Author Topic: STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE  (Read 54024 times)

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2005, 10:55:41 am »
Quote from: "rainforestspirit"
This is something I *really* liked about Nessa. She is always making fun of other stars for posing naked or almost naked to sell records or do concerts because she thinks she doesn't need to do that to be a good artist. I really respect that about her. I hope I still will once I see this Jane magazine. It sounds tasteful so I am hopeful.

I totally agree.  And I don't think Vanessa would do anything that isn't tasteful, at least I hope so.  I think she can make the right decisions :wink:

by the way. here's the link to the interview where she says stuff about not being naked to sell records.

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 10:56:03 am »
It's disappointing. That's all I have to say about it.

Amanda

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2005, 10:59:12 am »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"

Amanda

it shouldn't be dissappointing...we dont even know why she's doing it.  it's most like is NOT for album sales.  there is probably a better reason.

and again, it's not like she's baring all.

this Jane magazine seems like a lot more tastefull than Maxim and Stuff Mag.  A LOT more tastefull

rainforestspirit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan/
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 11:03:55 am »
Here's some more:

From Verona, NY concert "You won’t see me strutting around in hotpants….I even own hotpants, but i won't wear them on stage. I wear them for... my... own... nevermind"

Vanessa: "Well, I think that I'm perfectly happy that my brain is bigger than my boobs, and that's quite all right with me. There's a pressure to stay thin and pretty, but I don't feel a pressure to be naked or get a boob job or anything like that. I'm sure I would sell more records ... but I couldn't care less. I have friends and family and a boyfriend and I don't have to prove myself to anyone. And with that said, I definitely have one of the better (behinds) in the music industry, and no one will see it because I'm sitting at the piano!"

Quote from: "NESSAussie"
Quote from: "Dora"
Quote from: "kev222"
GAH WHY

she said she'd never pose like that for a magazine  :cry:

Really? When?

I don't recall a specific time but I know she's said it.

Quote from: "VanessaCarlton"
I don’t really think being on the cover of Maxim will help me to sell records. Frankly, I don’t need to be in my underwear to command attention from men. I can do it just as well by playing my piano.

rainforestspirit

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan/
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2005, 11:05:41 am »
Quote from: "iKnowWhatYouDid"

by the way. here's the link to the interview where she says stuff about not being naked to sell records.

Oops!  :oops: Sorry, I didn't know you had already quoted it. Geez you guys are fast!

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2005, 11:14:14 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"

Amanda

it shouldn't be dissappointing...we dont even know why she's doing it.  it's most like is NOT for album sales.  there is probably a better reason.

and again, it's not like she's baring all.

Even if it is for a good cause, that fact that she's even agreeing to it disappoints me because I always had the impression that Vanessa wasn't about showing skin but more about the music. Why not play concerts for some fundraisers?  

She has the right to do whatever she wants. And I guess it's not like this would affect her music, it's just that posing for this magazine would put Vanessa in the same light as other "skanky" pop stars, which Vanessa has criticized before. I just don't agree with that kind of publicity.

Amanda

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2005, 11:15:13 am »
Something tells me that if several stars are doing this then it's not so Nessa can sell records.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2005, 11:16:24 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
Something tells me that if several stars are doing this then it's not so Nessa can sell records.

THANK YOU.   :D

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2005, 11:22:40 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
Quote from: "amberbeads"

THANK YOU.   :D

You're quite welcome 8)

Even if it is for a good cause, that fact that she's even agreeing to it disappoints me because I always had the impression that Vanessa wasn't about showing skin but more about the music. Why not play concerts for some fundraisers?

Just because she's doing this doesn't mean she's "about showing skin."
Besides, what's wrong with skin? We all know that her clothes aren't sewn to her body.
Regardless, I doubt Nessa would completely go back on all of her moral beliefs (ie the statements she's made about using sex to sell records); she doesn't seem like the abrupt and irrational type.
Secondly, she DOES play concerts for charity and political events.
Third, Jane is a magazine oriented towards women. It is in no way the same as Hustler, Playboy or Maxim. So I doubt the point of her being naked is because Jane thinks that their readers will get off on it :roll:
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2005, 11:30:24 am »
Here's some more:

From Verona, NY concert "You won’t see me strutting around in hotpants….I even own hotpants, but i won't wear them on stage. I wear them for... my... own... nevermind"

Vanessa: "Well, I think that I'm perfectly happy that my brain is bigger than my boobs, and that's quite all right with me. There's a pressure to stay thin and pretty, but I don't feel a pressure to be naked or get a boob job or anything like that. I'm sure I would sell more records ... but I couldn't care less. I have friends and family and a boyfriend and I don't have to prove myself to anyone. And with that said, I definitely have one of the better (behinds) in the music industry, and no one will see it because I'm sitting at the piano!"

hehehe i love both of those quotes. The second one is on my planner at school  :lol:
and I was at the Verona concert! yayy!!

P.S.

Oops!   :oops: Sorry, I didn't know you had already quoted it. Geez you guys are fast!

no problem  :wink:

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2005, 11:52:34 am »
We haven't even seen the pictures yet.  And since there's no album, no one can say that it's just to boost record sales.  She is trying to keep her name out there and playing the show biz game.  Thus far, Vanessa has stood for 100% integrity and has been amazingly level-headed.  From what it sounds like, VC will probably be showing even less than Meech did.

She is not turning into Xtina, and I'm glad for that.

We need to reserve judgment until the issue comes out.

"I like the area where my butt meets my thigh."

Me too!

Dan/NS

dashbranch

• AOL Instant Messenger - Jappyjill
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jillianaimee
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2005, 02:02:46 pm »
Vanessa's hot, good for her.  :)

banet2001

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2005, 03:14:51 pm »
Here is another one:

AP: You haven't done the Maxim layout?

Carlton: (laughs) No, and I don't have a desire to, because the bottom line is I feel womanly and sexy and confident ... I feel like taking off all of your clothes (is) doing it to get attention from men, and I don't feel like I need to fight for it. I feel sexy in pajamas. I think as a woman growing up in this society, it's really easy, dangerously easy, to kind of fall into the trappings of what your image should be, how you should look. The expectation for women has gotten about out of hand. I try to separate myself from the whole thing.

Here's some more:

Quote from: "NESSAussie"
Quote from: "kev222"
GAH WHY

she said she'd never pose like that for a magazine  :cry:

Really? When?

I don't recall a specific time but I know she's said it.

Quote from: "VanessaCarlton"
I don’t really think being on the cover of Maxim will help me to sell records. Frankly, I don’t need to be in my underwear to command attention from men. I can do it just as well by playing my piano.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2005, 03:45:46 pm »
Vanessa has changed, as all people do. If you're gonna stop liking her music because she thinks it'd be fun to do a nearly nude shoot, you're not much of a fan anyway.

Hey... whatever she wants to do, more power to her.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
STARS GET NAKED FOR JANE
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2005, 04:01:08 pm »
Chris: "boobies!"

That is all.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums