Author Topic: It seems London is being bombed..  (Read 23444 times)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
It seems London is being bombed..
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2005, 06:45:50 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

Edit: Also, your little rant on Africa is retarded.  The US gives more money in aid to Africa than any other country in the world.

Your little rants of Africa and aid are also retarded. You can use the "LOOK LOOK! We give sooooo much money!WE'RE GREAT!" but do i need to remind you that your economy produces the most in the world yet you give relatively little in proportion? Surely the best judge of a country's intentions is how much the government is prepared to surrender in relation to the size of their economy, not how much money overall they give.

There are plenty of other viable arguments for America's donation of aid- for instance their plan to combat HIV, but the fact they give the most in the world is not one of them. You've been told this before, so i don't know why you don't just suck it up and decide to change your argument.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2005, 07:51:40 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

Edit: Also, your little rant on Africa is retarded.  The US gives more money in aid to Africa than any other country in the world.

Your little rants of Africa and aid are also retarded. You can use the "LOOK LOOK! We give sooooo much money!WE'RE GREAT!" but do i need to remind you that your economy produces the most in the world yet you give relatively little in proportion? Surely the best judge of a country's intentions is how much the government is prepared to surrender in relation to the size of their economy, not how much money overall they give.

I agree.  That's still irrelevant.

Accusing the US of being at FAULT for Africa's problems because we don't give enough is absurd.

Quote from: "Rosie"
There are plenty of other viable arguments for America's donation of aid- for instance their plan to combat HIV, but the fact they give the most in the world is not one of them. You've been told this before, so i don't know why you don't just suck it up and decide to change your argument.

It's not my argument!  I was the one arguing with Jason before SUPPORTING the notion that the US doesn't give enough.

But the severity of the discussion here isn't "does the US give enough."  It was suggested that the US is somehow RESPONSIBLE and our President has his head stuck up his ass cause he's not giving more aide.

THe simple fact is, we should give me, but we can't afford it cause we decided to invade Iraq instead.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2005, 08:36:32 am »

Accusing the US of being at FAULT for Africa's problems because we don't give enough is absurd.

Its funny, because you have absolutely no evidence for that. At no point have i EVER said it is America's fault for Africa's state- that was your poor assumption.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2005, 09:41:41 am »

Its funny, because you have absolutely no evidence for that. At no point have i EVER said it is America's fault for Africa's state- that was your poor assumption.

8O  8O  8O

HENCE, I WASN'T RESPONDING TO YOU.  I WAS RESPONDING TO MORNINGSTING.  BECAUSE MORNING STING WAS SAYING IT WAS ALL BUSH'S FAULT.

DERF DERF DERF DERF
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2005, 09:53:11 am »

8O  8O  8O

HENCE, I WASN'T RESPONDING TO YOU.  I WAS RESPONDING TO MORNINGSTING.  BECAUSE MORNING STING WAS SAYING IT WAS ALL BUSH'S FAULT.

DERF DERF DERF DERF

BUT YOU USED MY QUOTE DEAR! Get your bloody finger off capps lock!

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2005, 10:13:59 am »

8O  8O  8O

DERF DERF DERF DERF

BUT YOU USED MY QUOTE DEAR! Get your bloody finger off capps lock!

I did not use your quote!  Go back to the last page... my entire post was in response to morningsuck.  Then you responded to the things I said to morningsuck and I defended what I said by explainig to you that what she said was completely inane.

You're only even part of this cause you decided to jump in the middle.

Read her damn post.  It's completely absurd.  She acts like GW Bush is single handidly raping and murdering African children.

---Andrew

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2005, 06:45:06 pm »
It is times like this when I wish I had more computer time so I could properly respond.  I'll just read for now.

tylor

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2005, 12:30:18 pm »
more news...police believe they've identified the bombers.

from Comcast.net:

LONDON - Police believe they have identified all four suicide bombers who carried out the deadly attacks on London subway trains and a bus last week, the city's police chief said Thursday.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair told the Foreign Press Association that police believe "that we know who the four people carrying the bombs were ... and we believe they are all dead."

"We are as certain as we can be that four people were killed and they were the four people carrying bombs," Blair said.

His comments were the first public confirmation from police that the July 7 attackers were suicide bombers. Bombs exploded on three subway trains and a double-decker bus, killing at least 53 people, including the attackers.

Peter Clarke, head of the Metropolitan Police anti-terrorist branch, on Thursday identified the suspected suicide bomber who blew up the double-decker bus, killing 13 people, as Hasib Hussain, 18. Clarke also said Shahzad Tanweer, 22, was responsible for attacking a subway train between the Liverpool Street and Aldgate stations. Both are Britons of Pakistani descent.

News reports have identified the other two as Mohammed Sidique Khan, 30, another Briton of Pakistani descent, and Lindsey Germaine, a Jamaican-born Briton.

Blair declined to comment on those reports, and he would not say how many suspects are being sought.

"We don't know if there is a fifth man, or a sixth man, a seventh man," he said, but added that police were trying to determine who organized the attack.

Two claims of responsibility purportedly from militant Islamic groups have surfaced.

Commenting on the possible role of al-Qaida, Blair said, "Al-Qaida is not an organization. Al-Qaida is a way of working ... but this has the hallmark of that approach."

"Al-Qaida clearly has the ability to provide training ... to provide expertise ... and I think that is what has occurred here," Blair said.

The Times of London, quoting unidentified police sources, said detectives were interested in locating Magdy el-Nashar, 33, an Egyptian-born academic who recently taught chemistry at Leeds University. The Times said he was believed to have rented one of the homes being searched in Leeds.

A spokesman at North Carolina State University said el-Nashar studied chemical engineering there, beginning in January 2000.

Saad Khan, the chemical engineering department's director of graduate programs, said he remembered that el-Nashar applied for admission while living in Egypt. By the end of spring semester in 2000, el-Nashar had decided to pursue a doctorate at Leeds instead, Khan said.

In a statement Thursday, Leeds University said el-Nashar enrolled in October 2000 to do biochemical research, sponsored by the National Research Center in Cairo, Egypt. It said he earned a doctorate May 6.

"We understand he was seeking a postdoctorate position in the U.K.," the university said. "His visa was updated by the Home Office earlier this year. He has not been seen on the campus since the beginning of July."

Neighbors said el-Nashar recently left Britain, saying he had a visa problem, The Times reported.

The Daily Telegraph said police were trying to identify a man seen standing near the four suspects on the Luton railway station platform, where they apparently boarded a train for London on July 7.

The Evening Standard reported that police spotted a fifth man on closed-circuit TV of the group at London's King's Cross station about 20 minutes before the explosions.

Late Wednesday, Scotland Yard said anti-terror police had raided a residence northwest of London.

Officers carried out a forensic examination, but police would not say why they targeted the house on a residential street in Aylesbury, about 40 miles from London and 20 miles from Luton - where a vehicle believed to be linked to the attacks was towed away Wednesday.

Reports said Tanweer had been arrested once for shoplifting, and Hussain was once questioned for disorderly behavior.

The Independent newspaper, citing police sources, said one of the four had been linked loosely to a plot to build a large bomb near London. It did not identify the suspect. The newspaper said police described the link as a low-level "association."

That appeared to be a reference to a ring cracked in March 2004, when eight men were arrested across southern England in an operation that led to the seizure of half a ton of ammonium nitrate, a chemical fertilizer used in many bomb attacks. Several have been charged and face trial.

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2005, 05:01:32 am »
Thursday July 21, 01:34 PM

Incidents Reported Near Tube Stations

There have been unconfirmed reports of an apparently minor explosion on the London Underground.There are no reports of casualties.A series of incidents have been reported near Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations on the London Underground.

The stations have been evacuated.

Train passenger Ivan McCracken told Sky News he spoke to an Italian man who witnessed an explosion.

"He told me he had seen a man carrying a rucksack which suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open his rucksack. Everyone rushed from the carriage. People evacuated very quickly. There was no panic.

"I didn't see anyone injured but there was shock and fright.

"There was a smell of smoke."

"The man who was holding the rucksack looked extremely dismayed.

Police have cordoned off the streets around Warren Street station. They said a suspect package had been reported on a Victoria Line train.

Sky reporter Mark White said authorities are "pushing everybody as far back from the station as they can".

It is two weeks to the day since bombers attacked three Tube trains and a bus in central London.

Another eyewitness, Sosiane Mohellavi, said "Everyone panicked and people were screaming.

"We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

an apparent nail bomb today.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2005, 05:25:40 am »
They're saying they were nail bombs that didn't have any explosives- but had detonators so they made a huge noise but haven't hurt many people. There's been an explosion on a bus too. Two weeks later and here we go again...

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2005, 06:08:59 am »
They're saying they were nail bombs that didn't have any explosives- but had detonators so they made a huge noise but haven't hurt many people. There's been an explosion on a bus too. Two weeks later and here we go again...

Yeah, it's confusing me.  They set this stuff off in the middle of the afternoon when there weren't an optimal # of people around, and it sounds like it's pretty minimal damage.

This sounds amatuer to me.  Not al-queda types.

---Andrew

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2005, 06:45:52 am »
Nail bombs used to be used by the IRA

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2005, 01:20:24 pm »
:(  saw the news today, this all just really needs to stop.  I agree though it does sound amateur...
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2005, 01:22:11 pm »
Good thing nobody was seriously hurt by this, this time around.

This world is filled with assholes, unfortunately.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2005, 12:46:31 am »
Quote from: "Scotty"
Nail bombs used to be used by the IRA

Nail bombs have been used by every terrorist organisation. Doesn't tell us anything. What they're saying now is that the bombs were identical to the ones used on July 7th but just didn't explode.