Author Topic: Vanessa on "Celebrity Charades"  (Read 29191 times)

angelheart56

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - angelheart567865@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vcangelsb922
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - angelheart567865
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/angelheart56
Vanessa on "Celebrity Charades"
« on: June 11, 2005, 08:12:56 am »
This was posted on the oboard a few days ago by Igottawearshades.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20050609005713&newsLang=en

Celebrities Act out On AMC; 'CELEBRITY CHARADES,' AMC's New Star-Studded Party Event, Premieres June 20 at 9 PM ET/PT

JERICHO, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 9, 2005--AMC:

-- Executive Produced by Emmy-Award(R) Winning Actor Chad Lowe, Acclaimed Actor/Director Bob Balaban and Academy Award(R) Winner Hilary Swank

-- Celebrity Participants During the Five Episodes Include Stanley Tucci, Lorraine Bracco, Julianna Margulies, Bebe Neuwirth, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Billy Baldwin, Hank Azaria, Rosie Perez and Carson Kressley

Witness the fierce competition, frenetic action and impulsive fun when celebrities give their best "over-the-top" performances for a good cause as AMC hosts a star-studded party in its latest original series, CELEBRITY CHARADES. Executive produced by acclaimed actor/director Bob Balaban ("Gosford Park"), Emmy Award(R)-winning actor Chad Lowe and Academy Award(R) winner Hilary Swank, the series puts a new spin on the familiar as celebrities get their game on to mime movie titles for their individual charitable causes. During each half-hour episode, games are played, dinner is served and the guests mingle and talk between rounds. CELEBRITY CHARADES' five new episodes will air as a special AMC event on five consecutive nights beginning on June 20, 2005 at 9 PM ET/PT.

CELEBRITY CHARADES invites viewers to a celebrity party held in an intimate New York City loft apartment where Balaban and Lowe welcome their friends - among them fellow actors Stanley Tucci, Lorraine Bracco, Julianna Margulies, Sam Rockwell, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Griffin Dunne, Billy Baldwin, Kristen Johnston, Hank Azaria, Rosie Perez, Carson Kressley, designers Cynthia Rowley and Isaac Mizrahi, and singer Vanessa Carlton - to play three rounds of "running charades." Each of the new episodes offer viewers an inside look at the personal relationships amongst the celebrity friends as the camera captures conversations, antics and inside jokes the group shares with one another over dinner, and continues to reveal throughout the game. The stars also speak about the charity they are playing for and why they support the worthy cause, through individual or group interviews.

THE RULES OF RUNNING CHARADES:

CELEBRITY CHARADES employs two teams, with five celebrities on each team. Teams are placed in separate rooms, while a neutral player gives one member of each team the same clue to act out. Each movie title clue is thematically linked to a movie-related topic. The first team to correctly guess all ten charades and their overall theme wins the game. A tiebreaker clue is enacted if both teams are even. On the lower third of the screen viewers will see fun facts and trivia about the current clue and can keep tally of each teams correct answers via a running score card.

Adam Kassen and Mark Kassen of Trigger Street Independent produce the show. Lowe and Swank executive produce the series via their Accomplice Films banner.

Producer/director/actor/writer Bob Balaban produced "Gosford Park" which won an Academy Award(R), Golden Globe Award, British Academy Award, New York Critic's Award and SAG Award. He has appeared in over 50 movies including "A Mighty Wind" and the soon to be release "Capote." He produced and directed the hit play "The Exonerated," and produced, directed and wrote "The Last Good Time," starring Armin Mueller-Stahl, Maureen Stapleton and Lionel Stander," which won for best director and best film at the Hamptons International Film Festival, and directed "Parents," starring Randy Quaid, Sandy Dennis and Marybeth Hurt. He directed the pilot for the long running series, "Tales From the Darkside" and last year produced, directed and starred in "Sex and the Suburbs," a pilot for Fox FX. In addition to his work at AMC, he is producing and directing "Hopeless Pictures," an animated series for IFC.

Born in Dayton, Ohio, Chad Lowe has appeared extensively in film, television and theater. In 1992, he won an Emmy(R) for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for "Life Goes On." Notable television guest star appearances have included such top rated dramas as "Law & Order SVU," "Without A Trace, CSI Miami, "Medium," and a recurring role on "ER." Feature film appearances include roles in "Nobody's Perfect" and Adrian Lyne's "Unfaithful." He recently appeared off Broadway in "The Exonerated." Chad recently directed two episodes of "Hack" for CBS, an episode of "Law & Order SVU" and his short film "The Space Between" is screening at international film festivals.

He is in preproduction on his feature film directing debut, "Beautiful, Ohio" based on a short story by Ethan Canin. Lowe is starring in the upcoming Hallmark Channel film "Fielders Choice" airing on June 18.

Hilary Swank joins her husband, actor Chad Lowe and their friend Bob Balaban, to executive produce this series. Swank has earned lead actress Oscars(R) for her portayal of the title character in Clint Eastwood's "Million Dollar Baby" and for her revered performance as 'Brandon Teena' in "Boys Don't Cry." She also recently starred in HBOs "Iron Jawed Angels" for which she received Golden Globe and SAG Award nominations. She will be seen next in Brian De Palma's "The Black Dahlia."

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 08:52:29 am »
How ODD!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

angelheart56

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 11:02:34 am »
I know but it sounds interesting too

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 04:44:40 pm »
I'd watch it.  Maybe they'll bring back Win, Lose or Draw! with celebrities too...
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

Star7

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 01:58:49 pm »
:? So is she actually on the show

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 06:20:56 am »
anybody watch last night?  i missed it.

Pyro

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 07:53:57 pm »
It was last night? Did I miss her? I'd really like to see that.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 07:11:58 am »
she wasn't on Monday's episode.

i taped last nights, but haven't watched it yet.  anyone know about Tuesdays episode?

angelheart56

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 10:03:54 am »
did anyone watch last nights?

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 02:51:59 pm »
I watched the beginning but just to make sure Vanessa wasn't on. She wasn't.

angelheart56

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 02:58:40 pm »
I dont get AMC!!!!! :cry: I'm sooo sad!!!!!!!!!

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 04:40:32 pm »
haha...i just watched last nights show the whole way, even though she wasn't on it.  it's such a fun show.

i'll be watching tonight even if she isn't on

i saw a commercial for tonights episode, it mentioned a few names and "others" so still not sure if she's on tonight.

angelheart56

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 04:42:03 pm »
is there anyway someone could tape it for me? Or put it on the computer or something?

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 05:04:29 pm »
i'm taping it AND SHE IS ON TONIGHT

angelheart56

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 05:05:29 pm »
PLEASE PLEASE UPLOAD IT AFTERWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!