Author Topic: age when it comes to dating  (Read 6321 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
age when it comes to dating
« on: March 14, 2005, 12:24:45 am »
Whats the oldest or youngest a person would be inorder for you to be willing to date them? Whats the oldest or youngest that someone you have dated been? How many years difference? Do you think age matters at all?
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 09:04:31 am »
I don't think age matters when it comes to relationships, as long as it's appropriate. I personally wouldn't really want to date a guy who was MORE than a year younger than me or more than maybe a year or two older than me, but for other people, I think you should go for whatever floats your boat.

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 10:47:12 am »
hmm....is this thread similar to this one? http://forums.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=7077

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 01:10:03 pm »
Quote from: "BWilli"
hmm....is this thread similar to this one? http://forums.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=7077

similar, but I don't think its the same.  this is more of a generality, whereas that other post was a specific type thing.

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 01:44:32 pm »
Quote from: "emmy"
Quote from: "BWilli"

similar, but I don't think its the same.  this is more of a generality, whereas that other post was a specific type thing.

okay...nevermind then... :D

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 02:42:04 pm »
Oldest I've dated... 26, when I was 19? Youngest, a boy who was a year younger than me. I don't think I'd have trouble dating guys 1 or 2 years younger, though at this age you can really tell how most guys are really immature in comparison to girls my age, which is why I'd say the ideal age for someone who's 20 like me would be a guy who's 25-ish (though it always depends on the guy)

Nowadays I see friends of mine dating guys who are 29 even 30, and quite honestly, they don't seem that old. Personally, I'd still be intimidated by the fact that I'm with someone who's nearly 10 years older than me and supposedly knows a lot more about life than me, but then again, it depends on the situation...

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 04:21:19 pm »
I'm 18. She's 15. I don't care.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 04:09:15 am »
I keep attracting alot of 18 year olds.  Alot of people think I'm alot younger than I am.  So if chicks think I'm twenty four and such, it sucks for me.  I don't really have a problem with age, I'm just sick of 19 year olds who think they are sooo mature when in my opinion they are JUST as immature as the guys their age(or me at 32.)

I'll say I'm thirty two and they will either be in shock or, "Oh wow an older guy.*slober*"

:wink:

tylor

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 06:03:25 am »
I don't think I could date a girl younger than 21 on the young side and  one day older than me on the older side.

For foreigners, 21 is a significant age in the states.  girls younger than that can't hang out with me on most weekends, cause I'd want to be at the bars with my friends and she couldn't get in.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 10:10:39 am »
Personally... I never used to think dating guys more than a couple years older than me was appropriate, but when I came to college, my viewpoint sort of changed.  I personally don't know if I could date someone who is still in highschool at this point, but I think 2 years younger or so isnt all that bad, or it won't be eventually.  I've been attracted to a lot of older guys, but I think the oldest I'd go for right now would be about 25 at the very most.  My boyfriend right now is a half of a year older than me, no real age difference.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 03:26:15 pm »
I don't think age differences really matters too much but rather their maturity levels. I'm not really hung up on the chronological age because different experiences can mature people faster. I don't see myself ever dating anyone under 21 but I can't say it wouldn't ever happen because I do find some girls under 21 attractive but it's probably highly unlikely (I'm not rich enough to be attractive to them.) I think the oldest I could date is about 40 because Bridget Fonda is about that age and I could see myself dating someone like that.

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 06:15:47 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
I keep attracting alot of 18 year olds.  Alot of people think I'm alot younger than I am.  So if chicks think I'm twenty four and such, it sucks for me.

I'd have no problem with loosing 8 years and gaining a much younger g/f :P

Fairy

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilfairydotorg
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 10:57:29 pm »
I made a thread similar to this, once.

I think that people under the age of 15 should stick to 18 years at the oldest, and thats still touching a subject I'd hate to pick my fork at.

My bf is 23, I'm 19.

It all depends on the maturity of the person, and then there is that whole numberlogy thing.

meh.

Jay_Oh

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - jen@olson.net.nz
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NZGroovage
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nzgroovage/index.htm/
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 08:08:50 pm »
The oldest person I'd date would probably be about 26 (I'm 17) and I probably wouldn't date someone younger than me. Younger guys just don't appeal to me. The last boyfriend I had was 21.

Afterglow: Brazil is a forest... bah....
Gingernut: I didnt know brazil had sheep...

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 07:59:27 am »
Quote from: "Jay_Oh"
The oldest person I'd date would probably be about 26 (I'm 17) and I probably wouldn't date someone younger than me. Younger guys just don't appeal to me. The last boyfriend I had was 21.

Nothing personal to YOU, but any 26 year old who would date a 17 year is shit and isn't someone you want to date.  26 year old should have VERY LITTLE in common with 17 year olds.  And def not enough to want to date them.

It's too big of an age gap.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew