Author Topic: It seems London is being bombed..  (Read 23435 times)

joann

It seems London is being bombed..
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2005, 07:24:49 am »
no words

*V_Pixie*

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - princess_glittergossip@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - GlitterKitten1175
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2005, 08:26:00 am »
Its seriously rubbish.

Its horrible to think that I drove past Algate station last night and it was all fine, and now this has happened.

Hope everybodya ok.

Ava x
*I shine so bright when you're around*

Love Ava x

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2005, 09:34:16 am »
Repost from my lj. Can't believe this is happening

I'm so scared and so shocked. Today i was going to Cambridge for an open day. I got the train up to london and was on the northern line at euston about to change to kings cross. They evacuated the station and said there was a power surge. I got completely lost walking to kings cross and ended up walking past woburn place and tavistock square. Luckily, i called my mum and she redirected me back.

Then hundreds of emergency services started arriving and we were told it was an 'electrical fault' but people started coming out with black smoke over their faces and i started getting scared. I saw a man bleeding from the mouth, i saw a woman faint, i saw overflowing hospitals- it was so eerily quiet. I was completely alone and my battery was running out. My mum called and we decided i should walk to waterloo- it was about 9:45 and she directed me down woburn place except i got lost. Thank god i did because thats exactly where the bus bomb went off, and it would've been exactly where i was walking down. That could've been me. I have never been that close to something like that before. Something made me lose my way.

It became clear something really serious was happening because there were police cordons everywhere and undercover MI5/police officers trying to get to the scene. Luckily, i managed to walk the hour or so it was to Oxford Circus and meet up with Fran who works at Vogue. I've stayed there the whole day. I am at her house now but i feel so shaken and scared. At one point i thought i was going to faint.My mum is stuck in cambridge and trying to get to me but all the motorways are blocked. There is no way i can get across london and home again, so i can't get home until tommorrow. So scary.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2005, 09:45:39 am »
good to hear from you rosie, glad you're safe now...i can't imagine being that close to it all.  hang in there.

angelheart56

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - angelheart567865@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vcangelsb922
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - angelheart567865
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/angelheart56
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2005, 09:46:00 am »
Thank God your okay!!! Has everyone in London checked in now?

joann

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2005, 09:54:22 am »
w o w
glad you are ok Rosie
but I expect things may never be the same

: (

Lucy

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2005, 09:56:38 am »
Hey I can't believe this has happened. They said on TV that it was inevitable and they couldn't have done anything to stop it. Seems kinda scary that these things can happen and people can have so little respect for the lives of civilians. All my relatives and friends are ok which is a great relief, and I don't live in London so I'm fine too.

Katia's Lover

• AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2005, 09:58:34 am »
As muchas I crack on my British friends, you guys are friends.  We are partners in this "war on terror", and while I hate to make politics out of a situation such as this, I think that this recent attack will only make us closer.  

I've never been a praying man, but my thoughts go out to those of you who are living oversees right now and are forced to worry about the well-being of friends and family members.  If and when we find out who was in charge of this attack, I hope that the US Military will repay the favor and help you destroy them.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2005, 10:12:26 am »
I'm so glad you're safe Rosie... Stay safe... and let me know if you need anything.
-- Jason

mellsbells12

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - luvabugg12
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2005, 10:45:50 am »
i was just watching TRL and the guy came on w/ the news and the second i heard i BOLTED upstairs to check this and make sure everyone was okay.

rosie-i love you!!!! hang in there, i cant even imagine what you're going thru, stay strong and if you need to talk im here.  

i remember 9/11 four years ago in NYC, and the people i know who were so close to this as well as the people i know who died and its just the hardest thing to overcome. one of the planes was actually flying right over my town on its way to NYC, its just crazy to think of how close things can happen to home.

i pray for everyone in london<3

--mells

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2005, 10:54:38 am »
So glad to hear you're okay Rosie!

Just think of it this way . . you have been exceedingly lucky today, considering how things could have gone had you not got lost. It's a good thing London is such a confusing maze eh? :)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2005, 11:32:26 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

I'm so scared and so shocked. Today i was going to Cambridge for an open day. I got the train up to london and was on the northern line at euston about to change to kings cross. They evacuated the station and said there was a power surge. I got completely lost walking to kings cross and ended up walking past woburn place and tavistock square. Luckily, i called my mum and she redirected me back.

Then hundreds of emergency services started arriving and we were told it was an 'electrical fault' but people started coming out with black smoke over their faces and i started getting scared. I saw a man bleeding from the mouth, i saw a woman faint, i saw overflowing hospitals- it was so eerily quiet. I was completely alone and my battery was running out. My mum called and we decided i should walk to waterloo- it was about 9:45 and she directed me down woburn place except i got lost. Thank god i did because thats exactly where the bus bomb went off, and it would've been exactly where i was walking down. That could've been me. I have never been that close to something like that before. Something made me lose my way.

It became clear something really serious was happening because there were police cordons everywhere and undercover MI5/police officers trying to get to the scene. Luckily, i managed to walk the hour or so it was to Oxford Circus and meet up with Fran who works at Vogue. I've stayed there the whole day. I am at her house now but i feel so shaken and scared. At one point i thought i was going to faint.My mum is stuck in cambridge and trying to get to me but all the motorways are blocked. There is no way i can get across london and home again, so i can't get home until tommorrow. So scary.

From now on when something like this happens, you run to a PC to let me know you're ok  within the hour :cuss:

Edit: A friend of mine told me something today that blew my mind in regards to 911.  More British Citizens died in 911 than in this bombing.

I guess it's one of those, when it happens in someone elses house it's not as scary.  But when it comes home, it really hits you emotionally.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2005, 11:47:20 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Edit: A friend of mine told me something today that blew my mind in regards to 911.  More British Citizens died in 911 than in this bombing.

Considering similar terrorist attacks such as 911, it is strange that this bombing wasn't on a larger scale. There are some huge targets in London, like Canary Wharf. Although I guess the point is to cause panic and distress, and they certainly achieved that much.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2005, 01:23:56 pm »
I am so glad you and your family are ok Rosie.

My almost sister-in-law's sister lives in London. I work nights but I didn't want to wake her up and tell her because there really wasn't anything she could do anyway. When she woke up and got my message she tried to call but couldn't get through. Her sister finally was able to call and said they were fine.

Take care Rosie!! *hug*

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2005, 02:00:52 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

Oh dear. All this time I thought you were safe in Cambridge! I'm SO glad you're ok, really, it's such a relief, I don't know even want to think of what I would have done... I've been so emotional all day and kept bursting into tears (it has, apart from this, been an awful day for a bunch of reasons), then I tried calling you and talked to Patty but I was so shaken I didn't really pay attention to what he said, so I've left a message on your phone. We'll talk soon though, just text me when you're home and I'll phone you ok? *hugs*  :(

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone