auditioning for "American Idol", but I think my songs are a lot stronger than my voice.   :wink:
The fantasy

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #1124 on: August 27, 2007, 09:29:43 am »
Double post.  Move along....
Dustin