Author Topic: Shannon Thomas  (Read 288570 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2005, 01:08:06 am »
Kevin and I were discussing your CD tonight. Hopefully we will get a review up on AB soon.  :).
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2005, 07:16:50 am »
Eh...no rush.  Seriously.  There's too many bad things to say about it!  I've been seriously considering not selling it anymore.   :?
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Si_duffers!

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Simon_duffers@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2005, 09:13:47 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Eh...no rush.  Seriously.  There's too many bad things to say about it!  I've been seriously considering not selling it anymore.   :?

No no no no!!! I MUST have it! My new bank says I'll get my card in 2 weeeeeeeks! *chills out*
You say we're too young but maybe you're too old to remember...

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2005, 11:37:17 am »

8O

O_o.

?
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2005, 01:27:59 pm »

What?? I LOVE your cd, don't say that. It's amazing! One of my favorites actually.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2005, 03:11:15 pm »
Quote from: "Si_duffers!"

No no no no!!! I MUST have it! My new bank says I'll get my card in 2 weeeeeeeks! *chills out*

I told you I'd send you a copy for free, didn't I?   :wink:

Ok, here's the deal.  I wrote this thing out a couple weeks ago to post on my website....but it's taken longer than I expected to get it posted.  It explains everything:

----------------------------------------
"After MUCH consideration, I've decided to basically stop selling my cd.  It's a long story, but here's the jist:  I wasn't ready to record an album when I made this cd.  It was my first attempt at recording and I did a lot of it myself (actually ALL of the music, which, in my opinion, turned out great--until I took it somewhere to finish and ran into some major problems)*.  Anyway, I knew the recordings turned out kinda bad, but it was no big deal (to me) because I did it all for so cheap.  The decision to release it as an "album"  was stupid, but I did it 'cause I wanted SOMEthing to hand out at shows, something people could hang on to so they would remember me.  I spent a lot of money on the cd art and duplication, which was a HUGE mistake!  I was just getting ahead of myself...what bothers me NOW (more than anything) when I think of "The Something I Believe In" is how much I hate the vocals!  I have improved so much over the past year, so those recordings of my voice are pretty embarrassing.  SO.  The bottom line is I don't want to sell a cd I'm not proud of.  I don't want to have to apologize about the quality of it.  I don't want people to think this is the best I can do.  Because it isn't--believe me!  (Check out www.myspace.com/shannonthomas and listen to the new version of "Not Below You."  You'll see what I mean.  I've already made some progress!)  If you would like a copy of "The Something I Believe In," I will not charge you as of NOW.  You can email me (CHERIO4444@aol.com) if you want to request a cd (for a souvenir or something since there's just 100 copies in this world, haha).  Hopefully you will hear some potential in the album--that is all I ask.  Remember those were the first songs I ever wrote!  If you've already purchased it and you're thinking, "Hey!  That's not fair!" let me know how I  can make it up to you.  I can send you a disc of some newer, better songs if you'd like.  We can work it out.  I want to build a solid fan base.  I just don't think that selling this cd is the way to go about it.  Please give me your feedback!  Your thoughts and opinions really matter to me.  Thanks!

*Shannon*

*The problems I'm referring to did not occur @ Aromatone Records.  ;o)  They did their job just fine!"
-----------------------------------------

So, anyway, I hate my vocals so much on those recordings that I can barely listen to it w/o throwing myself off a bridge.  (Sorry if I'm being overdramatic, but I'm just trying to make my point.)  I'm very proud of the songs that are on there, though.  I still play several of them at shows.  I just don't know what to do about it...except record some new stuff and make a new, awesome album.  And this time I will do it RIGHT!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2005, 03:12:32 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"

What?? I LOVE your cd, don't say that. It's amazing! One of my favorites actually.

I'm sooooooooooo glad to hear that!  Believe me.  I hope you understand why I'm making this decision...it's not easy.   :?
The fantasy

LimeTwister

Shannon Thomas
« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2005, 03:30:28 pm »
welllllllllllllllll....I don't own the album, but I would like to say...

You made it, it's your art, you can do what you want.  However, as you get older, and your art matures, fans want to see your progression and how you evolve.  I would say most artists feel like you do when they look back on their older work...but that marks a period of your life...where you were at.  It reflects where you were at developing yourself, and, when you look back, you will see how you have grown.

Anywho, the best of luck to you, no matter what you decide!

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2005, 03:44:06 pm »
Thanks for explaining. When you first said what you said, it made me go 8O.

As a listener, I could definitely hear your potential when I listened to the CD. Finding artists with potential is something that definitely intrigues me, especially with indie music. I always try to gauge whether it seems like an artist has career potential or not. If it doesn't jump out to me that they do, other than checking out their music I usually won't make much of an effort to promote them, etc.

As a fan, and as you get new fans, it would be nice for them to have the CD, kind of how we all geek for the VC demo tapes even though we know her vocals weren't great on those at all.

And from the newer versions of the songs, I definitely noticed that your vocals have progressed nicely.

I think it would be cool if you put together a disc of the newer songs and sent it to peeps who wanted it. I'd take one :wink:.

Overall though, people who like you will support you through anything, and will accentuate the positives of the music in the face of the negatives.

Laura

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2005, 06:48:32 pm »
Aww I'm still sad cuz I really love this album, but I can see why you made your decision. It makes sense.

Quote from: "B"
I think it would be cool if you put together a disc of the newer songs and sent it to peeps who wanted it. I'd take one :wink:.

Me to :) Except can I get an autographed one? hehe I was gonna ask when I got your cd but I didn't think of it till after I got it. You know, just incase you become famous one day  :wink:

Si_duffers!

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2005, 12:13:31 am »
I was listening to joseph arthurs redemption's son and your new track came on my space with the same lyric i was like what the! and once again I was like who's this! Hehe can't wait to hear more you have wonderful potential so keep going

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2005, 12:25:02 pm »
Check your pms, Laura and B.   :wink:

For anyone else interested in getting your hands on a copy of my not-so-pefect recordings, PM me your address.  I've decided I'm just going to charge $2 for US citizens and $5 for everyone else--and ONLY if you're getting the album.  It'll cover most of the S&H fees.  If you're just getting the bonus disc 'cause you already have the album, don't worry about it.  I'm just making sure I don't LOSE money because of this.  

:wink:
The fantasy

Si_duffers!

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2005, 12:52:27 pm »
Hey I pm'd you over at your site  :D

Laura

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2005, 01:59:22 pm »
Thanks so much Shannon! I replied back to your pm  :)

Afterglow

• **BANNED**
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - white_houses@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - XxSaturdaysxX
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Mcaofera_wunderschon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.harmonium.rg3.net
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2005, 07:51:07 pm »
Hey, I'm so sorry about it all......  You know, I'm a big fan of you, and I love you so much the same way I love Vanessa... you're perfect...... and I totally disagree with you about what you said.. ok, it's your opinion......

But this album, I think it's one of my favorites..... I listen to it everyday.... I love all the songs, my friends loved all the songs.... it's all so perfect on it..... but if you think it isn't....

Hope you're doing the right thing to yourself......

And I can't imagine a better album than it...
But as a fan, I just can support you...

I just hope you desist of singing... it'd so hard to me.....

But... I'm still waiting that picture of you that you said you'd send to me... :oops:

Bye.. see you around

Shannon, if possible, I'd love to talk to you online, do you have MSN or something? I got so many things to tell you but it's not the same thing posting in a forum....

............ Vou para Europa descobrir alguns segredos da Vida ............